From the Australian Herald Sun, “Time running out for Wood”
AUSTRALIAN hostage Douglas Wood faces execution at 2.20am on Tuesday, if Australia does not start withdrawing troops from Iraq.
Early yesterday, Islamic insurgents issued a 72-hour deadline for the withdrawal of Australian troops as disturbing new pictures emerged of a bruised and beaten Mr Wood.
A fresh video of Mr Wood was broadcast on Arab television network al Jazeera yesterday, shortly after 2am Melbourne time.
It shows Mr Wood with a black eye and shaved head.
He is clearly terrified as he sits, holding his identification papers, under the guns of two insurgents.
Al Jazeera said the tape shows Mr Wood saying Australia had 72 hours to withdraw its troops from Iraq.
There has been no indication what would happen if the demands were not met.
The network said the tape had been released by the Shura Council of the Mujahedeen of Iraq…