U.K.: Elderly woman dies after being left on the floor after fall while Muslim nurse took five to ten minutes to finish praying

The message that sends is that his prayer time is more valuable than a non-Muslim’s life, even when a prompt response to an emergency is an essential function of his job.

“Woman died after Muslim nurse refused to help as he was praying,” from the Telegraph, March 23 (thanks to all who sent this in):

Alzheimer’s sufferer Dorothy Griffiths, 87, was found sitting down after staff heard a bang and a carer went to the office for help to lift her.

But agency nurse Abdul Bhutto, who was in charge, said they would have to wait.

An ambulance was not called for nearly four hours after Mrs Griffiths fell from bed and cut her head and suffered a gash to her hip at the privately-run Valley Park Nursing Home in Wombwell, near Barnsley.

She died later in hospital. Mr Bhutto failed to appear at the inquest and a summons had to be issued for him to attend the resumed hearing later in the year.

Assistant deputy coroner Donald Coutts-Wood said he had contacted him during a recess and he denied being the duty nurse that night and said he had been there on a course.

Mrs Griffiths, the widow of former Barnsley footballer Steve Griffiths, who used to live in Wombwell, had been a resident at the home since 2009 and died last November.

She was put to bed at 9.45pm on October 24 and checked checked every two hours, according to Zoe Shaw.

The old lady was using the toilet at 4am and Mrs Shaw went to an office to fill in paperwork.

She said Mrs Griffiths was not prone to falls and was not considered “at risk”.

She and another carer found her on the floor and Mrs Shaw went to get help from Mr Bhutto. He was the most senior nurse on night duty at the home, run by the Mimosa Healthcare Group, because the senior carer was unable to work havning [sic[ been on duty for six of the previous seven nights.

When Mr Bhutto arrived he checked the pensioner’s limbs, took her blood presssure and pulse while she was still on the floor and told the carers to put her back into bed.

But instead Mrs Shaw, worried that she might fall again, washed the old lady, dressed her and took her to the office while she carried on filling forms.

At about 5.45am she took her to the lounge and said she was “talking fine” and walking around.

But at breakfast-time when the residents were being offered a cup of tea Mrs Griffiths was found unresponsive and an ambulance was called at about 7.30am.

Mrs Shaw, who broke down and wept in the witness box, said she would have called an ambulance immediately after the fall but had only since discovered that staff could override a nurses’ decision.

Speaking after the inquest was adjourned Dorothy’s daughter Jean David, 61, said: “We are quite upset that Mr Bhutto hadn’t appeared and we are having to come here again particularly as my brother is having to come up from Staffordshire. We would like it to have been done and dusted but we can’t leave it without his evidence.”

U.K.: Deported jihadist hate preacher still broadcasting message into country, urges establishment of secret jihadist mosques
London mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone: I will make London a beacon of Islam

Comments

This is SOP for muslims, and it’s being going on for years.

For example, muslims doctors and nurses refuse to use alcohol disinfectants for patients’ wounds or for cleansing themselves before touching patients or doing medical procedures.

This is only go to worsen.

k-wol, do agree with calling Bhutto a dirtbag. However, since being more sarcastic, I would change the letters a bit.

What a tirdbag…

Worthless comment for sure, but makes one feel better in the face of dirtbags like Bhutto infesting the world with the epidemic of Islam.

I feel sick, for the U.K., I am afraid that they are too far gone down the road of izlumic appeasement and pray they prove me wrong, but I somehow doubt it.

try to imagine the muslim children that die when the parents stop to pray to allah , the kid could be choking or drowning, but as we saw in the Shafia mass-murders…daddy dearest murdered muslim females in a heartbeat just over the Hijab issue.
    i sure that if the car did go into the canal by mistake, the men would have still focused on the Prayers over saving a female.

Twisted and sick bunch of ba$tards

If it’s any reassurance, I’ve been reading the comments on this story in the daily mail and guardian uk (what an utter disgrace to the nursing profession this piece of crap is; my dear late mother was an excellent and dedicated critical-care registered nurse for 25 years until she died of malignant melanoma) and the commenters are overwhelmingly outraged over this useless, vile and incompetent muzz failure of an employee.

Even if the bleeding heart idiots, whose little dark hearts seem to only bleed for Muslims, and never for their victims, would dismiss the dire future ramifications of a large and rapidly increasing Muslim presence, sooner or later, they or a member of their family will eventually run against the callous, intolerant, dishonest and corrupt behaviors of Muslims, especially toward the infidel. Over the years I have compared notes with many non-Muslims from majority Muslim Kangaroo states, and what is evidently apparent is that having a Muslim in charge of a defenseless infidel is a recipe for tragedy.

In Islamic states Muslim teachers routinely beat, nay torture their non-Muslim students, even to the point of permanently injuring them. This is purposeful and targeted abuse of non-Muslim children trusted to the care of those heartless and cruel Muslims. I and just about every Copt I know experienced that to some level. Muslim Doctors and nurses provide the lowest stranded of care to their non-Muslim patients, and in not very rare cases going so far as to murder them out of sheer spite. Sadly, many Muslims in the West are entering vital fields are beginning to have increasing power over infidels with entirely predictable results.

Even in the USA I have firsthand knowledge of Muslim professors punishing non-Muslim students from eastern backgrounds, usually after asking them if they were Muslims and being rather disappointed to hear otherwise. This is especially bad in medical schools were a student has invested so much into their education and is forced to deal with a jerk Muslim administrator trying to run them out of Med school. I know of many more outrageous cases to mentions.

This can only get progressively worst until Westerners will come to expect typical Muslim behavior toward Dhimmis. This will of course not affect the rich and powerful who inflect this on the rest of the population by setting the conditions for the unopposed Islamization of the West.

Learn Muslim names and run from getting service for you or a family member from anyone that has such a name.

Such are the people our government tells us we need to bring in as citizens of our country to pay taxes and provide carers for our elderly; they are needed because of the demographic problem.

So our elites have persuaded many of us to have no children, or abortions if we get pregnant, and have stolen the minds of the children we do have via political correctness (my kids barely speak to me).

This is nothing compared to what is coming.

My godmother, who cannot use her hands, was furious when her Muslim carer refused to pour her evening glass of wine. She demanded no more Muslim carers, but eventually the elderly may have little choice.

This probably would not happen, by the way, in a Muslim country where they are geared to the praying thing. I saw pharmacists close shop to pray in Sudan, but hospitals ran smoothly enough. Oh, and there was no moving of beds so patients could face Mecca to pray. Are you kidding? Only in the West could they try that one!!

People must realize that there is a war going on between Islam and the West, and ALL muslims are Islam’s soldiers in this war: each one of them will give his small or big contribution to it: JUST LIKE IT WAS WITH COMMUNISM.
    Islam is NOT a religion in the Western sense.
    Islam is an ALL ENCOMPASSING JUDICIAL SYSTEM, PHILOSOPHY, SOCIAL SISTEM, with ALSO an underlying transcendental creed, but it is by no means something that can be limited to the sphere of personal liberties and freedom of worship.
    Measures must be taken just as they were – at every level, including immigration – to stop its spread by allowing muslims into the US.

I suspect medical jihad is rampant in the care of the elderly and we only get to hear of it when someone dies in suspicious circumstances or a non-Muslim nurse risks their job by speaking out.

Well, if you believe that non-Muslims are ‘… the vilest of creatures'(Qur’an 98:6) then why would you interrupt prayers (that damn Jews and Christians) to help a sick unbeliever?

A highly controversial draft law proposed by MP Adel Azzazi, who represents the ultra- conservative Salafist Nour Party, and which suggests the application of haraba Islamic law to help deter theft and murder, has been the issue of a heated debate over the past week. The very fact that the law was presented by an Islamist and in an Islamic context has again deepened the seemingly never-ending split between Egypt’s already conflicting powers of secularists vis-à-vis Islamists.

Youssef

See how Mo/allah is a murderer. A nurse in hospital has to pray to him first while patient is dying!!! What a wonderful set of morals Muslims have!! And these people are already here in our hospitals!

This article has a particular interest to me, not because of Islam, but because my mother suffered to death over hours due to medical negligence and malpractice in a local nursing home…I won’t bore you with details, but I was lied to by the staff and by state investigators when I filed a complaint with them…It got to be obvious to me that everyone was trying to protect the facility rather than residents…I persisted with my complaints in writing and in phone calls, it took a year before a competent investigator was assigned, proved my complaints were valid and issued the facility two $1000 fines and citations…Not enough in my estimation…A lawyer informed me that you can’t sue for anothers pain and suffering…but I can warn people…If you have a loved one in a nursing home, be right on top of what is going on…You have rights under the law, know what they are…My research about that was enlightening…Had I fully known what the families rights were, I might have been able to help my mother…

These Islamic prayers are screwing up the Islamic world.

For example in Egypt the average civil servant does – approx 25 mins work each day due to trips to and from prayers!!

A disaster in terms of the productivity expected in the modern world!!

And these averages will likely worsen with the new Islamist government and increased religiosity.

Muslims are doing their best to convince the Christian world that Jesus would have followed Muhammad – but Jesus said – pray quietly – if Muslims were wondering why no one was competing with them on the ostentatious prayer front – this is it!!

Jesus cautioned against making a public display of prayer (Matthew 6:5) and he urged his disciples to “go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret” (Matthew 6:6).

The prostrating Islamic prayers – according to one Hindu source – were more to do with the pre-Islamic Kaaba religion. And aspects of Hindu, prayer ritual or ceremony can be found in them – particularly circumambulating the Kaaba [black stone, Mecca] – continues to practised, now, as a part of the Hindu wedding ceremony.

This man has placed his religious practise above patient care and it resulted in the loss of a life.

And is a part of the arrogance that has been encouraged – here in the west – around Islam.

If you are working, first you have a duty to serve.

It’s true…Muslims do love death more than life…and anything they can do to expedite the death of someone…the merrier they are..

Deport all Muslims and you won’t have outrageous problems like this that have to be suffered and managed by us added on to all the other problems we already have. Then we can get back to the normal headaches of our normal problems, without having to burden ourselves with Islam — this extra unnecessary unorganic blackhead on the ass of the imperfect cosmos.

Can you wait for the day we have the balls and brains to implement Operation: The Straw That Broke The Camel’s Back? I know I can’t.

This praying parasite will not be dismissed.

He cannot and will not change his dogmatic ways.

He is inside the Western system.

Such cases will become more commonplace in the ‘welfare’ areas of Western societies.

Similarly, in public hospitals, Muslim staff refuse to wash their hands in antiseptic in case it contains alcohol.

Our lives are in such Muslim hands.

Important point that many of you have missed

To me this is more of a hospital staff training issue. That Mrs Shaw didn’t know she could override the nurses decision tells me that hospital staff did not have training on how to handle situations on their own. Most places have a staff seniority list and escalation procedures when an emergency happens. The fact that Mrs Shaw did not know she could override the nurses decision until after this happened tells me the Hospital didn’t do their job in training.

I am a manager at the place I work at and we do have procedures for what our escalation procedures are and who goes about doing what in the event I am not around. In my opinion, the Muslim Nurse did not do anything wrong per se.

One thing I should point out is that the staff should have felt like they could “bug” the Muslim Nurse to come and help with the situation. It is annoying for someone in management position as you always hope that your staff knows how to handle these kinds of things, but then again this is why you are put in the management position in the first place, you know the job. You should be expected to stop what you are doing and focus on the emergency.

In my opinion, the Hospital shares the bulk of the blame for training issue, followed by the Nurse who made for a hostile work environment where his subordinates feared his anger for being disturbed during prayer.

I also want to express my empathy for what you went through with your mother duh_swami. Elder care facilities, for the most part, in Ontario Canada, are pretty much in the same dire condition.

I don’t know how old you and your mother were when she passed (that is not really the point here), I also lost my mother to a particularly lethal and fast-progressing cancer (when I was 25 and she was only 51), whose life-long profession was that of a critical-care nurse, so I understand your pain.

Further to my comment to duh_swami and anyone else who may be experiencing problems with their loved elderly one(s)in a care facility, it would probably be a good idea to get an experienced lawyer in care-facility negligence cases involved right away, to take action not only for yourself and your loved one (holding them accountable for their negligence) but also so that this facility will be warned against perpetrating their negligence toward any other resident, present or future.

These places, for the most part, are profit-driven so the best way to make them pay, and pay attention, is to hit them in the pocketbook, hard.

Salam alakam brothers and sisters yes i am a muslim woman and to hear what you guys had to say about Islam was very offensive not only to me but every other muslim out there. Allah(swt) is most merciful and kind if you ignorant people dont know anything about Islam then i would apprciate it if youd stop creating these misconciptions about Islams false intentions on hurting other poeple and murdering them becuase infact Islam is one of the most peaceful/fair religions in the world so please before any of you go pointing fingins at Islam and saying all these false things go read the Qoran and understand it then come talk all you want. Just because one muslim made a mistake do not judge all muslims by that one man. once again please go read the Qoran so you understand the true meaning of Islam but if you do not want to read it then please keep your mouths shut beause you do not know anything about Islam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsmYQl3xy_Y
    i recommend you watch this video

good point

our super tolerant equivalence people should examine this … while eliminating one kufir … it might bring legal problems and, of course, complaint from the poor victims of the mosque who only do as Allah commands and cannot do their job in concert with others who do not

Actually,no.

When confronted with with an issue they can’t warp to their view,they choose to ignore it.At most,they mention it quietly,out of the sides of their mouths,when they hope noone is paying attention.

“Huh?Someone fell down?…oh……..Hey!How about that (insert leftist topic-of-the-month here),though!”

No end in sight…..

But agency nurse Abdul Bhutto, who was in charge, said they would have to wait.

Carer Zoe Shaw told the Sheffield hearing: “It took between five and ten minutes because he was praying upstairs in the office on his prayer mat. A staff member told me we had to wait for him to finish.”
    ………………………………….

This is even worse than I thought. Not only would the Muslim nurse not help his patient, he *wouldn’t let anyone else help her, either*.

And I agree with Lorenzo Pilaf: This is only go to worsen.

Duh Swami wrote:

……………………………..

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother, Swami.

I worked at a nursing home when I was sixteen, and was given responsibilities well beyond my ability to handle properly”and the place I worked was hardly the worst facility, either. No great mishaps while I was working there, but that seemed due to luck as much as anything.

There’s nothing wrong with nursing homes and elder care in general in the West that can’t be rendered even worse with a large influx of Infidel-hating Muslim staff, though.

************

The trouble with this is that there are plenty of people walking around with Muslim names who are apostates. You can’t get a more Muslim name than Mehmet Caner, yet he is a professional Christian theologian.

Wri7913 wrote:

…………………………….

I’m afraid I have to strongly disagree, Wri. For a nurse to refuse to take care of a patient right away when other staff notify him that a patient has fallen is inexcusable.

It is possible that he might then have been ethical”that is, honestly mistaken”in his decision that she didn’t need further medical care.

But for him to refuse to attend her when staff believed her to be in crisis *was* very much wrong.