Whereas genocide – the murder, or plan to murder, an entire people – is a crime against all humanity;
Whereas genocide is a crime that has metastasized in the modern era, leading to the murders of millions of Armenians, Cambodians, Tutsis, Sudanese, Bosnian Muslims and others;
Whereas the largest and most devastating genocide on record is the Holocaust of European Jews;
Whereas a new genocide of the Jews is being called for by Islamic leaders in the Middle East;
Whereas global forces are being mobilized by the Iranian regime to eliminate the Jewish state;
Whereas the genocide of the Jews is called for in texts understood by some Muslims as authoritative and echoes through sermons in some mosques today, and is proclaimed by certain leaders of the Islamic religion;
Whereas Catholicism and other Christian denominations have condemned the Holocaust and repudiated anti-Jewish pronouncements that have stained their religious past;
We call on all Student Governments and campus Muslim groups to:
1. Condemn and repudiate the Hadith which reads: "The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time [of judgment] will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews and kill them; until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!" Sahih Muslim book 41, no. 6985
2. Condemn and repudiate the Hamas Charter which says: “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it”
3. Condemn Ahmadinejad who has said “The accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible."
4. Condemn Hezbollah and its leader Hassan Nasrallah who has said:
"The Jews are a cancer which is liable to spread again at any moment."
"There is no solution to the conflict except with the disappearance of Israel."
“If they all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”
* The right of all people to live in freedom and dignity
* The freedom of the individual conscience: to change religions or have no religion at all
* The equal dignity of women and men
* The right of all people to live free from violence, intimidation, and coercion
We call upon all campus political, cultural, ethnic and religious groups to stand with us in opposing all forms of religious supremacism, violence and intimidation.
Sign the Declaration here.