Egypt tourist bombings update: “Egypt Detains 70 People for Resort Attacks,” from AP, with thanks to the Constantinopolitan Irredentist:
SHARM EL-SHEIK, Egypt – Egyptian police searched for clues Sunday and struggled to identify bodies from the 88 people killed in three bomb blasts that rocked this Red Sea resort, sending foreign tourists scrambling to catch flights home.
More than 70 people have been detained in Sharm el-Sheik and elsewhere on the Sinai Peninsula for questioning over the bombings early Saturday. But none have been accused of involvement in Egypt’s deadliest-ever terror attack, said security officials, who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the inquiry….
Two rival claims of responsibility have emerged but neither statement could be authenticated.
One group, the Abdullah Azzam Brigades of al-Qaida in Syria and Egypt, also claimed responsibility for the October bombings in Taba and for a dual shooting-bomb attack in April in Cairo.
Also, the previously unknown Holy Warriors of Egypt discounted the al-Qaida claim and said it had carried out Saturday’s attack in Sharm.