Organization of Islamic Cooperation top dog urges member countries to intensify efforts to resolve “Islamophobia”
If the OIC really wants to resolve “Islamophobia,” it doesn’t really have to stamp out the freedom of speech, although that is what it is determined to do. Here is a much preferable way. The OIC can do these things, and call on Muslims in the U.S. and elsewhere to do them as well:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively, sincerely, honestly, and in deeds, not just in comforting words, not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace the U.S. Constitution (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that American and Israeli civilians are innocent people, teaching accordingly in mosques and Islamic schools, and behaving in accord with these new teachings.
3. Teach, again sincerely and honestly, in transparent and verifiable ways in mosques and Islamic schools, the imperative of Muslims coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis, and act accordingly.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach sincerely against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.
5. Actively and honestly work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
If Muslims do those five things, voila! “Islamophobia” will evanesce!
“OIC urges member-countries to resolve problem with Islamophobia,” from Trend, June 18:
Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has urged member-countries to intensify efforts in resolving Islamophobia, the organization said today.
“It is necessary to resolve the problem with Islamophobia as it is undergoing a new phase, when it is used in Europe for political gains,” he said.
He added that some European politicians promote hatred toward foreigners and Islam rather than engage in economic and social problems of the country.