The South Koreans seem unwilling to follow the Spanish into dhimmitude. From Reuters, with thanks to Nicolei:
South Korea will go ahead with its plan to send 3,000 troops to help rebuild Iraq despite a televised threat from Iraqi militants to behead a South Korean hostage, the Foreign Ministry said today.
The government would do its best to seek the release of 33-year-old businessman Kim Sun-il, who has been shown repeatedly on South Korean television pleading for his life, Vice Foreign Minister Choi Young-jin told reporters after a meeting of President Roh Moo-hyun’s National Security Council.
Choi said Kim, an Arabic graduate, had been kidnapped in Fallujah on June 17 – the day before South Korea announced where its troops would be deployed after months of agonising because of security concerns and public opposition.
The group holding Kim said South Korea had 24 hours from Sunday night to withdraw its decision or they would behead him, Arabic television station Al Jazeera reported.