I have maintained for quite some time that there is no separation within the Islamic community worldwide between “moderates” and “radicals.” One of the most telling indications that Muslim condemnations of this or that terrorist act may not be sincere is that mosque leaders in Western countries have made no concerted effort to bar from their premises those who are sympathetic to or even active in the violent jihad. This is another example: al-Fagih has been known as a “reformist,” but now he turns out to be hosting this jihad site and may have other terrorist ties. “British Muslims denounce strike as London man linked to attack: Islamic reformist hosts website used by group to claim responsibility,” from the Ottawa Citizen, :
LONDON – As British Muslim leaders intensified their condemnations of the terror strikes against the city, a London Islamic reformist was identified yesterday as the operator of the website al-Qaeda sympathizers used to claim responsibility for the carnage.
The Evening Standard newspaper says London-based Saudi dissident Saad Al-Fagih, an Iraqi-born doctor and founder of the Movement for Islamic Reform in Arabia, runs the Al-Qal’ah Internet site used by a group calling itself the Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe to claim responsibility for Thursday’s attacks.
Authorities have yet to verify the claim by the previously unknown group and Mr. Al-Fagih, 48, has denied involvement.
But the newspaper said Mr. Al-Fagih has previously been linked to terrorism by U.S. officials.
In December, his assets, including his comfortable suburban home, were frozen by the Bank of England after U.S. Treasury officials accused his website of being routinely used to transmit clandestine messages to groups affiliated with al-Qaeda and to potential new terror recruits, the newspaper said.