Islamic honor killing in Texas: “Santa” who murdered family on Christmas morning was Muslim who didn’t like his daughter dating a non-Muslim

Aziz Yazdanpanah, a Muslim, didn’t like his daughter’s non-Muslim boyfriend and was exhibiting stalker behavior. “She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion.”

Again and again we have seen honor killings in which fathers kill daughters who are dating non-Muslims or have supposedly besmirched the family honor by some sexual indiscretion. Lt. Todd Dearing says that motive isn’t important — which is generally only the case when Islam is involved.

“Neighbors horrified at news of family”s slayings in Grapevine,” by Gloria Salinas and Scott Goldstein for the Dallas Morning News, December 26 (thanks to Steve):

GRAPEVINE “” Aziz Yazdanpanah seemed to be losing control of his life in recent months “” his wife left him, his house was in foreclosure, and his 19-year-old daughter was dating a young man he didn’t like.

Even so, the 58-year-old former real estate agent from Colleyville seemed to be holding it together. Neighbors say he would smile and wave as he drove through his middle-class neighborhood. Recently, he was seen raking leaves in his yard.

“He was very friendly, a very good neighbor,” said Carrie Stewart, who lives across the street. “He was out here often doing yard work and he even watched our house for us when we went to Colorado.”

A decent fellow indeed.

Yazdanpanah, a volunteer high school debate coach described as a doting father, is the focus of suspicion a day after a Christmas morning massacre in which a man dressed as Santa Claus killed six relatives and then committed suicide.

Grapevine police arrived at the Lincoln Vineyard Apartment Homes a few minutes before noon and discovered bodies sprawled among opened presents and wrapping paper. The victims were ages 15 to 58….

Citing public records and interviews with friends and neighbors, media reports Monday identified Yazdanpanah and others who had died: his estranged 55-year-old wife, Fatemeh Rahmati, their 19-year-old daughter, Nona Narges Yazdanpanah, and 15-year-old son, Ali Yazdanpanah.

Friends of the family said Fatemeh Rahmati’s 58-year-old sister, Zohreh Rahmaty, and her husband, Hossein Zarei, 59, and daughter Sahra Zarei, a 22-year-old pre-med student at the University of Texas at Arlington, also were killed.

Grapevine police Lt. Todd Dearing said investigators were working to piece together a timeline of the murders, but they may never know exactly what set off the gunman.

“Motive is not really the primary point right now,” Dearing said. “It’s more along the lines of what happened, how it transpired and making sure that who we believe to be the shooter is the shooter. Motive is what comes afterward for us if we can get it.”

He said a neighbor at the apartment complex saw the suspected shooter get out of his white sport utility vehicle dressed in a Santa outfit, including a full coat, pants, boots and belt. Based in part on that witness account, police believe the shootings occurred about the time a 911 call rang into the station at 11:34 a.m. Sunday.

The line was silent….

Grapevine police also searched the Colleyville home where Aziz Yazdanpanah had been living since he separated from his wife last spring. Public records show that the couple had filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and that the property was in foreclosure….

Yazdanpanah said he bought a gun after expressing concern that his daughter’s boyfriend was stalking him. He also insisted on picking up his daughter from her job at a phone kiosk inside Sam’s Club in Grapevine because of concerns about the alleged stalker.

The boyfriend has not been publicly identified.

Neighbors said the family was Muslim but had always hung Christmas lights on their home “” except this year.

Terri Baum, who lives three homes down from Yazdanpanah, said she had seen him around the neighborhood in the last couple of weeks.

“They were pretty quiet, but kind, very kind,” Baum said. “They were sweet, good parents, and they loved their kids very much.”

Baum’s daughter, Allison, attended Colleyville Heritage High School with Nona, where the girls were part of an academic team focused on developing business leaders. They graduated together in May.

“Allison would take her to school from here, and then when they moved out she would pick her up from the apartments,” Baum said. “It’s unbelievable because of the people we knew them to be, and their children were good kids, very focused.”

Baum said she was horrified at the possibility the killings had been a murder-suicide.

“All I want to say is, it is so unbelievably shocking because they loved their kids,” Baum said.

Yes, loved them to death.

But a more ominous portrait emerged of Yazdanpanah in interviews with some of his daughter’s other classmates.

“She would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy,” said Lacie Reed, 18. “He wouldn’t let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages.”

Friends said Nona’s father had installed cameras all around the home so he could watch the family”s comings and goings. Others said he nailed her bedroom window shut so she could not sneak out at night and see her boyfriend.

“She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion,” Reed said.

Yiselle Alvarenga, 18, said Nona’s mother and brother seemed to come to her aid when her father punished her.

“He would take her phone away and her mother would give it back to her and her brother would let her use his phone,” Alvarenga said. “She was doing good. She was just excited that her life was going to start and she was going to have control of it.”…

Pakistan: Separate graveyard for honor killing victims
Sri Lanka: Daughter killed in "a Muslim extremist style killing" for dating someone from another religion
FacebookTwitterLinkedInDiggBlogger PostDeliciousEmailPinterestRedditStumbleUponPrint

Comments

  1. says

    Islamic honor killing in Texas: “Santa” who murdered family on Christmas morning was Muslim who didn’t like his daughter dating a non-Muslim.

    Kicking off Christmastide with Ho-Pro-Mo & Allah at his side.
    So Santa is a murderer? Shouldn’t be surprised, now that Xmas is Islamicized,
    “Ho! Ho! Ho! You ho!” Leveling his peacemaker at the tramp, a twinkle in his eyes.
    It wuz the mortgage meltdown that drove him crazy, true, but still had his faith,
    In the Holy Scriptures and in Ho-Pro-Mo; faith left living in a killer’s fey wraith.
    – the Holy Prophet APF

  2. says

    OT: Peter King just did a live interview with CNN re the police shooting of the crazy lady in GA. The news hostess was rattled by his responses. He said anti-semitism was 9 times worse than anti-Islam incidents. Blamed P.C. I’m sure this will be posted later on you tube or somewhere. Classic.

  3. says

    Thank you for posting the whole article Robert. I couldn’t see the whole article because I would’ve had to get a subscription. When this story first came out I immediately thought to myself it sounds like a muslim “honor” (gross misuse of the word) killing because they were celebrating Christmas. This just does not happen in normal families. And then I said to myself, well, don’t jump to conclusions, let’s wait and see what other details finally come out. And LO AND BEHOLD, look what we have here. Then I did a search on the internet to see if I could find any other story mentioning that there were muslims involved…I found nothing. I blame the lame stream media and our ignorant politicians for America just letting herself be invaded by these SAVAGES. I can’t believe I’m living to see this happen. WHEN WILL WE CLOSE THE BORDERS TO MUSLIM IMMIGRATION???????

  4. says

    And he imagined that, now that he has killed that many people, he has “cleansed” a “stain” and now others are going to talk about him as being more “honorable”? Is there something wrong with me that I don’t get this line of thinking?

  5. says

    I guess I’ve become really jaded from reading about events like this time and again, but the one thing in the article that struck me as anomalous was this sentence:

    “He would take her phone away and her mother would give it back to her and her brother would let her use his phone”

    In so many of these cases (e.g., Amina and Sarah), the brother is an accomplice of the father in repressing the rights of the family females. Here, he actually seems sympathetic to his sister.

    The other unusual thing was that the father committed suicide after perpetrating his mayhem. This is atypical of Muslim honor killings.

    As the background unfolds over the ensuing days, it’ll be interesting to find out the extent of the father’s religiosity.

  6. says

    I wish I could express myself as well as some of you truly extraordinary posters. This is the best I can do to both vent so I can process this savagery without wanting to go berserk, and to alleviate my mental outrage.

    And, at the risk of appearing maudlin, every time I read these stories I think . . .

    I’m a dad. I am blessed to have a grown son and a daughter. I love them the same. I could care less about agitating provocation from PC feminists – I have, since both their births felt more protective of my daughter. I admit – psychotically so. So far I’ve not had to invoke repercussions on any offender.

    So, every time these SOBs murder their children and others I find myself intensely sympathizing with these poor children. At the same time I scratch my head silly when I (we all), never read the word “Islam’ in any of this savagery.
    /end rant.

    WE ARE AT WAR!

  7. says

    Perhaps Mr. Yazdanpanah was suffering from the terrible disease known as “SUDDEN JIHAD SYNDROME” though I doubt an autopsy will be be of any help. If he was a faithful muslim the demons probably summoned him to butcher his family for rebelling against Allah.

  8. says

    The West is anlog, Islam is digital.
    According to neighbors, he apparently loved his daughter and then he killed her. In islam, there is nothing between zero and one.

  9. says

    This posting is intended for any schoolfriends/ schoolmates/ classmates and teachers of the two murdered girls – Nona Narges Yazdanpanah, and her cousin “Sahra Zarei, a 22-year-old pre-med student at the University of Texas at Arlington” who, googling around in the wake of this appalling mass-murder, may happen to find their way in here.

    You have some homework to do. When you have done it you should understand exactly why these people – in particular, the two independent-minded girls – were murdered. I would guess that the rest of the people who were killed were killed because they were perceived as being in some sense ‘accomplices’, aiding and abetting the unislamic conduct of the two girls.

    Here are a few short articles. They’re not difficult to read. The first is by a man called ‘Spengler’ and he is talking about the way the Muslim world-view works.

    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LE25Ak01.html

    Wife-beating, sharia, and Western law

    Here is an important passage from that article:

    “The practice of wife-beating, which is found in Muslim communities in Western countries, is embedded too profoundly in sharia law to be extracted.

    “Nowhere to my knowledge has a Muslim religious authority of standing repudiated wife-beating as specified in Surah 4:32 of the Koran, for to do so would undermine the foundations of Muslim society.

    “**By extension, the power of the little sovereign of the family can include the killing of wayward wives and female relations.** {my emphasis – dda}

    “Execution for domestic crimes, often called “honor killing”, is not mentioned in the Koran, but the practice is so widespread in Muslim countries – the United Nations Population Fund estimates an annual toll of 5,000 – that it is recognized in what we might term Islamic common law.

    “Muslim courts either do not prosecute so-called honor killings, or prosecute them more leniently than other crimes. Article 340 of Jordan’s penal code states, “He who discovers his wife or one of his female relatives committing adultery and kills, wounds, or injures one of them, is exempted from any penalty.” Syria imposes only a two-year prison sentence for such killings. Pakistan forbids them but rarely punishes them. “..END QUOTE.

    And that is pretty much the case in all other Islamic countries, including Egypt.

    The second article for you to read is from a British newspaper.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/11/british-girl-of-10-kept-in-saudi-hell-hole-for-11-years-by-her-dad-115875-22176525/

    It tells the story of a girl, daughter of a marriage between a Saudi Muslim man and a British non-Muslim woman, who was abducted to Saudi Arabia by her father, and kept there for years; and abused. She did, very luckily, manage to escape in the end. But here is something that happened while she was still in Saudi Arabia.

    “When I turned 11 I was made to start ­wearing a head scarf and couldn’t leave the house without my father’s ­permission. I had no friends and wasn’t allowed to play outside. Dad was very controlling and ­verbally abusive and expected me to do all the housekeeping. He wouldn’t even have mum’s name mentioned. He kept telling me she didn’t love me.”…

    “By 2002 when Hana was 14 she was so desperate she went to the Saudi police for help…but was sent back to her father.

    “She says: “I told them he was keeping me there against my will **and all they said was, “He’s your father, if he wants he can kill you’.** [my emphasis – dda].

    ” When I got home dad locked me in my ­bedroom, pinned me to the floor and cut off my hair and then set fire to it. He left me practically bald. He took me out of school and I felt even more cut off. He had a terrible temper and I was very frightened of him. He would beat me if I didn’t do what he said.” END QUOTE.

    Did you see that, everyone? Would a policeman in any western country tell a 14 year old girl – who was fleeing an abusive father, and asking for help – that “He’s your father, if he wants to he can kill you”??? But that’s what the police in Saudi Arabia tell a teenage victim of parental abuse. **A father has the right to kill his teenage daughter**.

    Thirdly, a few articles on honor murder, and what differentiates them from the sorts of murders and ‘crimes of passion’ that occur in ‘western’/ non-Muslim families, by Jewish American feminist scholar Phyllis Chesler. (Don’t be put off by the fact that these are ‘academic’ articles. She writes well and clearly, and after you have read it, you will understand what has happened to your friends and classmates, Nona and Sahra, and why).

    http://www.meforum.org/2067/are-honor-killings-simply-domestic-violence

    Are Honor Killings Simply Domestic Violence?

    by Phyllis Chesler
    Middle East Quarterly
    Spring 2009, pp. 61-69

    http://www.meforum.org/2646/worldwide-trends-in-honor-killings
    Worldwide Trends in Honor Killings
    by Phyllis Chesler
Middle East Quarterly
Spring 2010, pp. 3-11

    “They [‘honor’ murders] differ from plain and psychopathic homicides, serial killings, crimes of passion, revenge killings, and domestic violence.

    “Their motivation is different and based on codes of morality and behavior that typify some cultures, often reinforced by fundamentalist religious dictates.”…

    http://pajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2010/05/09/worldwide-trends-in-honor-killings/
    y 9th, 2010 5:18 am
    Are Honor Killings Domestic Terrorism?

    Now for some books that you will find helpful.

    First up: Ayaan Hirsi Ali, ‘Infidel’, ‘Nomad’ and a book of essays called “The Caged Virgin”. Very easy to read and it will give you some background about the way that Muslim families routinely treat women. Also, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and a Dutchman called Theo Van Gogh made a short film called ‘Submission’. You can find it on the internet if you persevere. Once you find it, download it and watch it several times over.

    In ‘Infidel’, by the way, Ayaan, who is an apostate from Islam, describes something she had done when she was in the Dutch parliament. She asked the Dutch police to record all cases of murders of girls by family members (usually fathers) that took place in Islamic families in Holland a particular police district, during a given period of time. There turned out to be a very great many of them…

    There are two other books by ladies who used to be Muslims. One is a book about the law of Islam, sharia, by an Egyptian, Nonie Darwish (she is now a Christian). It is called “Cruel and Usual Punishment”. It has a long section about how marriage and family are managed under sharia. The man has total control. The woman – whether wife or daughter – is a chattel, an object, a virtual slave. The other book is by a lady from Syria, who used to be a Muslim and is now an atheist. Her name is Wafa Sultan and her book is called ‘A God who Hates’. The ‘god who hates’ is the Islamic ‘allah’. She saw many, many cases of Islamically-sanctioned abuse of women and girls, in her work as a medical doctor in Syria. She came to the conclusion that ‘allah hates women’.

    And then there is a book by an Englishwoman who is married to an ex-Muslim, Patrick Sookhdeo. Rosemary Sookhdeo did a university degree in which she interviewed many Muslim women in Britain. She wanted to know what their lives were like, and how Islam influenced their lives. Her study became a book – ‘Secrets Behind the Burqa’. It’s very You can buy it online from the ‘Barnabas Fund’ website – it isn’t expensive, and it covers all the issues. She discusses ‘honor’ killing in the third chapter ‘Understanding the Concept of ‘Honor’ and ‘Shame’.

  10. says

    I saw the headline to this story in a news item yesterday, and wondered then if there was a Moslem connection. But the story did not then give any names, and something about it –maybe it mentioned the Christmas presents — led me to think it was not Moslem-related. Now I find my initial suspicion was right.

  11. says

    This story shows why there are so few “moderate” Moslems or at least so few willing to identify themselves as moderate: the other Moslems kill them.
    This story — and others about American Moslem daughters killed by fathers or brothers — must make every American Moslem girl, no matter how “assimilated” or “moderate” the family, wonder if her own father would kill her for stepping beyond a certain limit. This example will keep hundreds of other girls “in line.”

  12. says

    You better watch out,
    You better not try,
    Better not talk to an infidel guy,
    Santa Claus is coming to town.

    He knows where you’ve been sleeping,
    He knows what course to take
    He knows if you bring disrespect
    Your life is his to take.

    Better watch out
    Better not cry,
    Honor’s restored only when you die
    Santa Claus is coming to town.

  13. says

    “Motive is not really the primary point right now,” Dearing said.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Yes, liutenant, let us know when you get around to determining a motive. Perchance did some of the victims shoot themselves multiple times? There was a Florida Muslim woman who killed herself by repeatedly diving head-on into a table. Could happen.

    And that dust up at Ft. Hood was “an unfortunate incident of workplace violence.”

    Good Lord, there are so many dots to connect the pages are completely blackened.

  14. says

    I never thought it was islamic related. The honor killing footprints all over the story when you read about the facts. The PC crowed sucks, period.

  15. says

    Horrible. Just HORRIBLE.

    I saw a news cast too where the Latino guy was afraid for his children. I NEVER thought this was an “honor” killing because of how the media is skewed to keep it under wraps!!

    Here’s a link to pictures of the families:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079034/Christmas-Day-shootings-First-pictures-Texas-family-gunned-Aziz-Yazdanpanah-Santa-suit.html

    The “Dailymail” ALSO does not mention the islamic angle or that it is an honor killing.

    Thank you JihadWatch for always keeping the news REAL!!!!

  16. says

    These Muslims cannot be called human beings!! Following that monster Mo/allah, they become a monster like him and they proudly display their allegiance to that monster. There is no other word to describe them, monster comes fairly close – some may call them beasts but I think beasts have better ethics then them.

  17. says

    We are in a war of information in this country. How can we find out about what is going on if our media is reluctant, unwilling and full of plain cowards not disclosing the truth when it comes to ISLAM? Few freedom fighters like JW can not disclose everything about this sick, disgusting, pervert “RELIGION of PEACE” when even my friends and family are unwilling to listen to anything I have say about ISLAM. Thanks again to Pamela and Robert. We have a long way to go until we educate the public about this disease called ISLAM.

  18. says

    There is a further point to note about this story.

    *Nobody* would have superficially pegged this family for the kind of Muslim family in which the father would kill everyone – even himself – just because he suspected or feared that his daughter was romantically interested – thus contravening Sharia – in a non-Muslim boy.

    From the article – “Neighbors say he would smile and wave as he drove through his middle-class neighborhood. Recently, he was seen raking leaves in his yard.

    “He was very friendly, a very good neighbor,” said Carrie Stewart, who lives across the street. “He was out here often doing yard work and he even watched our house for us when we went to Colorado.”‘

    “Neighbors said the family was Muslim but had always hung Christmas lights on their home ” except this year.”

    And another neighbour, vowing and declaring that they were such wonderful people –

    “They were pretty quiet, but kind, very kind,” Baum said. “They were sweet, good parents, and they loved their kids very much.”

    ‘Baum’s daughter, Allison, attended Colleyville Heritage High School with Nona, where the girls were part of an academic team focused on developing business leaders. They graduated together in May.

    “Allison would take her to school from here, and then when they moved out she would pick her up from the apartments,” Baum said. “It’s unbelievable because of the people we knew them to be, and their children were good kids, very focused.”‘

    In other words, on the surface at least, this was an exemplary family of smiling, nice, Moderate Muslims, just right to feature in ‘All American Muslim’, complete with their Christmas lights and their Christmas tree with the presents under it in the lounge room…

  19. says

    Funny how this story has largely fallen off the viewscreen of the mainstream media. Six people mass murdered on Christmas Day, ho hum. The press doesn’t mind reporting horrific violence, but politically incorrect crimes just won’t do.

  20. says

    This is the second major Islam-related story in about 2 weeks to have gotten the silent treatment from both law enforcement and the media once the facts became “inconvenient”. The first was the Aisha Khan “kidnapping” in which the police clammed up and the media cleared out like rats off a sinking ship once it became clear that Aisha hadn’t been kidnapped and there might be embarrassing Islam-related family conflict — e.g., “arranged” forced marriage to a Pakistani (cousin??) — going on. Now we have a 7-person massacre by a Muslim and the police are suddenly totally uninterested in motive and you have to google “Texas Christmas Day massacre” or the like to find the story at all. Sounds like the Brotherhood’s self-censorship patrol has been working overtime. And shame on all of those who have chosen to cooperate.

  21. says

    All American Muslim, Christmas edition. So, when’s TLC going to cover THIS, or any regular main stream media? We have to rely on the NEW media for the truth! Islam is cruel and barbaric. It’s not tolerant, and doesn’t seek to coexist. We will NOT be brainwashed by Obama, or anyone else. We read the Qu’ran, ahadith and Reliance of the Traveller, and take those texts at their word, they wish to slaughter all non Muslims and moderate Muslims. There is no peace in Islam, just violence and evilness.

  22. says

    Note: of all the media accounts, this one – by the Dallas Morning News – is the only one where the reporters, having done due diligence and interviewed schoolfriends/ classmates of the deceased girl, have unearthed the very revealing details about the father’s obsessively-controlling – indeed, very abusive – behaviour towards his daughter, and the all-important information that (despite the superficial ‘nominal Muslim’ appearance of the family – all wearing westernised clothes, not a hijab or beard in sight ) dear Mohammedan daddy didn’t want his daughter dating outside the Ummah -‘ “She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion,” Reed said.’

    The reporters did not realize the full significance of that – I doubt the reporter knows that Sharia forbids Muslim women from taking a non-Muslim man (who remains non-Muslim rather than converting) as lover or as husband, though Muslim men are free to do as they please to non-Muslim women. Nevertheless, the reporter wrote it down and his editor let it through into the main story.

    Our thanks therefore go to Gloria Salinas and Scott Goldstein of the Dallas Morning News, and to their editor, for bringing this crucial snippet of information to light. I would encourage texas jihadwatchers, in particular, to write to the editor of the DMH and commend the paper for this.

    **Nobody** else has included that info in their story – though in one of the other reports, there is a similarly all-too-revealing snippet of information about the way that this superficially-westernised Iranian Muslim man (who had adopted the Western nickname, ‘Bob’) treated his wife.

    From the Associated Press version of the story –
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/16396419/texas-police-man-in-santa-suit-killed-6-relatives
    Authorities identify dead in Christmas shootings

    Modjdehi [family friend, from the local ‘Persian community’ – dda] said **Yazdanpanah had long forbid Rahmati, who holds a state cosmetology license, to work.** {my emphasis – dda}.

    ‘ But once he became unemployed, his wife held down jobs at two spas, the friend said.

    “She worked hard to keep the family together, but he wasn’t willing to do anything,” Modjdehi said.’

    That speaks volumes. His refusal to allow his qualified wife to have an outside job is very Islamic. Muslim women, ideally, remain sequestered, never going outside alone.

    But darura, necessity, in this case financial necessity, makes unislamic behaviour temporarily acceptable; .so this same Muslim control-freak when in sufficient financial straits did let his wife work, and was quite content to sit on his bum and live off her earnings.

    And then she got sick of supporting an abusive parasite, and left him…which, in the USA, she could do.

    So, he killed her, and he killed the daughter – and he killed the other family members who, judging from what appears in the various accounts, had *supported* the wife and daughter.

    At least in the finish he killed himself and saved the State of Texas the trouble and expense of a murder trial.

  23. says

    This is NOT true. I heard from a close friend of the family that the father did not even believe in the quran. This was a family of Iranians and Iranians are not religious (the people, not the regime). I respect Robert Spencer greatly for her work on the evils of Islamic ideology (I am an Iranian atheist) but I think he jumped the gun on this one.

  24. says

    @ Sam Arisan “when even my friends and family are unwilling to listen to anything I have say about ISLAM”

    Have you presented these Sam?

    In the Koran:

    047.004 – Beheadings

    033.052 – Gang Rape of female ‘infidels’

    005.033 – Crucifixions (yes, it actually promotes “crucifixions”)

    008.067 – Treason (and that’s putting it mildly)

    033.061 – Genocide “without mercy”

    005.041 – Racism

    The very first reation to expect is that the Bible is no better. The bottom line (and for not for prostylizing purposes) is that very last commands (“last” being the operative word here) of the Bible are:

    Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

    Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

    Which, if they are reasonable people (and I would point that out to them) should bring them all back to the brutal teachings of the koran and that there needs to be something major done about it – especially if they care about their own children’s future.

    As for the article above? Bravo to Robert Spencer. (God bless you Robert)

    The media giants are culprits for the murderers, as far as I’m concerned. And they will continue to gather even more blood on their heads from future victims for refusing to come clean with the whole truth, which is their duty, the very reason they are in that position in the first place.

    But surely, they must know their time is short….because as devout muslims continue to carry out ‘their duties’, members of society will become more sickened, and at some point, thoroughly fed up. How could anyone think differently?

    And hopefully, due justice will be served to the self-righteous media giants, by the sickened and disgusted members of society for their lies and their unwavering support of murderers.

    I know you have watched me share this many times….but once again….it fits perfectly:

    Isa 14:31 Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina (if you support Palestine – you are Palestine…and we all know the media giants support Palestine), art dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone – in his appointed times.

    Therefore, I have complete faith that the media giants will be called out – eventually. (And Sam? – you might want to point out that fact to any of those who claim to be Christians. We are either with Him – or against Him. There is no in-between)

  25. says

    I would like to speak to the spiritual aspect as has John Spielman and others over the years. My wife and I have spent many years in ministry including about 20 years in jails and prisons across the USA. Been on death row in Texas and Louisiana several times and seen first hand what happens to a man or woman completely overtaken by demon spirits. It can be a momentary thing that overtakes and overcomes and causes the horrendous act or a long term affliction that seems to cook and bubble on the inside until it bubbles over and the acts occur. In other words, a natural outward manifestation and conclusion to the habitation “inside”. Sometimes you realize you are in the presence of one of those “things” as you stand in front of a man and you look directly into the eyes of a demon spirit. (You must look back at it with a total lack of fear and with a 100% assurance of whose you are and whose you serve). Most prisons have spaces set aside in their deepest bowels for those special few, totally possessed ones. They are the ones the devil has had the greatest success in getting them to do his bidding on this planet. I must now say that as gang intensive as some prisons have become, the most possessed of them all are the Muslim gangs as they have the imprinteur of “religion” attached. In some prisons they even have their own private meetings with the door closed with their own sentinels posted outside the door! How PC can you get? All this serves as preface to my point. When a human opens a door to the spiritual realm something does come inside. The open door can be of their choosing OR something they are born into. I see Muslims as some of the most defenseless people on this planet. Those entities are hanging on their backs like dug in deer ticks. Infected from birth they are and manifest it at every chance and biddin’. Even the sweet family in question. Grapevine, upscale, Christmas lights and all, unaware the demons will pick that “day” to lash out of an infected one like an embryonic alien breaking loose from their human host. Infected 1400 hundred years ago and passed down to countless generations.In these last days you must invite inside the one, the only ONE, who has the power and authority to overcome those demons and get you free from any hitchhiking “ticks”.

  26. says

    Sassan Darian….

    “Neighbors said the family was Muslim but had always hung Christmas lights on their home ” except this year.”

    testimony of one of the daughter’s classmates:

    “She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion,” Reed said.

    And so the classmate lied?

    Just because the family does not ‘appear’ to be muslim Sassan Darian, doesn’t mean the father wasn’t.

  27. says

    @we1: I talked to someone who was close to the family and while the father was a male-chauvinist he did not believe in the quran or religion. So while the father was an odd character, it did not have to do with Islam and it was not an “honor killing”.

  28. says

    *I respect Robert Spencer for his work, not her – sorry for the typo. I truly despise Islam. But I think we should be correct about the facts of the case.

  29. says

    This was an Islamic honor-killing. Under Sharia law, parents may kill their children for rebelling against Islam, and wives are considered property that a husband may beat into submission and rape at will (The Qur’an tells men wives are like fields they can “plow” as the man “sees fit.”). This media policy of not showing anything Muslims do – even crimes – in a negative light is interfering with prosecution of crime in the U.S. It is refusing to acknowledge the criminal intent of First-Degree Murder and enabling Sharia law to be enforced and upheld.

  30. says

    Sassan Darian

    It is not hard for me to believe that the family may have decided to give up the muslim faith. It could be the real reason why the marriage broke up.

    But the testimony of the classmate of the daughter that was murdered is too profound for me. And it fits.

    Muslims are taught….

    004.094 O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: “Thou art none of a believer!” Therefore carefully investigate. {they are to keep their intentions hidden

    003.028 Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless it be that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking as it were security. {telling lies to non-Muslims is the nature of Islam

    Be careful when they deny Sassan Darian. It is commanded of them.

  31. says

    Yes I agree Islam is evil. But what you are not failing to realize is that the VAST MAJORITY of Iranians are fake Muslims. We do not practice religion in any matter and the one’s who do like my grandparents are still not fanatical and despise the Islamic Republic. We Iranians are different from other Islamic Arabs. We have learned the brutality of Islam the last 30+ years under the terrorist regime which has pillaged and destroyed our homeland.

  32. says

    @BuntyHoven: Thank you for the heartfelt words. People must not forget the 2009 protests. It is ironic that Obama helped Libya (an Islamic country) and neglected Iranians in 2009 when Iran is the only country in the region with a pro-American and pro-west populace in which a free Iran will actually be a SECULAR and democratic one unlike any of the other countries in the region. We will rise again – we don’t have the zeal of martyrdom anymore. We value life – but we will rise again soon during the next round of fake elections in less than 2-years as this reduces the chances of death on such occasions. And from my time in Iran people would always say that Bush’s biggest mistake was that he liberated the wrong country as Iraqis are still Arab and religious…

    IT is important to remember that our culture is pre-Islamic. Our holidays and traditions are all pre-Islamic. WE value our pre-Islamic culture first and foremost.

    Thank you again. :)

  33. says

    I’m surprised that the MSM haven’t yet linked it to horror films such as SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT and CHRISTMAS EVIL.
    Horror movies are to blame for everything I tells ya.
    Except the things that we can blame on alcohol….

  34. says

    There are two points I would like to make that force your ‘honor killing’ hypothesis flat on its face.

    The first is that honor killings generally don’t involve wasting the entire family. This includes a son, a wife, a niece, a sister-in-law, and her husband. This fact alone strongly suggests that the man who committed these atrocious acts was mentally ill. He probably snapped when his financial and marital troubles overwhelmed him. Who knows.

    The second point to address is that honor killings are generally committed by dogmatic parents who hold family honor of utmost importance to them. This family massacre seems a fool-hardy way of upholding family honor. Said families also generally don’t celebrate Christmas since that is a Christian holiday. Which indicates that, assuming they were Muslim, they were not terribly religious.

    In conclusion, you’re a hate-mongering bigot. You are callously using this tragic event to further your political agendas. Shame on you, sir.

  35. says

    Congratulations Texas. You have become the “honor killing capital” of the United States of Amnesia. Remember Amina and Sarah. They were killed a few miles from this massacre. Their ‘doting father’ (their murderer) is still on the loose probably right near here living it up. And remenmber the good doctor at Ft. Hood? He only killed 14 I think. No reason to punish him is there?

    Most people don’t know the real Texas. DFW is a seething hotbed of militant muslims, leftist apologists. faux press and political correctness. And Ft Worth is worse than Dallas. Instead of cowboy hats, these people s/b wearing tinfoil hats…..

  36. says

    3 EASY questions to ask if a muslim is likely to come down with SJS (sudden jihad syndrome).

    A. do you consider yourself a muslim?
    B. do you believe in the messenger of allah Mohammed as the perfect man and example to all men?
    C. do you believe in the infallibility of the Koran as the perfect words of allah?

    See how simple and easy this is? Notice I didn’t ask or care if they dress Islamic or pray 5 times a day or even obey all the pillers of islam. If they answer yes to all of the above they are open to SJS.

  37. says

    @awake:

    “The article stated that the family was Muslim and the testimony of the classmates spoke of an over-bearing father. It is not Robert Spencer’s task to prove or disprove those statements in the article.”

    It seems they were Muslim. But what does being an over-bearing father have to do with Islam being a threat to the world, which is what you seem to assert?

    “In addition, your assertion which suggest that they really weren’t Muslims is lacking. You cite the atypical killing of more than the intended “honor” victim, specifically the sucide of the Muslim male after the act, as a mental illness as opposed to the mental illness of a mind suffused by Islam.”

    Mental illness from Islam? Being Muslim doesn’t automatically make you insane. I shouldn’t even have to argue that.

    “Now, while financial problems are reasonably expected to be a contributing impetus, it does not preclude the Islam honor killing angle. In fact, it does the opposite. It enforces it. While the family hung Christmas lights, a testament to Muslims, whether pious or cultural, as a sign of assimilation into western culture traditions and holidays, they did not this year.”

    Uh, what? So, because he was a Muslim with financial troubles he was therefore ordained by Islamic Law to kill his family? Garbage. And what does hanging Christmas lights have to do with anything?

    “Another reasonable hypothesis besides the contributing factor of financial problems, is the factor of the failing marriage and the actions of the daughter dating outside the Ummah. Couple that with the family and relatives apparent tilt to embrace a more western American culture, hence celebrating Christmas, (at least as far as the gift-giving aspect goes), and we begin to see an identified Muslim male losing control over his domain.”

    His daughter was dating a non-Muslim. So why did he kill his entire family? Only crazy people kill their entire family on Christmas day, not radical stealth Jihadis that pose an existential threat to the world.

    “Regardless of the actual reason, it is irrelevant to try to know the mind of every Muslim to determine the degree of piety versus mere cultural familiarity. Even if you are correct, it does nothing to offset the real1ity that over 90% of the global honor killings are perpetrated by self-identified Muslim males.”

    No argument with this. I’m pretty sure it was a crazy guy that killed his entire family on Christmas day, and nothing else. And I can’t argue with the statistics on real honor killings. It seems to be a wholly Islamic problem. A relic from the old days, perhaps.

    “I could just as easily sling baseless insults at you, calling you a hate-filled misogynist for showing such an apathy for the plight of the female gender in general under the oppression of Islamic culture, but it would serve no more purpose than your offering did.”

    Nothing I’ve said in my post warranted me being called a misogynist. Your insult is truly a baseless one, as compared to mine and all the data that is available on this site.

    Part of me didn’t even want to repond to this blog post, because I didn’t want to turn this massacre into a political debate on Islam. It was a tragic event. Let’s just leave it at that and stop looking for something to blame for it. I think I’ll end it there.

  38. says

    D wrote:
    “It seems they were Muslim. But what does being an over-bearing father have to do with Islam being a threat to the world, which is what you seem to assert?”

    I do assertt that Islam is a threat to the world, but that is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that you walked on in and crapped on the character of Robert Spencer for simply posting an article. He also pointed out how the Muslim angle was initially omitted from the story, as other posters also alluded to.

    You on the otherhand decided to pass moral judgement on assertions that you expect people to accept simply as fact simply because you say so. I don’t know what type of hyper-emotional, liberal circles you run in, but as a general rule, and to be taken seriously here, substance reigns supreme over ad homiinem.

    He is described as a Muslim and I argued that the family was becoming too westernized for his liking and therefore that contributed to the killings. Just because he strayed from the standard male Muslim honor-killing script as you perceive one to be,(as if one exists), it doesn’t prove your point to have known his intent. And it appears he is not available for further comment.

    Islam’s historical track record indicates that this event was more a by-product of the presence of Islam instead of in spite of it and yes, my assertion of you being a misogynist was baseless, used as an illustrated point and an analogy to you calling Robert a hate-filled bigot.

    You owe him an apology.

    Your writing indicates that you are relatively new to this site and I can’t help but inform you that you have made a terrible first impression. Emotional rants against the site’s author based on unknowable circumstances is not a sound debate strategy in my estimation.

  39. says

    @awake:

    Calling Robert Spencer a bigot is, I think, completely uncontroversial. I don’t see why you’re taking it so personally. The insults I’ve used here are completely substantiated. And at the very least he is Islamophobic. Whoops, did I use another “no-no” word here?

    Any person of genuine intellect can agree with me on this point. The man is irrationally opposed to Islam. That’s certainly fine and all. Freedom of expression, and such. But don’t act like that’s not the general consensus.

    I’m mainly irked that he used the Christmas day massacre to fuel his diseased rhetoric. He’s no better than the extremists he purports to resist. It’s despicable from an intellectual standpoint.

    No scholar worth their weight would use these events to argue academically against the spread of Islam. It’s crude and it insults their memory and the ones they are survived by.

  40. says

    “Again and again we have seen honor killings in which fathers kill daughters who are dating non-Muslims or have supposedly besmirched the family honor by some sexual indiscretion.”

    How true, Robert …

    More often than not, islam produces homicidal maniacs like this man; and it isn’t so much a matter of if they will commit these heinous murders, but when. And this islamic slave deliberately chose Christmas Day to carry out his barbaric deeds, which only punctuates how evil and twisted this guy was. Surely hes made allah and perverted muhammad very proud.

  41. says

    @guide inside:

    “Your tired old verbal fart of bigotry is laughable to us who post here.”

    Of course it is. It’s because you don’t believe there is anything inherently wrong with bigotry. If that’s the case, which it is, then there shouldn’t be anything wrong with me calling you out on it.

  42. says

    D wrote:
    “And at the very least he is Islamophobic. Whoops, did I use another “no-no” word here?”

    Thank you for your honesty. We all prefer the honest and direct approach to the disingenuous tepid support of the concepts of honor killing that you put forth in one of your comments. That said, the question on whether or not reporting this as a possible incidence of an Islamic honor killing is itself an example of Islamophobia, does not logically follow.

    Speaking of Islamophobia. If you were a person of genuine intent, which you are not, you would be familiar with the 5-point plan that Robert has put forth many times here at JW to end the fabricated phantom of Islamophobia, (actually I think most people here consider themselves Islamorealists, Below is an example:

    http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/11/amnesty-international-pushing-muslim-brotherhood-invented-concept-of-islamophobia.html

    D wrote:
    “Any person of genuine intellect can agree with me on this point. The man is irrationally opposed to Islam.”

    Logical fallacies abound. Appeals to authority and emotion. Besides the assertions that you just made, do you have any evidence to support them or do we all lack genuine intellect for simply disagreeing with your posi1tion?

    D wrote:
    “I’m mainly irked that he used the Christmas day massacre to fuel his diseased rhetoric. He’s no better than the extremists he purports to resist. It’s despicable from an intellectual standpoint.”

    Wow, it seems I hit the nail squarely with my accusation of your liberal tendencies. More fallacies, and the best of all, the false moral equivalency of, “He’s no better than the extremists he purports to resist.”

    So, somehow reporting on a story involving a Muslim who killed several intimates, while showcasing the well-documented occurences of honor killing in Islamic culture,(remember the 90% plus that you agreed to), is equally sinister to the person who commited the act itself in your eyes?

    Nonsense. This is why liberals cannot debate. They lack the skills since they never encountered an opposing position during their liberal indoctrinization through academia and beyond. It’s always about their emotive perception.

    D wrote:
    “No scholar worth their weight would use these events to argue academically against the spread of Islam.”

    More appeals to moral authority and credentials. Reporting on a possible Islamic honor-kiling, perpetrated by an identified Muslim, which is eerily consistent with other documented Islamic honor killings is what it is. In and of itself, it is not an argument against the spread of Islam, but as has been stated many times here in the past, will continue and with greater propensity unless publicly and properly identified.

    In reality, your willful obfuscation of and absolute denial of the Islam honorkilling angle here will probably lend support to more dead Muslim mothers and children at the hands of their Muslim husbands and fathers.

    Nice work.

  43. says

    D writes …

    “In conclusion, you’re a hate-mongering bigot. You are callously using this tragic event to further your political agendas.”

    Robert Spencer is not a hater, but he’s a hero who speaks the Truth about the doctrine and history of political islam and it’s danger to our civilization – along with current news headlines that clearly demonstrate how evil islam & company are.

  44. says

    @CGW: No, I am not of Armenian descent but I do get that often because of the “ian” of my last name. It is just a coincidence.

    And people can decide what to believe regarding this case but believe me, this had nothing to do with Islam. I DESPISE Islam. I would be the FIRST one calling this an honor killing if it was. Again, we live in a free country and everyone is allowed to make up their own minds with the relevant facts of the case. I just remind people to keep in mind that Iranians are not religious people and that Islam plays really no role in the lives of Iranians except for the extremist Hizbollis which we all despise.

    And @CGW: one more thing! I actually did a DNA test and my ancestry on my father’s side somehow goes back to the Cohen lineage. Interesting huh? And I do have some Armenian blood in there on my dad’s side (1/5th based on the genes) but my last name has nothing to do with anything Armenian. It was simply a village my dad’s parents were from in the Azerbaijan province of Iran (northern Iran).

  45. says

    Re the fact that this man killed not just his daughter but five other people.

    If you read the featured article, and poke around on the net looking at some of the other articles, what you see is that he killed his wife (who had separated from him; and it seems that she *initiated* the separation) and his daughter, who was dating (or whom he believed to be dating) a non-Muslim man; and that the other people he killed could all be construed as being punished for **siding with the wife and/ or the daughter**.

    When he seized his daughter’s mobile phone, her mother would give it back to her – or her brother would let her use *his* phone.

    So one might conclude that the wife was killed not only because of her own rebellion, but because she was perceived as aiding the daughter’s rebellion; and the son was killed because he aided and abetted his sister’s rebellion, rather than siding with his dad.

    And the wife was obviously on good terms with her sister and her sister’s husband. They in fact acted quite unislamically by (so far as we can see) supporting their sister / sister-in-la, and maintaining friendly relations with her after her marriage broke up. Rosemary Sookhdeo, in her book ‘Secrets Behind the Burqa’, notes that in general, Muslim families reject a female member who has been divorced or who leaves her husband. It’s seen as shameful for a woman to be divorced – even if she is fleeing a dangerously abusive husband. One family told Mrs Sookhdeo they would rather that their daughter remain with a violent husband, and be beaten, than that the family be shamed by her leaving the marriage and the abuse being made known.

    It is perfectly probable that the wife’s sister, her husband, and their daughter- who was setting a bad example of female independence, by being at university – were killed to punish them for associating with, and aiding and abetting, the rebellious wife and daughter.

  46. says

    If I might interject…..

    The family may not have been practicing muslems. To me, that only explains how the shooter (father) screwed up the honor killing by killing himself in the end.

    Practice, Practice, Practice!

    God Bless America!

  47. says

    I just heard Fox News describe this as an “honor” killing, and giving the reasons why. Better late than never, I suppose.

  48. says

    Just out on ABC news.

    “The medical examiner’s office said Yazdanpanah’s son, daughter, niece and sister-in-law were shot multiple times in the head. His wife was shot once in the head and his brother-in-law was shot multiple times in the head, chest and stomach.

    Police believe that before Yazdanpanah killed himself, he tried to stage the scene by placing one of the two guns used in the hand of his deceased brother-in-law, Mohamad Zarei, Eberling said.”

    Doesn’t sound like such an up-standing fellow now, does he?

    God Bless America!

  49. says

    Quote from “Star Telegram” (news) page:

    (Unfortunately, comments on this story have veered too far off course and into the realm of ad hominem attacks and religious bigotry. So commenting has been disabled. — Editors)

    Star Telegram Article

    It’s always “big-otry” or some kind of “phobia” ya’ know – when the TRUTH gets uncomfortable just shut-off free speech. Now, if there’s threats then I agree moderate or delete certain comments but generally liberals have a real problem with letting people speak FREELY and it’s rather lazy to take the easy way out and just shut off comments. We’re all fortunate that Robert understands this.

  50. says

    The other unusual thing was that the father committed suicide after perpetrating his mayhem. This is atypical of Muslim honor killings.

    I had heard something about the financial problems (bankruptcy, loosing the house). Perhaps he felt he didn’t have anything or anywhere to go home to afterwards.

  51. says

    WE ARE AT WAR!

    An update to the great Eagles song: To-Kill-A Sunrise.
    No we’re not, we ain’t at war; they are, one self-declared against us, like it or not,
    Commander-in-Chief Barack says we ain’t, and he’s rat on, we’re stuck like a clot,
    Surrenderers bleeding in a unilateral war against those named Surrender!, listen!
    To the sound of us meekly shuffling into a sunset that’ll neither shine nor glisten.
    – the Holy Prophet APF

  52. says

    One of the central factors of Islamic killings”masquerade as someone benignant and innocuous”here, as the jolly Kuffar Santa Claus.

    *Evil bastard*.

    More:

    Yazdanpanah said he bought a gun after expressing concern that his daughter’s boyfriend was stalking him. He also insisted on picking up his daughter from her job at a phone kiosk inside Sam’s Club in Grapevine because of concerns about the alleged stalker.
    ……………………….

    Now, I know *nothing* about this boyfriend, good or ill. But given the father’s massacre of his entire family”and Islamic family dynamics in general”I think it is pretty likely that this is *nothing but projection*.

    More:

    But a more ominous portrait emerged of Yazdanpanah in interviews with some of his daughter’s other classmates.

    “She would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy,” said Lacie Reed, 18. “He wouldn’t let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages.”
    ……………………….

    *How familiar does this sound*? For instance, this is *almost exactly* the way Noor Al-Maliki described her father before he ran her and her boyfriend’s mother over in an Arizona parking lot, killing her and severely injuring the other woman.

    More:

    “He would take her phone away and her mother would give it back to her and her brother would let her use his phone,” Alvarenga said. “She was doing good. She was just excited that her life was going to start and she was going to have control of it.”…
    ……………………….

    Can’t have that. Can’t have his wife and daughter free of his control. Instead, he had to kill them all…

    SSL, I think you were very eloquent.

  53. says

    Pursuant to my posting above.

    First, a typo. I meant to write, of Rosemary Sookhdeo’s book ‘Secrets Behind the Burqa’, that it is ‘very clear, brief and easy to understand’. I only got as far as the ‘very’…oops.

    Now, secondly.

    Another book – ‘The Imam’s Daughter’ – by British ex-Muslim ‘Hannah Shah’ (the name is a nom de plume, adopted for the author’s personal security, since her father and other Muslims still want to kill her, both for having left Islam and for having defied her father’s absolute authority over her.) Just google the title and the author and you should be able to buy it.

    Here’s an interview with Hannah that appeared in ‘The Times’.

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5907458.ece

    From The Sunday Times

    March 15, 2009

    My imam father came after me with an axe

    ‘Hannah Shah had been raped by her father and faced a forced marriage. She fled, became a Christian and now fears for her life…’.

    And here’s a detailed review of Hannah’s book, with lots of quotes from it.

    http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/20277

    Hannah Shah, The Imam’s Daughter

    by Esmerelda Weatherwax (April 2009).

    Hannah now runs a website intended to offer help to frightened Muslim women and girls within the UK who may be thinking of trying to flee from abusive family situations.

    http://www.hannahshah.com/

    Just reading the different sections of that website will give you some idea of the extent of the problem and how dangerous it is for these women.

  54. says

    I never thought it was islamic related.
    ———-
    That’s the idea. Glenn Beck covered this story on his site and not one reference to ethnic background, family struggle with daughters, religious affiliation, etc., was cited.

    Those salient facts would have led one directly to the true motivation, right down to the Santa suit, for the mass slaughter.

    The news cast I saw had a Hispanic man fearing that his kids could not play outside. The Muslim angle changes everything. The honor killings in GA, MI, AZ, NY, TX are piling up. Atlasshrugs & JihadWatch are doing the media’s job; THEY ARE THE MEDIA in this household.

  55. says

    Thanks for posting the link to the CNN Peter King interview from this afternoon.

    On the Santa Claus killings, I did see one report today with a cop almost in tears saying none of them had ever seen anything like it, etc. But most of today’s media coverage was on the fire in Connecticut.

    I actually thought that the muslims sort of “network” within their community, so if he had made his financial distress known, I would think someone would come forward and help him to find work or something. Knowing how many kids he had, I’m sure a muslim doctor or motels owner in the area or from his mosque would have quiety paid off his note. I’m not being sarcastic. He was a good risk since his daughter was going to be a doctor someday and making good money.

  56. says

    I do agree that “we should be correct about the facts of the case”; nevertheless, the father could have been a hypocrite.

    Without question, there’s a lot of hypocrisy in Islam.

    Islam: where freedom ends and slavery begins.

  57. says

    I’m not going to comment on whether the killing was an honor killing or not, but it was interesting that you said “Iranians are not religious (the people, not the regime)”. I’m not sure exactly why but I always suspected as much. It makes it extra tragic that they live under religious tyranny. I hope and pray for the day when Iranians are free.

  58. says

    Yeah, dearing, where did you learn police work? Method, motive, opportunity. This loser solved your case for you by killing himself, but motive is important to prevent similar deaths in the future. Even though it’s impossible to do, here, in America, because you cannot keep mohammadans from marrying or breeding.

  59. says

    Thanks for somewhat proving my point. Read again what his daughter’s friend said. Religious dogma or secular tradition; it really doesn’t matter. Secular traditions are formed over many decades by the “religious” police and secular authorities in power. It is the huge open door over the entire religion. It is a product of that entire system that caused his irrational and demonic manifestation no matter what justification was running thru his mind at the moment. Your tired old verbal fart of bigotry is laughable to us who post here.

  60. says

    D wrote:
    “In conclusion, you’re a hate-mongering bigot.”

    Your abject ad hominem aside, you have utterly failed to disprove the hypothesis. The article stated that the family was Muslim and the testimony of the classmates spoke of an over-bearing father. It is not Robert Spencer’s task to prove or disprove those statements in the article.

    In addition, your assertion which suggest that they really weren’t Muslims is lacking. You cite the atypical killing of more than the intended “honor” victim, specifically the sucide of the Muslim male after the act, as a mental illness as opposed to the mental illness of a mind suffused by Islam. There is no distinction there in my estimation.

    Now, while financial problems are reasonably expected to be a contributing impetus, it does not preclude the Islam honor killing angle. In fact, it does the opposite. It enforces it. While the family hung Christmas lights, a testament to Muslims, whether pious or cultural, as a sign of assimilation into western culture traditions and holidays, they did not this year.

    Another reasonable hypothesis besides the contributing factor of financial problems, is the factor of the failing marriage and the actions of the daughter dating outside the Ummah. Couple that with the family and relatives apparent tilt to embrace a more western American culture, hence celebrating Christmas, (at least as far as the gift-giving aspect goes), and we begin to see an identified Muslim male losing control over his domain.

    Regardless of the actual reason, it is irrelevant to try to know the mind of every Muslim to determine the degree of piety versus mere cultural familiarity. Even if you are correct, it does nothing to offset the real1ity that over 90% of the global honor killings are perpetrated by self-identified Muslim males.

    I could just as easily sling baseless insults at you, calling you a hate-filled misogynist for showing such an apathy for the plight of the female gender in general under the oppression of Islamic culture, but it would serve no more purpose than your offering did.

  61. says

    Sassan, you don’t have to be a hardcore muslim to posses Islamic values. These things once taught stays with you forever. They are cultural muslims and that’s how they were reared as. They can’t or won’t change Unless they happen to become nonmuslim.
    I have met quite a few muslims who are from India, porkiestan, and Iran who seems to be thoroughly non religious. Some even drink and engage in celebrating Christmas. They don’t wear have beards and their wives and daughters don’t wear Islamic attire. In fact some wear western dress. Yet when talking to them it becomes very clear they pine for an Islamic society where sharia is supreme. They support the ummah. They know what is jihad and it is a violent struggle against the kaffurs.

  62. says

    Sassan Darian wrote:

    This is NOT true. I heard from a close friend of the family that the father did not even believe in the quran. This was a family of Iranians and Iranians are not religious (the people, not the regime).
    ………………………….

    Sassan, we see this all the time. Some Muslim is described as drinking, or visiting strip clubs, or really enjoying pulled-pork sandwiches”then goes on to commit violent Jihad.

    This *is not rare*.

    I have no doubt that this family”with the women wearing short party dresses and celebrating at least a secular Christmas”was generally pretty lax when it came to Islam.

    But the father”with his strict control of his daughter and aversion to her dating an Infidel”very much had “Muslim values””and was willing to enforce them *through violence*.

    More:

    Some of the killed even volunteered to greet the soldiers when they returned from Afghanistan and Iraq (I think mother and daughter). They were pro-American.
    ………………………….

    I don’t think we should assume that the entire family was of the same mind vis-a-vis Islam”the brutal father may well have adhered much more to the creed of Islam than did the rest of the family”certainly, that was true in the breach…

  63. says

    “Only crazy people kill their entire family on Christmas day…”

    Would it be fair to say, then, that only crazy
    people fly airplanes full of innocent people into buildings? Or kill entire families–including infants–in their beds? Or shoot their beautiful daughters to death? How about shooting one’s fellow (unarmed) soldiers to death? Gee, one might get the idea that there’s a common denominator here. Wonder what it could be?

    And, BTW, D, as I read this thread you began the ad hominems by calling someone a “hate mongering bigot.” You sound a lot like Ibrahim Hooper to me…

  64. says

    D wrote:
    “Mental illness from Islam? Being Muslim doesn’t automatically make you insane. I shouldn’t even have to argue that.”

    A mind suffused by Islam does imply insanity. Islam is insane. It’s supposed founder “prophet” was insane. He was a murderer. He was a rapist. He was a pedophile. He was a liar, a thief and a slave-trader.

    A nomadic, conquering desert warlord is not an example of model behavior in my opinion, and one contrary to the claims of the Qur’an:

    33:21 “Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.”

    Remember, Allah said that, or as we are lead to believe, so said Muhammad.

  65. says

    You and this poor fellow who murdered his entire family has been so unfairly stigmatized by us. that from now on I will turn to the more kinder and gentler bloggers at SPLC.

    APF, don’t try to convince me otherwise, I’m filled with grief knowig this poor man has been persecuted by the biggotted bloggers on JW

  66. says

    D, I strongly disagree with you. You seem to think that the burden of proof is on Robert Spencer and not on you or others for offering your/ their own explanations for the known facts. Like that he was simply crazy. But in this way you seem to exert a certain censorship, like the Mainstream Media do. Who thus omit to mention important information to the public. Which amounts to “half, white” lying sometimes.

    Certainty is for the fools, said Einstein. But intellectuals try to deal in probabilities. And Robert Spencer knows Islamic laws, practices and mentalities inside out. He can show well the high probability of a Muslim connection with these murders.

    And he could be seen as prosecutor, and people like you as defenders, of Islam. And both of you can legitimately pose your evidence and arguments and then let the judge and jury decide. It is wrong to try mild censorship by scolding him for what he does. Do not so soon assume a prosecutor simply hates.

    I also like to say that it is not necessarily hate or even disrespect when a person knows 2 political systems of organising society, then is in favor of one against the other, which he can then still respect.

    But, what IS despicable IMO, is to DENY, almost at all costs, the obvious that 2 political systems have different values and objectives.

    And when a person wants to respect Muslims and treat them honourably, it does not follow that Islam, their faith, has to be defended, exonerated, or is considered without influence the whole time, as a matter of course. Of course Islam DOES have influence. the question is what kind.

    You CAN respect and like Muslims, and treat them well, while still blasting Islam and indicating it’s bad influence on them, relevant to your own cherished values and laws and goals. Which may contradict Islam’s values strongly.

    Unless of course, you, D, have a vested interest in defending Islam, being a Muslim yourself.

  67. says

    Hey c’mon……Aziz was just being Allah’s “good” little elf…..

    Stop all this bickering. After all, he only killed SEVEN people. What’s so bad about that……? Right, D?

  68. says

    Thank you Awake, Demsci and others for your posts. I see that D’s belly wind bigotry has morphed into a full blown case of delusional Islamic diarrhea. A river of Shi’ite dogma if you will.( baw ha ha ha) Unable to carry on a reasonable dialog about the subject without “phobic” bombs and other name calling has rendered him with much less respect due calm and intelligent posters. Much more from him will qualify him for troll status and then possible banning. The sad thing is his inability to see the obvious spiritual dynamics and their tragic consequences at work in his life. Joking aside, lets pray that the dark veils be removed so he can see clearly what he is encumbered with and the way to be freed.

  69. says

    D wrote:

    There are two points I would like to make that force your ‘honor killing’ hypothesis flat on its face…

    The second point to address is that honor killings are generally committed by dogmatic parents who hold family honor of utmost importance to them. This family massacre seems a fool-hardy way of upholding family honor.
    ……………………………………….

    So…what sort of murder do you consider less “fool-hardy” in upholding family honor? I’d really like to know…

    It seems his daughter was dating an Infidel, his wife had left him, and the rest of the family appeared to support them. It would seem he considered his entire family to have stained his “family honor”.

    More:

    In conclusion, you’re a hate-mongering bigot. You are callously using this tragic event to further your political agendas. Shame on you, sir.
    ……………………………………….

    Notice”D merely considers this incident “tragic””as though the entire family was wiped out in an unfortunate pile-up on the highway, rather than *massacred in cold blood* by the pater familias.

    It seems he has no censure for the mass killer”but considers anyone with the temerity to mention the mass killer to be a “hate-mongering bigot”. Exactly how is posting this story “hate-mongering”?

    As for the charge of bigotry, what stories here on Jihad Watch do you consider false? All are reported by solid news outlets”AP, Reuters, Agence France Presse.

    If you have a problem with the facts of the case, perhaps you should take it up with the Dallas Morning News.

    More:

    It seems they were Muslim. But what does being an over-bearing father have to do with Islam being a threat to the world, which is what you seem to assert?
    ……………………………………….

    It actually has a great deal to do with it. “Honor killings” have become rife in the West, as we have seen again and again here.

    “Honor killings” are very much a part of Islam. When a British-Arabic teenage girl fled to the Saudi police after being abused and having her life threatened by her father, the police told her outright that her father could murder her is he saw fit.

    “D” may not care if young Muslim women and girls are being murdered by their male relatives in our lands, but some of us consider this deeply disturbing.

    More:

    Mental illness from Islam? Being Muslim doesn’t automatically make you insane. I shouldn’t even have to argue that.
    ……………………………………….

    Attempting to adhere to the tenets of an insane creed is indeed crazy-making”and causes severe mental distress whether adhered to or resisted, even in cases where the person is not clinically mentally ill.

    Trying to live under a violent and irrational creed such as Fascism, hard-line Communism, or fundamentalist Islam does not make for sparkling mental health. Do I believe, say, that everyone in North Korea is clinically insane? I do not. But I do believe that everyone there”true believer and dissident”is deeply emotionally distressed by trying to follow such an irrational philosophy.

    More:

    Calling Robert Spencer a bigot is, I think, completely uncontroversial. I don’t see why you’re taking it so personally. The insults I’ve used here are completely substantiated. And at the very least he is Islamophobic. Whoops, did I use another “no-no” word here?
    ……………………………………….

    No doubt Winston Churchill was a “bigot” and “Fascistophobe” for pointing out the threat from Nazi Germany. What was the threat of National Socialism compared to someone with the bad taste to mention the fact? sarc/off

    More:

    Any person of genuine intellect can agree with me on this point. The man is irrationally opposed to Islam.
    ……………………………………….

    How could *anyone* of “genuine intellect” be opposed to “honor killings”, violent Jihad, and the imposition of barbaric Shari’ah law? How “irrational”! sarc/off

  70. says

    spywalker wrote:

    Quote from “Star Telegram” (news) page:

    (Unfortunately, comments on this story have veered too far off course and into the realm of ad hominem attacks and religious bigotry. So commenting has been disabled. — Editors)
    ……………………..

    Heaven forfend that anyone should have a problem with Muslim “honor killings”…how “bigotted”…sarc/off

    From the Star Telegram article:

    The message, the friend said, went like this [received from Aziz “Bob” Yazdanpanah”GI]: “What do u call a guy who’s born in Austin and grows up in Dallas and then dies in Grapevine? ……… DEAD.”
    ……………………..

    Oh, *that Bob*! What a card”always telling jokes! This one just slays me”*really, really slays me*…