Not only did Obama Administration officials lie when they blamed the attack on the Muhammad video, but by fixing upon it as the cause of the attack, they were obliquely blaming the freedom of speech, and adding to the case for restricting it. “Analysis of social media in Libya finds no reference to anti-Islam film on day of attack,” by Catherine Herridge for FoxNews.com, December 18:
As the State Department began Tuesday to circulate a highly anticipated report into what happened in the Sept. 11 Libya consulate attack, a separate analysis found that the first reference to the anti-Islam film that was initially blamed for sparking the attack was not detected on social media until a day later.
The independent review of more than 4,000 postings was conducted by a leading social media monitoring firm.
“From the data we have, it’s hard for us to reach the conclusion that the consulate attack was motivated by the movie. Nothing in the immediate picture — surrounding the attack in Libya — suggests that,” Jeff Chapman, chief executive with Agincourt Solutions told Fox News.
Chapman says his analysts reviewed postings in Libya, including those from Benghazi, over a three-day period beginning on Sept. 11.
After identifying a geographic area and isolating a time frame, Chapman says his analysts can then “vacuum” up all of the social media postings, which are then analyzed in the original language using mathematical models. The firm previously has done work for government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
“We have seen no traffic in Benghazi — in the immediate lead up to the attack – related to the anti-Islam film,” Chapman said. “There is a single source reporting on the evening of 9/11 that roads leading to the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were blocked. We also believe we have identified at least one individual who may have been involved – based on our analysis – that he posted a picture of himself attacking the consulate with an RPG.”…