France: Muslims call on Hollande to denounce "Islamophobia"
Posted by Robert on November 9, 2012 10:35 AM
Any kind of attack on innocent people is utterly reprehensible. If Muslims in France believe they are the recipients of unjustified suspicion, however, they can end "Islamophobia" without Hollande having to say a word. Here's how:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively, sincerely, honestly, and in deeds, not just in comforting words, not just "terrorism," but any intention to replace the French constitution (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that non-Muslim civilians, including Israelis, are innocent people, teaching accordingly in mosques and Islamic schools, and behaving in accord with these new teachings.
3. Teach, again sincerely and honestly, in transparent and verifiable ways in mosques and Islamic schools, the imperative of Muslims coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis, and act accordingly.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach sincerely against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.
5. Actively and honestly work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
If Muslims do those five things, voila! "Islamophobia" will evanesce!
"Muslims call on Hollande to speak out," from  UPI, November 9 (thanks to Block Ness):
PARIS, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- French Muslims have called on President Francois Hollande to make a "solemn declaration" against Islamophobia as he has against anti-Semitism in the past.
Leaders of the Muslim umbrella body, the CFCM met with Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault Thursday to discuss what they called a rise in Islamophobia, Radio France Internationale reported.
The group said anti-Muslim acts rose 34 percent in 2011.
CFCM called on Hollande to condemn Islamophobia in a "solemn declaration," similar to when he spoke out against anti-Semitism.
Article printed from Jihad Watch: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/11/france-muslims-call-on-hollande-to-denounce-islamophobia.htmlURLs in this post: