25 dead in Nigeria church bombings

The intrepid mujahedin, keeping the world safe from tidings of comfort and joy. “Explosions Rip Through Churches in Nigeria,” from the New York Times, December 25:

A series of explosions were reported Sunday across Nigeria, including one at a Catholic Church near the capital that killed at least 25 people, Nigerian authorities said. A radical Muslim sect, Boko Haram, has claimed responsibility.

At least three of the five explosions appeared to target churches during Christmas services, according to media reports. One explosion struck St. Theresa Catholic Church in Madalla, a town about 25 miles north and west of the capital, Abuja.

Rescue workers there recovered at least 25 bodies and officials continued to tally the wounded in various hospitals, said Slaku Luguard, a coordinator with the National Emergency Management Agency.

His agency has acknowledged it did not have enough ambulances immediately on hand to help the wounded. Mr. Luguard also said an angry crowd that gathered at the blast site hampered rescue efforts as they refused to allow workers inside.

“We”re trying to calm the situation,” he said. “There are some angry people around trying to cause problems.”

Witnesses said that St. Theresa’s Church was filled for the Christmas service when the bomb exploded.

“Mass just ended and people were rushing out of the church and suddenly I heard a loud sound “˜gbam”. Cars were in flames and bodies littered everywhere,” Nnana Nwachukwu told Reuters.

Timothy Onyekwere told Reuters that he was in the church with his family when the bomb exploded.

“I just ran out. Now I don’t even know where my children or my wife are,” Mr. Onyekwere said. “I don’t know how many were killed but there were many dead.”

Some said the blast was inside and others thought it came from just outside the church.

A Reuters reporter at the blast site said that the church’s front roof had been destroyed in the blast, as had several houses near it. Five burnt out cars were still smoldering.

A Boko Haram spokesman, who identified himself as Abu Qaqa, claimed responsibility for the attacks in statements to the media. In the last year, Boko Haram has carried out increasingly bloody attacks in its campaign to install strict Shariah or Muslim law across Nigeria, killing at least 491. The same group also claimed responsibility for a series of Christmas Eve bombings a year ago in the northeast city of Jos that left at least 32 dead and 74 wounded.

A second explosion on Sunday struck near the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church in Jos, a government spokesman, Pam Ayuba, said. Mr. Ayuba said gunmen later opened fire on police officers guarding the area, killing one officer. Two other bombs were found in a nearby building and disarmed, he said….

Nigerian government unable, unwilling to stop Boko Haram jihadists
Nigeria: Three churches "reduced to rubble," pastor and child killed in latest Boko Haram rampage

Comments

Holy Ko-Ran is for some reason negatronic on the Christmas thing.
    This ain’t an Arab Spring, nor a black African winter; it’s Moslem activism. Lo!
    Splinter groups, insurgent troops, fundamentalists none of that matters, oh no.
    What matters is their thinking, and just what political roadmap they’re using,
    As they think about right & wrong, riding in a Jeep to a bombing they’re cruising.
    – the Holy Prophet APF

The target is clear: Christians so all Christians are potential targets and do not think that the bombings cannot come in North America in our churches!!! The death cult is getting bolder and it has to stop!!! Politicians when are you going to wake up? We need another Winston Churchill.

“For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.” (Matthew 16:25-27)

I don’t recall ever seeing (and feeling) America being this pushed around. November 2012 can’t come soon enough. And even then the future looks bleak. Is there not a single testical amongst the traitors in the White House? It’s almost unreal.
    Someone pinch me.

God Bless America!

Pope wants to talk about consumerism instead of this nasty stuff. Even Fr. Jonathan Morris on Fox News addressed consumerism today. The interview was live. No mention of the slaughter in Nigeria during the interview.

I like to express my sadness, sorrows and sorryies for the latest killing of Christians innocents….what Can I say …what any one can say to what has been happening all over the world …Human lives are not important any more but some still pride them selves to be so advanced,so sophisticated and they still act like stone age savages.

These Muslim who did the bombing do not want the world to have one moment of happiness in their Holiday and prayers in their churches….they are not happy so they want the world to be so too …I just came from place where killing a man is as easy as killing a rat and that is Muslim on Muslim so what about Muslim on Christian …the only way to deal with it is to be numb …I am so sorry

I am just shacking my head in disgust

There’s only one thing that will save Christians from the deprivations of Boko Haram – and that is guns, guns and more guns, and the Boer farmer’s ability to use them.

“Christmas Bombings”

by ‘sheikyermami’, on December 25, 2011

[excerpt]:

“If it’s Christmas, then Muslims are slaughtering, oppressing or persecuting Christians. Every year like clockwork. The Muslim group, Boko Haram, whose name means ‘Western education is sacrilege,’ is claiming responsibility for the latest series of firebombings and attacks.

“The media calls these Islamic attacks ‘clashes.’ Defense against jihad is a ‘clash.’ Subjugated tools.”

My deepest sympathy for those killed and injured, however I cannot get past the following quote: “I just ran out. Now I don’t even know where my children or my wife are,” Mr. Onyekwere said.

How could a man abandon his family like that? How could he just run away from them? How could ANY adult abandon their spouse and children so easily & willingly after such a horrendous crime?????

Being an Infidel takes courage, no doubt about it! Still, as a woman, I would seriously re-think my commitment to stay married to a man that would run away from the children and me, just when we needed him the most.

This evening’s east coast feed of the CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News on this atrocity as follows-

CBS ended their report with something like “…a new round of muslim-Christian violence may be in the offing…” I think the anchorman was doing the voiceover. I didn’t expect much since the A Team at CBS is usually off today.

NBC’s Africa reporter, Rohit Kachroo (never heard of him)was very different. His voice was grim and and tinged with disgust. English accent I think. He hit all the right spots, even saying the desire to impose Sharia law was at the root of it. You folks in California check out the west coast feed on NBC news later on.

In addition to these horrific Church bombings, Muslims detonated two bombs at a market in Jos on Christmas Eve where patrons were Christmas shopping.

Another blast occurred in a predominantly Christian neighborhood in that same city.

After this past weekend’s violence, Boko Haram threatened more attacks on “disbelievers” and “their allies”, according to The Associated Press.

It gets me very “worked up” too. It’s been happening on and off for 1400 years and nobody has taken any step to combat it… pretty upsetting.

Quote: “I don’t recall ever seeing (and feeling) America being this pushed around. November 2012 can’t come soon enough.”

Can you explain to me what the detonation of bombs in Nigerian churches has to do with America being “pushed around”? Much less, with your elections? Are you so myopic that even an atrocity as devastating as this can only be parsed through your narrow, self-centred view of the world? Is this really the forum for local electioneering or political point scoring?

Some of us aren’t Americans and this is a problem that faces us all. Islam wants to see all non-Muslims – ALL of us – Christians and Jews in particular – expunged from the world in as bloodthirsty a manner as possible and you dare to come on here with your petty partisan nonsense?

I am appalled.

The holding up of a racist, apartheid symbol, (the Boer farmer armed with a gun) by Spirit of 1683 is hardly an apt one in light of what has just happened, and where.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here but my ire is up. Firstly by the atrocious cruelty of this premeditated mass murder and secondly by the inanity of some of the comments on this forum.

Jihadwatch used to be an admirable forum for the expression of reasoned responses to the threat we face. What happened?

Perhaps it’s a condition of free, internet-based discourse that we must also sometimes expect the vacuous.

I despair sometimes.

Doofus. When it comes to Nigerian Christians acquiring marksmanship skills, the Boer farmer isn’t a bad example. Nobody ever said they should be like Boers in anything other than their ability to use guns, as over 28,000 British troops discovered between 1899-1902. So get a life, cretin.

And in addition, you’re more infuriated by the reasoned responses to this atrocity than the atrocity yourself. Let nobody be in any doubt that you’re certainly not on the side of the victims. In fact, you’re an Islamofascist-sympathising troll.

And in addition, you’re more infuriated by the reasoned responses to this atrocity than the atrocity itself. Let nobody be in any doubt that you’re certainly not on the side of the victims. In fact, you’re an Islamofascist-sympathising troll.

You begin with “doofus” and end with “Islamofascist-symapathising troll” with “cretin” in the middle. Nice. All because I took exception your holding up the Boer farmer as an example to be admired. And in Africa of all places, where they are reviled, not least for their propensity to use their guns on the native population.

Your characterisation of me is way off, but, in the final analysis, all of this is all irrelevant because Nigerian Christians – like those in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Iran and elsewhere – need our real support, not specious rantings that have no chance whatever of ever being put into practice. I would urge you to lend your financial support and political leverage as a voting citizen, as I and many others have, to help the besieged Christians in the Middle East withstand the Islamic onslaught that threatens their very survival.

Tough talk behind a keyboard is easy, requires no sacrifice, and helps no-one.

You have no way of knowing , unless you are told, what any poster here may be doing outside of cyberspace. Many here may choose not to be specific about what exactly they are doing ‘on the ground’, because they do not want the Enemy – who eavesdrops here all the time, and sometimes leaps into the open, spitting and hissing – to know. ‘Loose lips sink ships’ and all that.

Most of us are not in influential positions nor have much in the way of monetary resources, but we each do our little bit.

I, for example, donate to the Barnabas Fund. I write letters to politicians. I do my best to raise awareness about the meaning and menace of Islam, and the sufferings of persecuted non-Muslim minorities within Muslim lands, among the people in my social circle at church and elsewhere. I encourage people to read Spencer’s books and books by others such as Patrick Sookhdeo and Mark Durie. When there was a nasty “let’s hate the Jooz” rally of Useful Idiots and Jew-haters outside the Max Brenner chocolate shop, I went along to buy hot chocolate – thus defying the ‘protesters” call for a boycott of Jewish/ Israeli business – and also to join the counter-protest; quite a few others here have done that sort of thing from time to time, as opportunity has presented, or have even *organised* such action.

In 2012 I intend to formally join and support the Q Society, a fledgling resistance movement that is getting under way in Australia.

That’s me – a middle-aged matron in Australian suburbia. Others here with greater resources and opportunities are doing much, much more, I am quite sure. But they don’t have to talk about it if they choose not to.

(Lots of folks here also prefer not to blow their own trumpets).

So they should just acceptpersecution then. Thank God not everyone in Occupied Europe thought like you 70 years ago, otherwise nobody would have become a Resistance fighter, and the Germans would probably have won the war. The wartime Resistance in France was worth 15 Allied divisions alone according to Eisenhower, whilst those in Eastern Europe and Yugoslavia would have probably been worth 30 or more divisions. Those 45+ ‘divisions’ probably took out 500,000 – 1 million Germans and their allies. Resistance is not futile, passivity is. Our ‘real support’ counts for little when they lack the means to turn the tables around on their persecutors. Words did nothing for Europe’s Jews back then and didn’t save one extra Jew from the gas chambers. Action destroyed the Jews persecutors.

So they should just accept persecution then. Thank God not everyone in Occupied Europe thought like you 70 years ago, otherwise nobody would have become a Resistance fighter, and the Germans would probably have won the war. The wartime Resistance in France was worth 15 Allied divisions alone according to Eisenhower, whilst those in Eastern Europe and Yugoslavia would have probably been worth 30 or more divisions. Those 45+ ‘divisions’ probably took out 500,000 – 1 million Germans and their allies. Resistance is not futile, passivity is. Our ‘real support’ counts for little when they lack the means to turn the tables around on their persecutors. Words did nothing for Europe’s Jews back then and didn’t save one extra Jew from the gas chambers. Action destroyed the Jews persecutors. And doofus is a pretty apt description for you.

I salute you dumbledoresarmy.

My dispute with Spirit of 1683 was over his gratuitous invocation of Boers in an African context. For some of us who have a direct stake in what happens in Africa, that is as provocative as invoking the Klan or the SS for Jews. An extreme reaction perhaps, but that’s the history.

Moreover, I am heartened by the fact that the Kenyan government are receiving intelligence and anti-insurgent advice from the Israelis. East Africa where I have relatives is right on the front line. Similar atrocities are being committed there of course as we all know.

Vitamins wrote, replying to EZ Rider:

…………………………

EZ Rider already mentioned that he was accidentally responding to the previous thread, Vitamins. He was *not* being insensitive or self-centered here.