Brown University prof apologizes for inviting Ray Kelly, asks students for list of acceptable speakers

I spoke to a packed house of over 300 students at Brown in October 2007; there were a few louts in the back trying to shout me down, and the question period was full of the usual self-righteous and ignorant Leftist rants that one expects on college campuses these days, but I was able to make myself heard. Now it looks as if things have gotten much worse at Brown — and, I suspect, at campuses all over the country. Leftist and Islamic supremacist students imitate the Nazi brownshirts of the early 1930s, who would show up at lectures by anti-Nazi professors and shout them down, sometimes roughing them up as well. Instead of standing up to this, then as now university officials let it happen. In this case, Brown professor Marion Orr even asked the thuggish neo-brownshirts for a list of speakers who would be acceptable to them, after wistfully saying: “I thought that you all, my Brown students, would challenge him in a fundamental kind of way. I don’t think he could”ve withstood it if you guys had challenged him in that kind of way. There’s no way he could have stood up to it. That’s what I wanted you all to do.”

Orr is out of sync with the times. University students don’t challenge opinions with which they disagree anymore. They don’t engage rationally. Nor do Leftists and Islamic supremacists in general. Instead, they just shout down their opponents, or get their events shut down, while smearing them with all manner of ad hominems. If Orr wants a rational debate, he will have to leave academia.

“Brown Prof apologizes for inviting Ray Kelly,” by William A. Jacobson at Legal Insurrection, October 31 (thanks to Anne Crockett):

We previously have reported on the shout down of NYC Police Commissioner Ray Kelly at Brown University on Tuesday, causing cancellation of his lecture:

A public forum was held at Brown last night to discuss the controversy generated by preventing Kelly from speaking.  The forum was reported live by multiple campus student publications.

One of the early speakers was Marion Orr, Professor of Political Science, Public Policy and Urban Studies.  Orr also is Director of the A. Alfred Taubman Center for Public Policy and American Institutions, which invited Kelly.

Orr apologized “especially to my black students and Latino brothers and sisters” for the “hurt” he caused by inviting Kelly, and indicated he did not expect such a reaction.

Orr also requested a list of people he should not invite in the future. I spoke with Orr, who said that he meant that request for a list as “tongue in cheek” and that everyone in the room understood that he did not really want such a list. Orr said that he was trying to make a point along the lines of “do you really want to have a list?” Orr did not dispute the substance of the quotes attributed to him regarding the list, but disputed what he meant by the request.

The Brown Daily Herald reported, Hundreds assemble to confront Kelly controversy (emphasis added):

Marion Orr, director of the Taubman Center, which sponsored Kelly”s lecture, expressed regret for the controversy.

“I sincerely apologize to my students,” Orr said. “Especially to my black students and Latino brothers and sisters “” it wasn’t my intention to hurt you, and it hurts me to hear that my decision caused so much pain.”

Orr asked the students to submit a list of speakers whom they would not approve of coming to campus, adding that he never expected the intense reaction to Kelly”s event….

Egypt: Student arrested for "insulting religion" on claims he started atheist Facebook group
UK: Heathrow Airport employee fired over alleged insult to Islam

Comments

Why are so many universities…forums of CRITICAL THOUGHT…unable to hold an evening of rational discussion about a controversial subject.

Why can they not…after so many years…plan a forum that will successfully allow differing sides to air the merits of respective cases?

Why do they continue to allow the ‘heckler’s veto’?

Is it cowardness or stupidity? Or both?

There’s no excuse for not knowing what to do or how to arrange it!

This type of Brown-Shirt tactic exists here in canada on our campuses and it’s insane how some leftist,liberal,progressives have joined forces with the islamic-Supremacy thugs when they share a common hatred for someone, or, a belief that threatens their perception of reality.

The University Of Toronto has a Pro-hamas group of islamic supremacy goons that are also pro-Shariah law rabid savages that endorse the Misogynistic, Homophobic,child-bride friendly Iran and Saudi Arabia. These brain-dead yahoos managed to unite with some self-hating Jewish students to form the QuAIA ( Queers Agaianst Israeli Aparteid) group.
    For the last several years the Toronto gay Pride parade has allowed two Pro-Jihad/Hamas islamic supreamcy based groups to march with them as if islam and gays share the same crusade for Human Rights and equality.
    The Brown-Shirt types inflict so much fear into many Corporations in canada that not one of the PRIDE sponsors has pulled out of the parade to denouce the brutal murdering of gays in Iran, gaza,Saudi Arabia,Syria, or most of the OIC hell-holes that even sanction flogging women and their quasi-pedophilia for old males to marry little girls to emulate their prophet.

The head of the NDP( Jack Layton, RIP) in canada, and Obama in the USA, have both opined about the obscene Debts students have once they finish University.
    I agree, but for a different reason . I too would be angry if my Son or Daughter dropped close to $50,000.00 at Brown University only to come out just as stupid as when the enrolled 3 years earlier with NO useful skills .

As we all know this exact same thing happened (deliberately orchestrated interruptions) a few years ago on the Cal State Irvine Campus in Southern California. The orchestrated interruption was directed towards the Ambassador of Israel,Michael Oren during a campus speech.

The involved students were successfully prosecuted by a no nonsense County prosecutor in that case. Will we see such action by Brown? –doubtful.

“How can this be happening in the USA?”

**********

It is the bitter fruit of the “60’s, when it became fashionable to “blame America first”.

And the very worst of the America hating leftists from that time became “University Professors” and produced the foolish and ignorant people who elected Obama – TWICE.

May God help us and save us from our suicidal stupidity.

OT:

Sam Harris, regarding the “Islamic Peace Conference” question-and-answer shown in the lined video: ” […] The organizers of this conference believe (with good reason) that “extremist” views are not rare among Muslims, even in the West. And they consider the media’s denial of this fact to be a symptom of… Islamophobia. The serpent of obscurantism has finally begun to devour its own tail. Apparently, it is a sign of racism to imagine that only a tiny minority of Muslims could actually condone the subjugation of women and the murder of apostates. How dare you call us “extremists” when we represent so many? We are not extreme. This is Islam. They have a point. And it is time for secular liberals and (truly) moderate Muslims to stop denying it.”

It’s Not the ”Radical Shaykh” it’s Islam – Fahad Qureshi

I have this to say and I say it with deep conviction, even with passion, based on both personal experience and a knowledge of history. Here it is: All those who have criticized those of us here at JW for not being more accommodating to liberals, for not creating a wider tent to insure that Islamic supremacist designs don’t succeed in America (and all the West), simply don’t comprehend that modern liberalism is the new fascism (as evidenced by the recent occurrings at Brown). And trying to be diplomatic with fascists is futile in the extreme, Exhibit #1 here being the Munich debacle of 1938.

Actually, and as I have written before here several times at JW, the ultimate problem respecting the preservation of liberty and Western Civilization at its best, is not, I repeat NOT, Islam. No, rather it is the monumental stupidity of modern leftism. Coming in second is not Islam again, but rather ignorance of Islam, even by folks who should know better, Bush 43 being exhibit #1 here (the inevitable result of PC/MC nonsense, the debasement of liberal arts education in the West and a general erosion of understanding and confidence in what Western Civilization has produced). If modern leftism and general ignorance of Islam did not exist, taking care of Islam, deeply dysfunctional, destructive and desultory belief system that it is, would not be that hard.

Of all the posts I have contributed here at JW over the years, I know of none that I have written with more passion. None.

And so the clueless cowards at Brown are nothing more than evidence in microcosm of the greatest threat to the best of Western Civilization, bar none, even the damn Marxists and Nazis who couldn’t, unlike Islam, hide behind a religious veil and appeal to as many useful idiots as Islam has.

… pro-Shariah law rabid savages that endorse the Misogynistic, Homophobic,child-bride friendly Iran and Saudi Arabia. These brain-dead yahoos managed to unite with some self-hating Jewish students to form the QuAIA ( Queers Agaianst Israeli Aparteid) group.

Man, that one sentence is a wild ride. But, as they say, politics makes for strange bedfellows. Literally.

***

Any president of an Ivy League college is by definition a dumbass. They have to be. Them’s the rules. As I learned in my time working in NYC, there are Ivy League Morons and there are Ivy League Survivors. True, most lesser places of higher learning yearn to keep up with the Morons, and do the best they can even despite the lack of prestige with which to work.

Race permeates America today. Much more so than several years ago. It’s the most primal and by far the strongest political lever out there. So the NYPD was discriminating against blacks and Latinos. Tell that to the black and Latino families urging the police to keep them safe. After all, most people are assaulted, shot and killed by their own.

But who’s gonna keep us safe from the Moslems? Who owns them?

In 1933 the Oxford (UK) Union debated and passed the resolution that;
    “This house will not fight for its King and country’.
    The debate and result were widely publicised. Orr and his ilk are cut from the same cloth. This from the Wikipedia entry on the debate.
    The 18-year-old Patrick Leigh Fermor, who was walking across Europe in 1934, “dreaded” being asked in Germany about the resolution, and tried to explain it was “A kind of joke, really…I could detect a kindling glint of scornful pity and triumph in the surrounding eyes which declared quite plainly their certainty that, were I right, England was too far gone in degeneracy and frivolity to present a problem.”
    Mussolini interpreted the result ass proving that Britain was a “flabby old woman.’
    We all now know that in 1939 the Nazis and Fascists unleashed a conflagration that almost brought civilisation to its knees.

The other night former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani was on the Meaghan Kelly Fox News show discussing this incident. The main point the mayor made is that the stop and frisk campaign in NYC was aimed at saving young black lives. Moreover a large percent of the black residents in the affected areas are supportive. I noticed that the student audience seemed to be mostly of the pale complexion. My guess is that none of them have any life experience with neighborhoods ruled by gang-bangers.

“I sincerely apologize to my students,” Orr said. “Especially to my black students and Latino brothers and sisters ” it wasn’t my intention to hurt you, and it hurts me to hear that my decision caused so much pain.”

Apparently ORR thinks black students and latinos fear speakers like the police commissioner…must be something they’re learning in school….

At the first sign of CAIR indignation liberals bow their heads and turn into groveling vultures.
    Within a nest of appeasement they never talk. They just preen chirp and squawk.
    See them pose tall on their PC perch and hear them sing…
    “dhimmi dhimmi dum dum, dhimmi dhimmi doo doo Allahu.”

I was on the left in the ’60’s as a college student. Today the teaching is to be on the extreme left, not so much then. The monster was created then. It has grown to a size and level of idiocy only the young can tolerate.

What I had read, these anal pores were upset that Commissioner Kelly supports ” STOP & FRISK” (disclaimer–I have friends and acquaintances who live in New York City and love it–would have no problem if police wanted to stop them; feel that it increases the safety for all).

Anyhow, if MANY of these anals were mugged, robbed and beaten, perhaps they would understand that “Stop and Frisk” was ( and is) meant as somewhat of a preventative measure. Yes, profiling-but in many low income minority areas, the law abiding people welcomed it–as it lowered crime, made their lives safer.

Those limousine liberals living in ivory towers need to get into the real world–including the professors and students at the elite schools.

It all starts with the parents. Responsible parents generally produce responsible children.
    That’s not 100% but it works most of the time.

I also plead to everybody here,especially to the Americans,not to fall into the trap called- racism. We will lose the “long war” in that way. Fascism and Islam has no colour. God bless USA for being tge light house of the world upon this issue.

That Sam Harris quote reflects an incoherent confusion of mind which is a fairly common symptom of those who are beginning to grapple with the full catastrophe of Islam, but who are otherwise unable and/or afraid to follow the logic of the data as it radiates out into reasonable inferences and from there into a comprehensive (albeit tentative) judgement. I’d plot Sam Harris as hovering more or less in the vicinity of Daniel Pipes, who as Lawrence Auster has shown brilliantly, has a similar (if not worse) confusion of mind on the subject, for similar psychological reasons one would reasonably conjecture.

Here’s more video evidence of how peaceful and tolerant Muslims are:

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Dearborn Michigan Hate Fest – Dearborn Arab Festival

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Sharia Law: Battlefield London

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Muslim protest in Sydney turns violent

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Muslim behavior in Oslo, Norway

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Islamization of Paris a Warning to the West

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScWXaegHIIk If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Sydney Muslim Protests 15 Sep 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaIAnK75W… If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Second Muslim Night Patrol in Waltham Forest, London

If that address doesn’t work go to You Tube and try: Spain: Muslim Immigration Leads to Islamification

If that address doesn’t work try: Two Afghan Woman Publicly Get Beat With A Whip for Running

If that address doesn’t work try: Wife Beating in Islam – Only a rod will help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4YKxBFUlMI If that address doesn’t work try: The Beslan School Massacre (1 of 6).mpg (a BBC documentary)

If that address doesn’t work try: Violent Muslim Protest in London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y-QIhrtt9U Muslims in Britain demand Sharia law. Watch the video.
    If that doesn’t work You Tube search: Sharia Law in UK Rule of God or Wing of Terrorism?

If that doesn’t work You Tube search: Muslims enforcing Sharia law on the streets of the UK using extreme
    ——-
    When radical liberals like Bill Maher say things like this, you know we’re winning:

Bill Maher – Islam vs Other Religions

God bless the Internet.

“Actually, and as I have written before here several times at JW, the ultimate problem respecting the preservation of liberty and Western Civilization at its best, is not, I repeat NOT, Islam. No, rather it is the monumental stupidity of modern leftism. ”

And as I have said many times on JW (and elsewhere, to no avail, apparently), the tactics and worldview of Leftism would have little or no traction, were it not for a much broader, dominant, mainstream PC MC that is non-Leftist more or less passively, more or less actively enabled, in myriad ways, by millions of non-Leftists throughout the West.

Quite so Wellington, (if I’ve understood you correctly).
    The problem isn’t Islam; it’s the Death of the West. Islam is just moving in like carrion on a corpse.
    The Islamisation of Europe, USA, Australia, Canada is happening for one simple reason: it’s not being stopped!
    We all know the quote but here it is again:
    “All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” Edmund Burke.

Well said, Wellington. I agree on everything you wrote.
    Now, if ” trying to be diplomatic with fascists is futile in the extreme”, then, we’re left with only one option: FORCE.

@ LL –

My head hurts.

And as I just said too, LL, with my “Coming in second is not Islam again, but rather ignorance of Islam, even by folks who should know better…”

I think we are virtually in complete accord respecting the stupidity, the danger, the overall indefensible phenomeon that is PC/MC. Hell, it’s more of a dagger to the heart of Western Civilization than Islam is. Not even a close call I would argue.

LemonLime and Welington and also, Robert Spencer,it is a mistaken perception of yours that such thing as leftist exist. There is no leftism anymory,sincr the left and The right merged into one another after the fall of the USSR. I consider that any leftist in his natural form can not be an ally with any kind of fascist,including the islamofascist. I have respect over the ideas of the french revolutionares, some of the ideas of Marx,but also, I ‘ m aware that the imagined system is a utopia. I consider that Jesus was fond of social justice and to me,he was also a leftist.
    Finnaly, to be a suporter of social justice and to support the freedom of religious believes (but only if those teachings are altruistic) is the platform at which Robert Spencer stands. X

Respectfully, Mo, I think LL’s overall point is that non-Leftists are guilty of timidity and ignorance, courtesy in large part to PC/MC, and this timidity and ignorance facilitates very negative things for Western Civilization at its best. But, LL can speak for himself here. Hope he does ’cause we need to iron all this out once and for all.

“So Leftist tactics such as shutting down any speech they disagree with is the fault of… non-Leftists?”

Non-Leftist PC MCs enable the effectiveness of the sociopolitical agenda of the Leftists. They do this not out of willful culpability (for then we might as well just call them “Leftists” themselves), but through two factors: 1) their broad majority influence over the society of which they are a part; 2) their acquiescence over a long period of time in the worldview and values of PC MC, whose mainstream dominance reflects a sea change in consciousness throughout the modern West, in a sense a “Leftism Lite”, but it’s a Leftism so watered down and softened with cream and sugar as to be palatable even to the majority of, for example, Republicans in US Congress.

Note: when I speak of PC MC at JW, I am only referring to the one issue of the problem of Islam and the problem of all Muslims who enable Islam — I am not speaking of a whole constellation of other issues like gun control, abortion, taxation, pornography, homosexuality, less government spending, yada yada yada.

I disagree with your basic premise, to wit, that modern leftism doesn’t exist.

Oh yes it does. Big time. And it is suffused with all kinds of bad ideas, not the least of which are an enthrallment with government controlling most everything, an abysmal apolgia reflex to excuse bad behavior by non-Westerns, and a woeful understanding of how free markets work.

So, having in mind that the fearless fighter against the jihadist is the French president Hollande,who is a leftist,I appeal that we should change the rethorics and call the foulish adolescent students- idiots,but not- leftists. To me, R. Spencer presents a good example of a devoted freedom fighter. He’ s not a racist, he is not a supportet of Caesaropapism (although a catolic) and he loves jazz,which is all about the quality of the human mind and soul.
    Therefore it is time for him to step on the political sky and lead the nation…I’ m sure that many educated leftist,who know and hate islamofascists,will join him. This is my wish…although be a fiction.

“I have respect over the ideas of the french revolutionares, some of the ideas of Marx …”

**********

Well, that pretty well illustrates where you’re coming from, another seeker of “social justice”. This pretty well describes the current crop of fascists that are attempting to destroy Western Civilization.

But perhaps you are a “moderate” in those beliefs.

**********

“I’ m sure that many educated leftist,who know and hate islamofascists,will join him.”

***********

An “educated leftist, who know(s) and hate(s) islamofascists” – not quite as scarce as unicorns, but close.

Are you one of those rare “educated leftists” who knows and hates Islam?

Just consider all the times here at JW over the past several years Robert Spencer himself has noted how often that he and others (e.g., Pamela Geller) have been threatened or shouted down by leftists. I ask you, how many times lately have rightists shouted down anyone?

Reconsider things. Modern leftism is far more inimical to basic liberties (just look at the stupid speech codes on college campuses in America) at this time in man’s history than anything the worst of the right produces. One knows this or should know it.

Well,there are many sorts and fractions of leftists. Just like there are different ideologies on the Right (Nazzism, nationalism, theocrats etc). Since they are different in very profound way I believe that there should be a new clasification in which the hippy fouls would be extradite fro the “left” block. To fight against islamofascist, you must be more united and create a global concensus upon this issue. Every foul which denies R. SPENCER thesis and who is not a Muslim, should not be called a leftist,but rather a delusioned utopist or a paid by islamists “political prostitute” (depends on the ocassion). Best regards.

“Is it cowardness or stupidity? Or both?”
    All of the above and some: Spiritual Blindness.
    It stems from Adam.
    To understand the horrific situation of today you need to go to the Book of Genesis.
    What was Adam’s temptation (and fall)?
    It was that he, Adam, could decide what is good and what is evil all by himself, without any reference to anything/anyone apart from himself. So he, Adam, would be like God.

“Respectfully, Mo, I think LL’s overall point is that non-Leftists are guilty of timidity and ignorance, courtesy in large part to PC/MC, and this timidity and ignorance facilitates very negative things for Western Civilization at its best. ”

Timidity and ignorance are part of the problem of non-Leftist PC MCs, but those are negative characteristics, and it’s almost more important to note the positive factor you left out: non-Leftist PC MCs have actual positive content in their emotions, their thoughts, their warm and fuzzy and rather ragged tissue of a worldview; and this content when it begins to reflexively kick in to defend a perceived Ethnic Minority and to indulge in the Affirmative Action of handicapping their own West erring on the side of uncharitable assumptions about their own West — all in the name of the positive virtues of “It’s good to see your own faults and not be blindly jingoistic, let’s not make the mistakes of our ancestors who mistreated all those Brown, Yellow, Red and Black people, oh look here, all these Brown Muslims with their fascinating ‘World Culture’, we mustn’t think any negative thoughts about their ‘alternative lifestyle’ else we will begin to succumb to the racist bigotry of our forefathers, I mean look at all the Progress we have made in recent decades with race relations and becoming more and more sensitive to those who are different from us, let’s not lose that…” Etc. This glob of thoughts & emotions may sound Leftist, but I maintain that millions of non-Leftists throughout the West think and feel more or less this way whenever the issue of Islam is pressed too much (and they are hypersensitive about what is “too much”).

As I intimated above, I would conceded that the warm and fuzzy ideology of PC MC does reflect, perhaps, a kind of cultural “trickle-down” effect percolating from Leftism. But how and why this has happened to the West in the last few decades (in terms of mainstream dominance, that is; thoughts and feelings like these go back centuries, as minority opinions) is not likely to be some kind of dastardly plot by some dastardly cabal of wicked Leftists with superpowers. The more reasonable explanation (but more complicated for those who, unfortunately, don’t like life complicated) is that the modern West has undergone a rather profound paradigm shift in culture and psychology — again, not in terms of content (the values of PC MC didn’t pop out of thin air in 1969; they go back centuries and are in many ways derived from the good virtues of our Judaeo-Christian and Graeco-Roman heritage), but in terms of mainstream dominance.

Firstly, let me say that I do not disagree with anything you have said on this thread, LL, but regarding:

“…the modern West has undergone a rather profound paradigm shift in culture and psychology — again, not in terms of content (the values of PC MC didn’t pop out of thin air in 1969…”

No, it did not “pop out of thin air in 1969″ but that is when it became fashionable.

I was there, I lived it.

1969 is the year I came home from Viet Nam. Home to a country that I did not recognize.
    The military was scorned, patriotism was jeered, American heroes were denigrated, our country’s founders maligned as “dead old white guys” who were slave holders. Up was down, white was black, good was evil.

You see, I am a “veteran” of this cultural rot. I was there when it took root.

And if you want to place it, 1969 is a pretty damn good year to hang it on.

I’ m an antijihadist and that is my prime concern. But I know few things also. I hate injustice, stupid hierarchy like monarchies,but most of all, I hate barbarism and primitivism. That were I find Islam,to be a second face of the same medal,with Nazism. I ‘ m aware that the use of force is legitimate against them. In the same time the reality is that-The difference between the laft and the right is blur. That is called “Center” and the wast political parties in Europe are like that. So,please met this reality and dont create paranoia towards old leftists ghost ideas,like communism and other authocratic or dictatorship examples. The leftism has become a whole universe of attitudes and idea and I’ m sure that there are some with which u could live in.

I know of no regular commenter here at JW who could be accurately described as a racist, so don’t worry. In fact, a la Samuel Johnson, the cry of racism has become the last refuge of many scoundrels, virtually every last one of them to be found either on the left side of the political spectrum or among Muslims, with the intention, among other intentions, of shutting off debate on Islam’s many built-in pathologies by the cheap invocation of the race card.

“Who’s going to implement that force?”

The people. I know you hate it when I keep saying: The Old Republic is DEAD. Both parties are nothing but useful idiots. The people must get rid of these PC politicians at any cost before it’s too late. AT ANY COST.

That’s why I’ve been careful, whenever I talk about this particular important subtopic, to add that what distinguishes our era from the past is not the existence of PC MC, but the mainstream dominance of it.

e.g., from one of my comments above:

“…how and why this has happened to the West in the last few decades (in terms of mainstream dominance, that is; thoughts and feelings like these go back centuries, as minority opinions)…”

“Who’s going to implement that force?”

Perhaps they must; but that’s different from whether they will. I see no signs that “the people” are anywhere near ready to even recognize the problem of Islam in its appropriately accurate nature and dimensions. The day I see a Million Man March on Washington that puts the problem of Islam on its front burner of its platform — with at least a million and not some straggling thousands, and with the elementary intelligence of planning to have a team of people document the numbers with still photos and videos from various vantage points (surely one of the 1,000,000 people could rent a helicopter to add an aerial view) — then I would even begin to perk up and take notice. Until then, it’s more reasonable to continue to assume that “the people” are pleasantly afloat in their comfort zone of a warm and fuzzy worldview jacuzzi of PC MC.

What are the crowds chanting in the video, Salah?

I hear a leader prompting something and then the crowd chanting a reply. Do you know what they’re saying?

Do you think I could trust my sister, or daughter, if she were say 16 years old to attend that demonstration in Cairo, mingle in the crowd, wearing a thin blouse with shoulder straps laying bare her shoulders and arms and underarms, as well as shorts and sandals that expose most of her legs and feet, and uncovered hair, to mingle in the crowd for several hours doing a news story for her school paper — without getting sexually assaulted by various anti-Morsi Muslim men?

I wouldn’t trust my sister or daughter to do that, if you paid me a million dollars. For that reason, and many others, a Cairo demonstration is not comparable to a Million Man March on Washington by Americans. It’s relatively easy to whip up crowds in a backwater Third World country like Egypt that has centuries of deep sociopolitical dysfunction and disease. Paradoxically, the relative inertia of the America people is what makes America greater; for inertia in such circumstances is not all negative: it also reflects a caution and maturity slow to devolving into insurrections, coups and revolutions at the drop of a Phrygian cap or a keffiyeh.

“Do you think I could trust my sister, or daughter, if she were say 16 years old to attend that demonstration in Cairo..”

No, you should never trust a Muslim; Love does not necessarily mean Trust. But, for your information, sexual assaults happen every time the MB and their supporters take to the streets. On June 30, 33 million egyptians took to the streets and there was not one single incident of this kind, not one person was killed, not one person was even injured. That’s the difference between the freedom lover egyptians and the filthy followers of Muhammad. That’s the difference between Nominal Muslims and True Muslims.
    As for your “relative inertia”, your enemy is counting on it. Actually, that’s all you need to do (or NOT to do for that matter) for the enemy to win.

“On June 30, 33 million egyptians took to the streets and there was not one single incident of this kind, not one person was killed, not one person was even injured.”

That’s two sweeping claims — 1) that 33 million egyptians took to the streets in one day of protests; and 2) that “there was not one single incident of this kind [sexual assault], not one person was killed, not one person was even injured” — the second claim all the more staggeringly incredible than the first to the extent that the first even approaches accuracy. I’d need to see solid evidence of both claims.