The Truth About Muhammad reviewed at Blogcritics

MuhammadFront.jpg

A review by Marty Dodge at Blogcritics.org of my new book, The Truth About Muhammad:

Anyone who has a genuine interest in current affairs or, like me, studied international relations or has an interest in religion will probably be aware of much of the material in this book. However, it is clear by what is written in the mainstream media and what is said by politicians they have no clue about the true nature of the person that Muslims consider their prophet of Allah.

This book uses the words of Muhammed, the Koran, the Hadiths, and contempories to describe the man and his mission to spread the word of Allah to all. He clearly demonstrates his feelings towards Jews, Christians, and every other religion or lack thereof in the world. It is pretty bad for Jews for whom he has nary a good word, and not that great for Christians, but it’s either conversion or death for all those not of the book (they are not offered non-Muslim tax and limited rights under Islam). Muhammad has a bit of sympathy for people of the book who fail to recognise him as the Last Prophet; at least in the early days of his mission. It is not surprising that Jihadists take delight in killing Jews considering the actions of their prophet.

Now Spencer is charitable about the whole pedophilia charge against Muhammad, pointing out quite rightly that in a historical context the marrying of 5- and 6-year-old girls was common for the region and would not be seen as unusual. This does not mean that we should not view this and the other maltreatment of women (i.e. they have no rights, they are property, pre-puberty marriage, etc) as practiced in the Muslim world today as ghastly as it truly is. The Prophet made it clear that the penalty for apostasy (leaving Islam) is death, as it is for blasphemy.

This book should be required reading for all politicians, journalists, teachers, professors, and students, or anyone else who is trying to convince the rest of us that Islam is a religion of peace. It is clearly not, and the Prophet of Islam never meant it to be so.

It is no wonder that Robert Spencer is under constant guard and constantly under death threats. So why not at least reward the risk he takes with a read of his book?

This book is essential reading for anyone trying to understand what motivates Muslims, whether they are Islamists or just everyday believers.

Comments

Defense analysts and the intelligence community should be included in the “must read” category.

Hope this book becomes a monster hit!

Robert was being nice with the sub-title of:

“Founder of the World’s Most Intolerant Religion”

when it could have easily and justifiably been:

” Founder of the World’s Most Violent ‘Religion’ “

I started reading the book last night. My wife will read it next and I will pass it on to friends. I will attach a note on it that if it becomes unbound because of use to please call me and I will replace it with a new one.

Buy more than one copy. One to remain at home. One to be constantly, and permanently, leant out to those who need to read it and might not do so otherwise.

Reading the book is a must for anyone willing to learn the whole truth about Islam and his originator, I believe. It is another way to put pressure on the Jihadists and their religious and secular apologists. “Keep the pressure” said Wafa Sultan in a recent interview on Danish TV. It is imperative that we keep the pressure on and not back down, since it is the only way to reform the obscurantist religion. Let the word spreads, and it is good that it creates tension, because people will be willing to read it and at least learn from it.

I would like to see this book part of any Middle Eastern Study program at our Ivory towers, but will it?

Dear Robert,

Its impossible to order your book from my part of the world, Malaysia. Some are stressing to ban your book.

Would it be possible to buy a downloadable copy of the book. I think I represent many in Malaysia & other muslims countries where these books are impossible to find.

With kind regards,
    TJWork

Assalamau Laikum all,

Ofcourse I was against Robert writing this book. I think that there was already sufficient material on the net and Islamaic bookstores to know about the divine inspiration that Mohd. provides (at least to muslims).

Peoples say that he was illiterate, but that did not stop this never say die warrior and messenger of Allah from being a genius. It is not many who can say that they created a religion in one’s own lifetime.

Mohd. indeed is worthy of praise in this regard. Jews hell bent on distortion of facts paid a heavy price…I pray to Allah that Mr. Spencer will have no such price to pay.

As to the judgement of the book…Yes I will read it …but I need to get to the UK first..and then I’ll let you know…I’m afraid that I simply could not risk importing such blasphemy to Lahore.

Created a religion/cult in one’s own lifetime.
    Yep, and 1 billion morons bought into it. They say there’s a sucker born every minute(I think that’s a gross understatement). Jim Jones would have loved these fools.

Congrats and good luck Robert.

I have several of Robert’s books, and I basically agree with his thesis (theses?). However, recently I have read The History of the Arabs by Bernard Lewis (1950), and he makes the point that the invading Arabs after Muhammad’s death were greatly helped by the fact that many Jews and Christians hated their Byzantine overlords. I know that Robert’s religion is related to the Greek Orthodox church, and he has sympathy for the Byzantine empire. I don’t remember him stressing this point about Byzantine oppression in his books. Does he disagree?

I recieved my copy yesterday morning and couldn’t put it down. Superb! It is clear, informative and a must read.

Thank you Robert.

Hugh, I will buy another for exactly that purpose, I lent my copies of P.I.G and Eurabia to a senior police detective friend of mine who is heading a team to investigate the activities of various islamic organisations and operatives in Europe ( I wont mention which country).He has since lent them out further and bought copies for himself, he told me they have been invaluable in understanding the mindset of these people. I subsequently ordered new copies for myself.

Benjamin,

I respectfully disagree with Dr. Lewis on this. I address the idea that the Muslims were welcomed as liberators in Byzantine holdings in my book “The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades).”

Cordially
    Robert Spencer

This is a must read for all those who just can’t grasp the danger Islam poses to our world today.

Robert, I wish you another great success!

Mohammad…divine inspiration Naseem? The only people who get divine inspiration from him are religious schizophrenics and mental midgets. Mohammed was the first to be infested with the demon Allah and does not deserve ‘credit’, but ‘condemnation’, for founding ‘The Religion of Harm’.

Besides Naseem…divine inspiration comes only from Allah. To get it from Mohammad is idol worship and blasphemy, making ‘Mohammads divine inspiration’ idea apostacy. Make up your mind…do you get divine inspiration from God or a man???

Robert

Great job again on Lee Rodgers & Melanie Morgan this morning. Lee is your perfect host. Only one nitpick – while you are correct that Mehmet Ali Agha did his hit job on the Pope at the behest of the Soviets, the reason they hired him was because of his fanatical opposition to the Pope’s visit to Turkey, which he saw as an attempt to Christianize that country. This attempt was coverd by the Readers’ Digest in one of their cover stories in the 80’s.

You should ask to be back on there to review the Truth about Muhammad. I’ll let them know to have you on.

Naseem:

Alaikum salaam. While I disagree with you, especially your comment about Jews, you have prayed for mercy for your opponents and that counts for much. A gentle spirit as yours should be received gently, not with insults. Peace, TK.

Just a short note to let you know I ordered and have just received both the books – Politically Incorrect Guide + the new Mohammed book.

I look forward to reading them.

Send a couple gross copies to Frist. He and his Senate buddies should read this book. Everybody should. Should be required reading in all our secondary and higher institutions of learning. Would make an excellent textbook. (Fat chance o’ that with the kind of faculties we got at our colleges.)

Dear Robert,

What a valuable service you are performing for the whole of humanity – yes even to the followers of Muhammad.

My copies arrived in the mail yesterday. I look forward to sharing them – especially with select members of Congress; Frist comes to mind.

Second, please consider TJWork’s request to make it available for download to those whose souls hunger for truth and for whatever reason do not have access to it.

Best regards,

Morgan Malinois

Hello Naseem!

Are you sure that you’ll find blasphemy within Robert’s book, or will you find the truth? I recall some of your other posts, and I remember one statement in particular concerning Mohammad; that you were repulsed by him sleeping with young girls. Do you remember stating that?

Take care.

The title should read….”Founder of the worlds most intolerant “system of government”….as religion is it’s cover.

Robert-

I’m about a quarter into the book (just got it from Amazon) and marvel at the elegant, scholarly, sober TONE of the writing.

The writing (this is weird) reminds me of a quality translation of Classical Arabic writing!

Methinks Robert has read so much of the original material he has picked up, by osmosis, the ‘rhetoric’ and style in his own writing.

A Moslem ‘sitting on the fence’ who secretly reads in this will be ten times more likely to respond than if it were in the braying propagandistic style of most polemic.

Bravo! I personally find it well surpasses the P.I.G.

Well, I will have to read this book completely before I can pass judgement … but as a Muslim, I do not want to give monetary support to Mr. Spencer … I’ll have to borrow it from somewhere.

My other thought is that I have read the most exhaustive biography of the Prophet, written by Martin Lings … which contains many if not all of the so-called “uneasy” aspects that have been mentioned by Mr. Spencer … so what makes this book different?

Thirdly, I think everyone here will find this article about Ayesha (the Prophet’s wife) very interesting:

Naseem,

I just got Robert Spencer’s book last week and am about a quarter of the way in. I tend to read slowly because I want to really digest the text, rather than skim read.

Robert is utterly faithful in quoting the appropriate surah and hadith. He does not editorialize, but lets the facts speak for themselves. There is nothing “preachy” about his style. Non-Muslims have a right to know what is in these texts, as well as having access to a faithful historical reconstruction, as best can be achieved, of the life, words, and deeds of the Prophet. In our world, we are accustomed to having access to information for discussion and debate. If you cannot respect this process, that is your problem.

Islam and Muhammed sacralize things which we Christians, Jews, and atheists find incompatible with the values of our religions and culture. Still, Robert’s approach, by our standards, is scholarly and respectful. He does not whitewash and does not engage in hagiography.

The reactions of Muslims to this scholarly process is very revealing indeed. It is further illustration of the things we critique. The fact is that people like me reject Muhammed’s message because our experience of God, through Jesus of Nazareth, is quite incompatible with the kind of deity which Islam offers. Furthermore, your people are quite fortunate that we believe in the concept of religious freedom, something denied to us in your countries.

…I’m afraid that I simply could not risk importing such blasphemy to Lahore.
    by Naseem

Gee, Naseem, it’s a shame you don’t have free speech in Paki.

Naseem

I would like to let you know that I am starting to change my impression of you. At first I thought you were a hopeless lost person totally and blindly caught up in the cult of Islam. Now I detect you may be a person who has a mind that is open enough to venture out and perhaps learn other things that would be a benefit. I encourage you pursue this with resoluteness. After all it is your education and knowledge that is important for your well being. Having said that I would like to make an observation regarding one sentence of your post;

“Peoples say that he was illiterate, but that did not stop this never say die warrior and messenger of Allah from being a genius.”

As you well know there are people who are a genius in various fields such as literature, science, economics, military – the list goes on. However there are those who devote their life to activities that are not beneficial such as thieves, killers, lying frauds, greedies – the list goes on. Don’t forget these criminals are a genius at what they do. So, by all means open your mind and learn all you can. I whish you well.

Robert,

Being a person with limited income, I will set a goal to acquire all of your books. I thank you for all your hard work.

On Mohammads sexual abuse of children…

I pointed on a prior thread that while we chide Mohammad for having sex with s 7/9 year old, the age of concent in G Washingtons time was ten years old.
    Possibly this was the social norm in Mohammads time as it was in Washingtons.
    However, if you lay a naked, beautiful, ten year girl old next to a naked, beautiful, twenty three year old woman, and you choose the ten year old, you are a sexual pervert, a deviate, and child molester. It matters little if you are Washington (I dont know that Washiungton abused any children) or Mohammad.
    Mohammad had this choice and he chose the ten year old. She was his favorite wife and said he had his best revelations from Allah while in bed with her.
    This makes him a perverted deviant, and child molester no matter how you cut it. There are undoubtably many more such characters, but none of them founded a religion…

Plan on buying the book.Hopefully it will make it on the New York Times Best Seller List.Keep up the fight Robert and godspeed.

Naseem,

Peace and victory to the civilized peoples.

Please stay at home. We do not want you in the UK. There are far too many of your relatives here already.

If you want the book, give one of them a call on your (Western) mobile phone, and get them to send you a copy.

Ayesha ‘speaks’ in the hadiths and maybe in the koran

she tells how she lost her hair when she first came to mohammad,common with child victims of sexual abuse

(all adult sexual acts with children are an assault and abuse)

A worthwhile question to ask is: why do so many Muslim countries today have a fairly old age of consent (Egypt’s, for example, is 18)? This question becomes: why do the governments of so many Muslim countries today not follow Sharia?

Understanding Islam through Hadis – Religious Faith or Fanaticism,

This book was written in 1980, by Ram Swarup, the guru of Sita Ram Goel

This book is banned in India thanks to muslim rioting
    This book pretty much covers the same details as Robert Spencers book

Excerpt from the introduction
    “To the infidel with his critical faculty still intact, the HadIs is a collection of stories, rather unedifying, about a man, rather all too human. But the Muslim mind has been taught to look at them in a different frame of mind. The believers have handled, narrated, and read them with a feeling of awe and worship”

Robert!
    You are doing a great service to the mankind. May God give you the strength to continue the battle for many many more years to come and to inspire many others to join the battle!

Now, coming to Naseem, I agree that this Muslim lady doesn’t seem to have a closed mind and that at some point of time she might change her views about her religion.

Naseem! I want you ask you just one question. When one does not know what happens to anyone after he or she dies, how can people stupidly believe that there is paradise waiting for you, if you kill people belonging to other religions? Where is the proof for such a thing? I will convert myself to Islam if anyone gives me proof for whatever is claimed in Koran.

If people say Islam is a religon of peace, why do we see on the news that they bomb up buildings and have violent protests. I know not all followers are not like that, they are the opposite e.g- gentle and kind but why??

“If there is on bad apple in the barrel, then all of the apples in the barrels are bad”

That is how people jugde the Islamic nation.

“Jews…paid a heavy price. I pray to Allah that Mr. Spencer will have no such price to pay.”

Naseem,
    I am heartened that you do not want Mr. Spencer tortured and killed. If you have an aversion to harming others (do you?), it would seem to me you would seriously question your Islamic faith. The main tenet of Christianity is to love your neighbor as yourself. If you would not like to be tortured, then don’t torture others (or desire their torture.) If you like to be able to think and believe out loud, then allow others to think and believe out loud. I am also heartened that you plan to read Robert’s book and brave the rage of your fellow Islamists, by having a forbidden book. We all need the freedom to make our own decisions.

I just got the book along with “The Myth of Islamic Tolerance” and “The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam” by Robert Spencer. Look forward to reading them once I finish a book entitled the “Works of Josephus” by Flavius Josephus and “In Mortal Danger” by Congressman Tom Tancredo.

Wanted to share this:

Great 4-part video produced by the LEFT…yes the LEFT!!!!!

David Aaronovitch: No Excuses For Terror. Who is really responsible for the suicide bombers that target us? Is it the fault of George Bush or Tony Blair? Are we all somehow to blame? David Aaronovitch, journalist and commentator, has had enough of this argument. He asks how we’ve got to the point where British Socialists support Islamofascist Terrorism. Aaronovitch explains where the left have gone wrong on Israel, Palestine, the War in Iraq and the War on Terror.