Sharia in action in Pakistan: Heavily-armed Muslims storm wedding, demand end to "anti-religious" celebrations
Posted by Robert on December 6, 2012 11:49 AM
Music: haram. Disrupting a wedding function, destroying musical instruments, and threatening those attending: pleasing to Allah.
Hadith Qudsi 19:5: "The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance." (The Hadith Qudsi, or holy Hadith, are those in which Muhammad transmits the words of Allah, although those words are not in the Qur'an.)
Muhammad also said:
(1) "Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance."
(2) "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress."
(3) "Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage."
(4) "This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones." Someone asked, "When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?" and he said, "When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful."
(5) "There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ...." -- 'Umdat al-Salik r40.0
"‘Unreligious music’: Over two dozen militants storm wedding function," by Riaz Ahmad for the  Express Tribune, December 6 (thanks to all who sent this in):
Twenty-five heavily-armed militants stormed into a wedding function in Hamid Machine village late Tuesday night and demanded the ‘anti-religious’ celebrations to stop.
The militants, carrying rocket launchers and machine guns, destroyed musical instruments in the hujra of a resident Younas, whose wedding was scheduled for Friday.
“Around 10 men entered the hujra where the mehndi was taking place and 15 others waited outside the building,” said a local elder, requesting anonymity. He added that militants had said that this was against religion and not allowed in ‘their’ area. Locals said it was the first time such an incident had happened.
Residents added that the militants’ hostile attitude towards Adezai villagers was well-known but it is the first time that militants had interfered with people in Hamid Mahcine on Azakhel road. The incident has sent a wave of panic across the region.
Former head of the Adezai Aman militia, Dilawar Khan criticised the police for not handling the situation. “The police is entirely responsible,” he said, “they are reluctant to take action against militants and their sympathisers in the area.”
Dilawar said the act was alarming as it indicates the presence of militancy in the area despite his militia having been disbanded. “The writ of the government is limited to the daytime after which militants freely roam the area,” he said.
Mattani police said that they have had no information about the incident and that no one had approached them in this regard.
Militants have previously declared the people of nearby Mattani village ‘neutral’ and have pledged time and time again not to target them. Inhabitants of other nearby villages were also expecting the same, but after their call to bar playing music, locals have become fearful....
Article printed from Jihad Watch: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/12/sharia-in-action-in-pakistan-heavily-armed-muslims-storm-wedding-demand-end-to-anti-religious-celebr.htmlURLs in this post: