What’s that? You thought that with the Gaza withdrawal there would be peace? From the Jerusalem Post, with thanks to the Constantinopolitan Irredentist:
The period of calm is over and the Palestinians should be ready to resume their attacks on Israel, Khaled al-Batsh, a senior Islamic Jihad leader in the Gaza Strip, declared on Tuesday.
Batsh was responding to the killing of a top Islamic Jihad activist near Jenin. “We maintain the right to respond to the crimes of (Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon,” he said.
Islamic Jihad’s armed wing, the Al-Quds Battalions, claimed responsibility for the mortar attack on Ganei Tal in Gush Katif in which two workers were killed. The group said the attack was carried out to avenge the killing earlier in the day of its senior activist near Jenin.
The PA strongly condemned the killing of the Islamic Jihad man, but stopped short of mentioning the rocket and mortar attacks on Gush Katif and Sderot. PA Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei dubbed the killing an “ugly crime” that threatens the truce and Palestinian efforts to calm the situation.