IRS currently employing convicted associate of jihad terrorist

IRS-audit1This is insane, but it is also completely consistent with the way that the Obama Administration has operated from the beginning. It purged counter-terror trainers who spoke honestly about jihad terror (including me) from counter-terror training programs, while turning a blind eye to the unsavory connections of people like Mohammed Elibiary and Arif Alikhan.

“(EXCLUSIVE) IRS Currently Employing Convicted Terrorist Associate,” by Patrick Poole for PJ Media, March 6 (thanks to Jerk Chicken):

While IRS officials were targeting Tea Party groups for special scrutiny of their 501(c)3 tax exempt applications, the IRS also hired a policeman who had been prosecuted by the Justice Department — and convicted in federal court — of using his access to the FBI’s NCIC system to tip off a terror suspect about the bureau’s surveillance. The leak wrecked a major terror investigation.

He is still at the IRS.

Weiss Russell (he has changed his name from “Weiss Rasool,” the name under which he was convicted), is currently employed as a financial management analyst in the IRS Deputy Chief Financial Officer’s Office.

In 2008, Russell/Rasool was prosecuted for his role in tipping off Abdullah Alnoshan, a close associate of al-Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki and a friend of Russell’s from their mosque. According to the Justice Department’s Statement of Facts filed at the time of Russell’s indictment, Alnoshan provided license plate numbers to Russell for cars he believed were conducting surveillance on him. Russell then checked those plate numbers in the FBI’s NCIC database, which came back to a leasing company which federal prosecutors claimed would have tipped off Russell to the bureau’s surveillance.

He left a phone message for Alnoshan that the FBI intercepted.

Prosecutors also claimed that on more than a dozen instances, Russell checked his name, the names of relatives, and other friends to see if they were listed on the Violent Crime and Terrorist Offender File on NCIC without an authorized reason for doing so.

According to the Washington Post, Russell’s tip-off to Alnoshan actively obstructed their investigation:

The target was arrested in November 2005, then convicted and deported, according to court filings in Rasool’s case. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeanine Linehan said that the target and his family were already dressed and destroying evidence at 6 a.m. when agents arrived to make the arrest, indicating that they had been tipped off.

Alnoshan was deported to Saudi Arabia in December 2005. Russell was indicted in January 2008, and pleaded guilty in April 2008.

While prosecutors had requested jail time for Russell after he failed a polygraph just a week before sentencing, the judge sentenced him to two years of probation. He continued on the Fairfax County police force while an internal affairs investigation was conducted. Reportedly, he was eventually given the choice to resign or be fired. He resigned in August 2008.

Chris Farrell, director of investigations at Judicial Watch, told PJ Media:

Somebody like Russell who betrayed his oath as a police officer and was convicted in court essentially for aiding and abetting the subject of an open terror investigation has absolutely no business with any position of trust and responsibility with the government.

If as reported he holds a top financial analyst position within the IRS, it’s not just a disgrace to a discredited agency but an insult to the American public. Russell has already betrayed his country and shown that he can do enormous damage and abuse his authority and powers, which he is now free to do within the IRS….

Read it all.

Obama: Abbas has "consistently renounced violence"
State Department spokesman: “Palestinians need not recognize the Jewish state”

Comments

• mortimer says

Bringing the Muslim Brotherhood into the U.S. government and giving them financial control of anything or restricted information is inviting the terrorists to SABOTAGE America from within.

Whose side is Obama on? The people deserve to know. A friend of the Muslim Brotherhood is a friend of terrorism.

• bikeboy says

I will never understand the US populations ignorance on this. 99% of people choose to not be educated, this is the problem we have to try somehow to impact.

• Shane says

I don’t think that 99% of Americans are ignorant of the threat that Islamic jihad is, but it is very high. The liberal MSM has gone out of its way to defend Islam and Muslims from legitimate criticism, along with most colleges and public schools in the USA.

Too many Americans view any criticism of Islam as “racist” or Islamophobic, no matter whether it is accurate or not.

• bikeboy says

I did exaggerate but to tell you I have taken myself off of FB as to have to listen to my old liberal friends (and I was one) defend the things that are so obviously indefensible has taken it’s toll on my patience. I find it more educational to read and learn on my own than to listen to the arguments of people that when all else fails insult you as to being a bigot. I was told by a good friend this would ultimately happen, that people would start to call me names if I expressed my concern for this nation and where it is headed. I hate to say he was right, but he was and is. So I find a place where I can at least read and learn from those that are trying to be fair and educated at the same time.

• Brian C. Hoff says

The 9-11 attrack was than inside job of the secert societry like the freemasoy inside of our governm,ent. Even the fire fighter at the twice tower say it was than inside job. The retire FBI Zionist agent who took over the job of security at the world trade center place themite charge( Iron oxide and alumium powder) which can genate over 3000 f tempurate with plastive exporive c4. The amerioca people arenot supid.

• bikeboy says

I am about 3/4 through the link, I have to run out for a bit. This is the scary part, not much of this surprises me, the World Order part, the fact that the money controls us all (whether democrat or GOP in this country) is not new to me. The money does not care who wins as they control it all. But I have to see the end as I want to know how Islam figures into this.

• bikeboy says

This video seems to go a bit too far, sorry there are just too many things in it I cannot buy, somethings for sure, many, no way.

• Brian C. Hoff says

The World trade center twin tower being brought down by two jet liner flying into is than fanastry. It was than inside job done by the CIA under Bush so Buch can invade Iraq and Iran.

1. herkey says

but these and other muslims in our government are some of obadammos best friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. KingRichardTheLionheart says

What has the world come to, i eagerly await the day America and Europe truly wake up.

Why did we not take note of what Winston Churchill had to say about Mohammedans? We would not be in this mess today, should have just let them continue fighting over sand in the desert where they belong

3. Cindy Mccoy says

Every time I think I can’t be shocked anymore I read something like this and it shocks me. Terrorists working for the obama administration, who would have thought?? Me that’s who. I knew this is the kind of things he does. What I can’t figure out is why do folks keep letting him get away with it??? Congress does nothing but hand more and more power over to him, when is it going to stop?? This drives me crazy!!!

• Defcon 4 says

One of my friends believes he was targeted for IRS audit purely on the basis of his support of pro-Israeli non-profit organizations.

4. John P. Kuchta, Jr. says

This is just another flashpoint in the corruption of every institution in America.

Both the Virginia House of Delegates and the Virginia State Senate just last week issued a proclamation praising a mosque in Fairfax, VA, that has been strongly linked to Muslim jihadis. During the last administration in VA, we saw the State Attorney General involved in an effort to have a Saudi agent, Iman “David” Ramadan, elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. The man didn’t even live in the district during the run-up to the election.

You want to save America? Get Saudi money out of our political process. How do we do that? Eliminate our dependence on the Saudis for the world’s energy needs!

• says

Do you have a link to the proclamation? I’d like to tweet it. @novastan

Dr. Esam Omeish ran for the Democratic nomination for the House of Delegates in my district. He has had leadership roles in Muslim Brotherhood-fronts such as the Muslim Student Association and Muslim American Society. Fortunately, he lost, but as Robert pointed out, that he should get 16% of the vote is worrisome.

5. duh_swami says

I identified TXE Master O as Rasulullah a long time ago and have referred to him as Rasool Obama all along. However, he is like ‘The Shadow’, who has to ability to cloud men’s minds so that they cannot really see him. On two occasions these people voted for an apparition.
    Abd some of them are so cluded, they would vote for him again if they had the choice. The downside of this is that people who’s minds are in a fog, should not be making important decisions.

6. RG says

If I ever learned anything years ago, it was this–a man (or woman) who lies about little things IS A LIAR at heart! He cannot be trusted. The “AUDACITY” of the American public to simply sweep O’s blatant, incessant fabrications and deliberate falsifications under the rug is truly way out there! Obama has done nothing but LIE to us in one way or another, since his election to public office. Nothing about his record of alleged “achievements” in life can be trusted–CANNOT EVEN BE ACCESSED!!! Just imagine if a Republican president had refused to produce a valid birth certificate! And, it is common knowledge that Obama has spent millions of dollars (probably taxpayer funded) to KEEP HIS BIRTH DETAILS A SECRET!!!!! WHOA! America really needs to wake up and smell the CAMEL URINE!!!!!

• bikeboy says

With 3 years left I have a feeling it is too late for the American People to awake, what scares me even more is the next 4,8,12 etc. James Carville, Clintons advisor has stated that Democrats will control the white house for the next 30+ years, if he is right the game is over. The Progressive movement has made bold faced lies, but the GOP is not that much better, so which dog we ultimately lay with? For me it is the one that at least wants to see America survive.

7. Geppetto says

Early on, Obama’s affinity for Islam and Muslims was suspect but not clear. Now? There should be no doubt. That the Muslim Brotherhood was considered a “secular” organization by the DNI, James Clapper, an error later corrected by the Obama administration (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/10/administration-corrects-dni-clapper-claim-muslim-brotherhood-secular/)
    and that it has recently been revealed that there are a number of MB members within Obama’s inner circle (read here – http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/frontpagemag-com/the-muslim-brotherhood-infiltrates-obama-administration/
    and here – http://www.investigativeproject.org/3869/egyptian-magazine-muslim-brotherhood-infiltrates),
    and given Obama’s open and avid support for Mohamed Morsi, a purportedly “former” member of the MB –
    (http://www.mintpressnews.com/egypt-president-mohamed-morsi-might-be-the-most-enigmatic-man-in-the-middle-east/43714/) –
    as the President of Egypt, and his not so subtle disdain for Israel, there should no longer be any doubt whatsoever where Obama’s sympathies lie. Instead there should be an active, open investigation designed to alert the public and the world of what is perhaps the most egregious usurpation of political power ever, in that once “shining city on a hill.” And he should be stopped, impeached if necessary and all of his radical appointees and Czars should be very publicly exposed, fired, deported, prosecuted, arrested, incarcerated, whatever is deemed appropriate.

And, I’m deeply ashamed to say, the American people that have their collective heads stuck in the muck that is America’s pop/hip-hop, PC, Multi-culty culture and determined to prove that America is no longer the “radical racists” of the Bush years, have themselves to blame. The American Presidency, the most powerful in the world, is no place for an experiment in affirmative action.

When America is “transformed” as Obama promised to do, it will be, “If we only knew!” How could they know, determined as they are to deny, marginalize, vilify and ridicule every effort to inform? America’s foundations are crumbling and there is little being done to effectively stop it.

• says

As soon as I heard Him claim that He had CZARS….I knew that He was/is a figure-head for the Red/Green New World Order ~~ WE had better Wake Up and fight the UN involvement in America!

8. somehistory says

I read a review of this article written by Andrew McCarthy and, in it, he pointed out that someone on the *inside* said that one with this kind of thing in his background would have needed *help* in order to get this position with a government agency. It isn’t difficult to imagine just who would have provided the needed assistance in getting the job.
    The entire system is corrupt. According to Divine Law: “That which is crooked cannot be made straight (Ecc. 1:15).”

• somehistory says

Just for clarification: I should have made clear that nothing I wrote is a direct quote except from the book of Ecc. 1.
      I was attempting to give what I gleaned from the article (in RSN) by Mr. McCarthy about how the individual with the IRS obtained the position and that I believe it isn’t difficult to imagine who gave him assistance in getting a background clearance.
      Guess I shouldn’t have written anything while experiencing a migraine headache.

• bikeboy says

No it was fine, it is clear he had help, from where is not as important as the fact that his background should have prevented this to happen. With all of the government coverups it would be very difficult to truly find out just WHO helped him.

• somehistory says

Bikeboy, Thank you. And I agree with your further comment re: who not being the most important point.