CAIRO – Egyptian security forces have arrested three Islamists suspected of planning last week’s suicide bombing in a Cairo bazaar which killed three foreigners, an interior ministry source said.
The source also revealed that the suicide bomber who carried out the attack which killed two French nationals and an American was identified as an Egyptian from the Nile Delta region of Qaliobya, north of Cairo.
The suicide bomber — whose name is to be revealed at a news conference at an unspecified date — planned the attack along with the three detained accomplices, the source told AFP.
The trio, who are said to have “Islamist tendencies and motivations“, have already appeared before an investigating magistrate. Police are still examining the remains of the suicide bomber’s body….
An Internet statement, whose authenticity could not be verified, issued on Friday by a previously unknown group called the Islamic Brigades of Pride in Egypt said it carried out the attack….