Bangladesh: Muslims torch Buddhist temples & homes in rage over photo of burned Qur’an

But remember: if you stand up against this madness and call it what it is, you’re a “racist” and an “Islamophobe.”

“Officials: Angry Muslims torch Buddhist temples, homes in Bangladesh over burned Quran photo,” from the Associated Press, September 30 (thanks to all who sent this in):

COX”S BAZAR, Bangladesh “” Thousands of Bangladeshi Muslims angry over an alleged derogatory photo of the Islamic holy book Quran on Facebook set fires in at least 10 Buddhist temples and 40 homes near the southern border with Myanmar, authorities said Sunday.

The violence began late Saturday and continued until early Sunday, said Nojibul Islam, a police chief in the coastal district of Cox’s Bazar.

He said the situation was under control Sunday afternoon after extra security officials were deployed and the government banned public gatherings in the troubled area.

He said at least 20 people were injured in the attacks that followed the posting of a Facebook photo of a burned copy of the Quran. The rioters blamed the photo on a local Buddhist boy, though it was not immediately clear if the boy actually posted the photo.

Bangladesh’s popular English-language Daily Star newspaper quoted the boy as saying that the photo was mistakenly tagged on his Facebook profile. The newspaper reported that soon after the violence broke out, the boy”s Facebook account was closed and police escorted him and his mother to safety.

Joinul Bari, chief government administrator in Cox’s Bazar district, said authorities detained the boy”s parents and were investigating.

Buddhists make up less than 1 percent of Muslim-majority Bangladesh’s 150 million people….

Egypt asks Germany to return Coptic Christian blogger so he can face prosecution for "insulting Islam"
"He swiped my speech!"

Comments

HE was tagged by a Muzzie no doubt. You are a lot less likely to get caught doing that than shoving burned pages in a bag carried by a mentally challenged girl.

It wasn’t the movie that caused them to destroy and murder?
    Is that sharia vigilantism? That’s where thousands of Mahoundians collectively decide they are going to carry out sharia penalty’s with or without official fatwa or sharia conviction…It is a holy action to them, a murderous mob to the sane…If this is not visible savagery, what is it?

This is not Islam …it is illiteracy, these folks in Bangledesh need some serious education, considering that country is perhaps the most tolerant, liberal and officially a secular country with many Judges, professors and high government officials who are hindoos.

A friend of mine from Canada, who lived in that country for 2 years as textile buyer told me. Bangladesh is not like Afghanistan or northwest Pakistan or any Arab country. It is an open society, very democratic and freedom abound including good disco,bars and restaurants.

Rioting in Bangladesh caused Buddhist temples to be burned and dozens of homes destroyed. The thousands in the angry mob were surely inspired by the Grand Mufti who saw a good opportunity to receive Jizya.

“This is not Islam”

If I had a nickel for every time I had that phrase when muslims yet again go rioting and rampaging….

Who do you think you’re fooling? Wherever muslims flip out, that is the real Islam, because Islam is a violent crazy death cult to its core because it’s based on the behavior of your lunatic prophet.

“But remember: if you stand up against this madness..”

It’s not enough to “stand up against this madness”. On the ground, this madness is caused by a “mob” or some “rioters” and it’s almost impossible to pinpoint the actual perpetrators.
    This madness won’t stop until we give the police the right to shoot and inflict great casualties on the mob itself; everywhere, everytime.

This burned Qur’an business; I wouldn’t want to put ideas into people’s heads, but a photo-shopped ‘burned’ Qur’an looks pretty much like the real thing, doesn’t it.

I mean, a photo-shopped image of al-Zawahiri reading Al Qur’an while it was burning like billy-o would be incendiary, wouldn’t it. :))

But as I say, I wouldn’t want to put ideas into anyone’s head!

The volatile temper cultivated in Islam is its Achilles heel. Any superpowers if not restrained by international laws can easily harness it to take down their governments. The UN will not remain relevant without the support of the superpowers. The superpowers too will eventually dwindle to a single formidable supreme who will not toleration Islam, who will level all Muslim relics as Iran uprooted Baha’is faith. As violent and as ambitious as Islam, it will veritably not inherit the earth.

I can see after a few weeks in this islomophobia spreading site is how few but regular poster or Islamophobia spreading foot soldiers hangs or hide here and ambush innocent minds of people with lies and distorted facts about Islam.

I am more than certain, these Islamophobia spreading sites are Zionist and rightwing neo-nazi Christian supported and perhaps funded.

I stand by my statement that ” This is not Islam …it is illiteracy ‘ I am 100% correct. Few Al-Qaida, Salafism, and Mullah Omar Taliban types of fanatics are not the representative 99.9% of the Muslim population in the world. Eve there are Talibaans that do not agree with Mullah Omar version.

You guys should spread love in this world and not hates on behalf of Zionism. Because, no matter what you do. Vable Palestine is going to be a reality soon! Palestinians will not be the victim like A-Malekites.

Reading stuff like this I wish there were a direct link to contact these scumbag’s mosques or Imams directly and tell them what a bunch of low-life, inbred bunch of social retards I think they are.

I just can’t comprehend why people are afraid. Why did Eric Bell go into hiding? Cant he afford a gun?

And that’s another thing. We should start some kind of legislation allowing everybody who has been threatened by these religious perverts “right to carry” or concealed weapons permits.

If I didn’t have just one pistol, (can’t carry around a shotgun), and weren’t afraid of the fascists who call themselves police here in Riverside confiscating it, I’d carry mine all the time. Still, if anybody wants to find me, they could if they tried hard enough.

And that’s the pisser. I wish things were going a little bit better in my life right now. I’m not whining. Things are tough all over. It would be just…..a gift from God if one of these scumbags started something and allowed me to take my frustrations out on him. I’ve been beaten by “crowds”. Shot at. Had my ass thumped more times than I can count so that’s no problem. I just hear all this stuff about these cowards going after defenseless people like Van Gogh and others and…grind my teeth in frustration knowing that these cowards NEVER go after people who can defend themselves.

Larry A. Singleton
    Riverside CA.

Dear Wellington, I couldn’t agree more. Islam and Nazism are the worst ideologies that were ever invented and ain’t it funny, that they’re so similar? I could laugh, if it wasn’t all so sad and when I think of the cost of lives…

As for Marxism, Marx had some good ideas. He coined the term “added value”. The only problem is his ideology isn’t viable, it needs perfect human beings. So we still have to stick to our imperfect democracy which is the best we can get. Humans are just imperfect beings. But we can still enjoy our lives.

If it’s not Islam then why did they get upset over a picture of a burned Quran? Do you get upset over burned Qurans? Does the sight of a burned Quran make you want to run right our and kill Budhists?

The perpetrators of 9/11 were not illiterate. Indeed, the most dangerous Muslims tend to be better educated. It’s not a matter of education or the lack thereof. It’s the Islam, stupid.

Desperately trying to protect Islam, you wrote: ‘The thousands in the angry mob were surely inspired by the Grand Mufti..’

And what ‘inspired the Grand Mufti …….?’ Islam, of course.

Hi danny! You wrote: ‘This is not Islam …it is illiteracy,..’

But illiteracy is Sunnah! And your self-appointed word-blind prophet was a violent man, too. He robbed caravans and oversaw the murder of 800 bound prisoners, not to mention ordering the murders of others who criticized him.

I’m afraid you and chowching are still clowns!

Mobs of Muslim slaves incited by their Grand Mufti are burning Churches and Temples of the Christian and Buddhist minorities. The motive of the Mufti is to increase his Jizya (extortion money), and it always gets paid. This ugly practice will end when Navy Seals seize the extortionists and transport them to Guantanamo. There they will be water boarded until they disclose the names of their racketeering partners. Drones can soon be dispatched to bust the butts of the untouchable Islamic Mafia. Allah and Muhammad will then have to get jobs making an honest buck.

You wrote: ‘The motive of the Mufti is to increase his Jizya (extortion money), and it always gets paid.’

Can you please confirm clearly and simply that Muftis are engaged in extortion, a criminal act. Thanks!

The perps of 9/11 were mostly well educated. The ringleader Mohammed Atta passed his exam in urban planning at 1.3, very good level. However he was very stupid, as he believed 72 virgins were waiting for him in paradise. You can read that in Robert’s “Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam”. Islam seems to curtail logical thinking or even cut it off entirely.

Hope you’re doing fine, my friend. This chowching is a pain in the behind, to put it politically correctly.

Yes, epistemology, very well educated people can still be stupid. I know some with PhDs. I suppose “foolish” would probably be a more accurate term than “stupid” but, what the hell, “stupid” is a close enough description for me. I’m reminded here of what Arthur Schopenhauer observed (and which I’ve mentioned a few times here at JW) and that is that any amount of foolishness can be instilled in a human being if you get them early enough (you, of course, would know how Schopenhauer put it in the original German—I’m just paraphrasing here in English). And there is indeed something about Islam that curtails or even eliminates logic. Islam does terrible things to the mind (and to body parts on many occasions).

Hope you’re tolerating at least reasonably well all the nonsense where Islam is concerned and the silly deference still extended to it by way too many on both sides of the Atlantic. Take care, my friend. Ah, the fight never ends against ignorance and hate. Too bad ignorance and hate weren’t banished long ago from the human species, but they haven’t been and won’t be as long as Islam hangs around. There are few guarantees in life but one of them is that Islam will invariably retard mankind wherever it exists.

So, I’ve got these ideas in my head…

Photoshopped pictures of Obama throwing a Qur’an, or of Hillary burning one, or of Mona spray painting one, or…

Musing about the right words is very helpful. After some pondering I think that “moronic” might be the appropriate term. But anyway we’ve got the same understanding of the problem. Islam kills both logic and people.

As for Schopenhauer I’m not very familiar with him. He had some good ideas, but I never liked him, because he had anti-Semitic tendencies. As you know, I’m pretty touchy on that subject. All my love to you and your family.

Understand fully on the Schopenhauer front, epistemology. Well, to the extent that anyone is anti-Semitic, I reject that aspect of their existence (e.g., Wagner) while still, at times, acknowledging certain attributes that such a person may possess. Were I Jewish, I think it more probable that I would not be so understanding, and so I’ve long respected the rights of Jews, such as yourself, to be more critical, more aware, of an anti-Semite than a Gentile like me.

Jews have every right to be extra skeptical. History is overwhelmingly on their side here confirming the validity of such skepticism. Reminds me here of the old line that just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. No one can invoke this old maxim with more legitimacy than Jews.

“Moronic” is a good word. As good as any other and probably better than most. One thing I concluded long ago and that is that education is no guarantee against silly thinking. In fact, as the great English historian, Paul Johnson, has cogently argued, no group of human beings have done more harm to mankind than the intellectuals. Helps, in part, to explain why I appreciate the way many Americans have viewed intellectuals for centuries now—-as eggheads, this term itself, I believe, being coined in America.

Stay well, my friend. Long live Israel. Long live the Jewish people, easily one of the greatest people in history. Oh yeah, and screw Islam, just about the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind, right up there with Nazism and Marxism.