From Anti-CAIR, with thanks to DC Watson:
On January 6, 2004, Anti-CAIR published a Press Release concerning Minhaj Arastu, the lead contact for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) chapter in Columbia, South Carolina.
Why are we revisiting this issue? It’s the result of a complaint Anti-CAIR (ACAIR) received from the parent of an Irmo High School, Columbia, SC student. Why is Irmo High School important? …Mijhaj Arastu is the teacher the parent is concerned about.
In his capacity of teacher at Irmo High School, Mr. Arastu:
1. Required the students to create a pamphlet which would teach people about Islam.
2. Spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the “5 pillars of Islam”.
3. Had an “Orthodox Christian” priest speak to the class…who informed the students that all religions are based on Islam.
4. Told students that the United States is a Judeo-Christian-Muslim” nation…according to the beliefs of the founding fathers.
5. According to the student, Arastu is a passionate Muslim and is the sponsor of the school Muslim student group and was instrumental in having a portion of the school library set aside for Muslim students to pray each day. (There are no such accommodations for other faiths.)
So…we have a CAIR officer, sponsoring the school’s Muslim student group, bringing in speakers who falsely claim that the founding fathers desired the fledgling United States to be a “Judeo-Christian-Muslim nation”…requiring students to create Muslim pamphlets…learning about the five pillars of Islam…