Robert Spencer: Outing the Gun Owners and the Left’s New Savagery

At The American Thinker today I discuss the Left’s increasingly open thuggery and fascism. Meanwhile, new evidence of this has come in today, in the form of a New Hampshire state representative who wants to restrict the freedom of conservatives.

As Michael Walsh noted last week at PJ Media, the Westchester Journal News has published the name and addresses of legal gun owners in Westchester County, New York. While many have rightly upbraided the paper for endangering innocent people and giving criminals a map of homes without guns, the paper has stuck to its guns (so to speak!), not only defending its action but warning that more gun owners will soon be outed. And thus in a nutshell we see the Left’s narcissistic, solipsistic and savage new moralism.

The Journal News editors believe that they are in the right to victimize Westchester gun owners, making them subject to possible vigilante attacks, legal harassment, and who knows what else, because they think they have the moral high ground, and are so morally obtuse as to assume that since they have that high ground, any action in its service is justified.

The American Left, which thoroughly dominates the mainstream media, no longer believes, if it ever did, in the concept of reasonable and respectable people disagreeing in good faith on core issues; it increasingly demonstrates that it believes all opposition to its own outlook and policies must never be tolerated, but only eradicated. Its opposition is never to be engaged on the level of ideas, but only ridiculed and held up as evil. The Left has done nothing but demonize its opposition for years. Organizations like Media Matters routinely repeat remarks made by conservative politicians and commentators as if they were obviously risible and/or morally offensive, without ever bothering to explain why or to offer a substantive refutation of any kind. They and others like them never debate or discuss issues, but only deal with their opposition with endless games of “gotcha” and searches for “gaffes.”

After the Left has played such games for so long, this new level of savagery was perhaps inevitable. For the Westchester Journal News, owners of legal guns are evil, and thus have no rights they are bound to respect. For the Left in general, their opponents are evil, and so can and should even be put in physical danger if that is what is needed in order to bring about its silence and submission.

This savagery grows more common by the day, and doesn’t extend only to gun owners. I myself have been on the receiving end of this thuggery because of my work in opposing the global jihad and Islamic supremacism — as has my colleague Pamela Geller and other defenders of the freedom of speech and equality of rights for all people. A Leftist journalist named Nathan Lean, the editor-in-chief of Aslan Media, who has been published in the Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and New York Daily News, has sent me several tweets and emails containing personal information about myself: where he thinks I live, who he thinks my wife is, and more.

The purpose of these messages was unmistakable: Lean was signaling to me that he thought he knew my whereabouts (and that of my family), despite my attempts to conceal them because of the many death threats I receive. And why would he want me to think that he knew where I was? So that I would be frightened into silence, afraid that one of his many violence-inclined allies might do me in if I continued to speak out for freedom and human rights. Yet despite his appetite for menace, Lean had no trouble getting published in flagship mainstream media outlets — which tells you a great deal about them….

There is more.

Robert Spencer: Unholy Alliance Comes Out of the Shadows and Into Your Living Room
Robert Spencer: A Subway Murder and the "˜Islamophobia" Industry

Comments

This is unacceptable behavior and amounts to a hate crime against registered gun owners, many of whom are policemen of different varieties…The irresponsibility of this is mind blowing…They have rendered everyone of those households vulnerable for criminal acts and disruptions…The guilty employee’s of this paper should be arrested…

Delicious: “Newspaper campaigning against gun ownership posts armed guards” Blazing Cat Fur
    WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. ” A New York newspaper that unleashed a public outcry after it published the names and addresses of residents with pistol permits is being protected by armed guards.
    The guards have been posted at its White Plains headquarters and in a satellite office in West Nyack since last week, publisher Janet Hasson said. “The safety of my staff is my top priority,” she told The New York Times

That The Left has done nothing but demonize its opposition for years. is a stunningly hypocritical projection. Why does so much I find here have a right-wing dogma caboose? Why so little independent thought?

Once you’ve been proven factually wrong in public, you can no longer prove yourself right, so there’s only two possible responses left to you: admit it and thank your educator for enlightening you, or evasively try blustering to deflect attention from your mistakes, by distracting people with irrelevant examples of your accuser’s own mistakes, to attempt to “prove” them to be wrong, “too!” i.e: Blame your victims!

This is where people turn mistakes from mere negligence into criminal negligence, more or less by slanderously asserting: “Screw you! I meant to do that, because I knew you were gonna make me do it, so it’s all your fault! Whee!” Then they follow up with “There are no real crimes, because we all do it, too – even you make mistakes!” This is immoral relativism and the false ’emotion’ of subjective “jealousy!”

So, never having any facts which would ever agree with their perpetual irrationality, the left must always resort to the slanderous evasions known collectively as the critical thinking logical fallacies – the deflective ad-hominem personal attacks, the distractive strawman red-herrings, and of course the immoral relativist’s favorite, the tu quoque – i.e: “islam isn’t evil because we all do it too! Whee!” As if simply comparing many different categories of wrong, somehow made one of them into a right!

Isn’t it funny that people who actually have facts, rarely (if ever) seem to feel the need to indulge in fallacies?

😉

Tom Billesley wrote:

……………………

With all respect, Tom, I don’t believe this is “delicious””I believe it is bullsh*t.

The implication is that they are not endangering the law-abiding people whom they “outed”, but that these same people are supposedly threatening the paper and its staff.

This is almost certainly an ugly publicity stunt intended to further smear the people they have already unfairly defamed. Ugh.

Meanwhile, good people like Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller *really do* receive death threats from violent Jihdists all the time.