From a statement by the United American Committee:
…the organization is demanding that Washington awake to the issue of Islamic extremism in America. “We can not afford to allow terrorists to spread their ideology in prison, or anywhere in America.” says U.A.C. founder Jesse Petrilla responding to yesterday”s sentence of would be LAX bomber Ahmed Ressam to a maximum of 22 years in prison. “Terrorists should be punished with none other than capitol punishment.” says Petrilla. The United American Committee platform was sent to President Bush last week, one point states that the death penalty should be extended to those who commit or are in the process of committing terrorist attacks as defined in the patriot act. “A revolution has been sparked, we have to take action before it is too late.” says U.A.C. member Robert Sandoval.
The United American Committee platform is as follows:
1. Our goal is the unity of all Americans, against the threats of Islamic extremism which face our nation and a goal of ensuring a secure future of America. We will accomplish our goals set forth through the following actions: Educate our society on the natures of our enemies. Inform the American people on issues which must be resolved. Influence and encourage the actions of the President and Congress to accomplish our goals.
2. Our goal is that freedom for all religious faiths continues, insofar as they do not endanger the American people, or the existence of democracy.
3. Our goal is the education of the American people regarding the philosophies and activities of our enemies which are operating from within the United States borders. Therefore any terrorist activities found to be operating within our borders should be brought to the attention of the American people. The citizens must be informed at all times. Any threat to the American people and to American democracy shall be dealt with immediately.
Furthermore, it is the duty of every American to report to authorities any activities observed which may inflict harm upon the American people.
4. We encourage the judicial system of the United States to enact the following in regards to terrorist activities: Terrorist activities by those who wish to inflict injury of the common welfare of the United States and the American populace, who are captured while in the process of committing a terrorist attack as defined by the patriot act, shall not be allowed to continue spreading his/her ideology in any matter, but shall be dealt with by capitol punishment, regardless of creed or race. For their accomplices, no parole shall ever be granted to those who have plotted or assisted in the plot against the common welfare of America and the American people.
5. Those who reside in America who are aliens, whether documented or undocumented, and who are not citizens, who are from countries with governments which have known ties to Islamic extremism, shall not only be subject to American laws, but shall be subject to strict immigration laws. Current immigration laws must be enforced to the full, and must not be restricted. Any violation of these laws must be dealt with by immediate deportation.
Those coming from countries whose governments have known ties to Islamic extremism, wishing to gain entry to America shall be closely scrutinized, and access shall only be granted after a lengthy process of research and analysis of the individual case.
6. Our nation’s security shall come first and foremost. The United American Committee is dedicated to protecting the American people, and allowing them to live safe and comfortable lives, without the threats of Islamic extremism and terrorist activities. We feel a key to accomplishing this is by maintaining a secure border. Our goal is an increase in border security along both our northern and southern borders, as well as an increase in funding to Coast Guard and Immigration agencies so that they may work efficiently and that the American people may live in safety.
7. We encourage laws to be implemented stating that no organization of any kind deemed to be promoting ideals which endanger the American populace shall receive funding by any foreign government or other foreign source. We encourage the United States government to closely scrutinize the funding of any organization from a foreign source.
8. Our goal is for America to cease dependency on imported oil from countries tied to Islamic extremism. We encourage the United States government to expand our importation of fuels from allied democratic nations, as well as to decrease exportation of American oil. The United American Committee also encourages automotive corporations to pursue alternative fuels in order to help decrease the funding of foreign regimes which have known ties to Islamic extremism.
9. The United American Committee believes education is a key to a bright future. We ask that the education system of America shall teach our youth the facts, and the true nature of our extremist enemies. Our educators shall not feel pressure to withhold vital information for fear of reprimand due to political correctness. Our youth are our nation’s future. We must hold their education to the highest level of importance.
10. Our goal is to encourage Muslim Americans to embrace democratic ideals, and the American way of life. All citizens are equal and are entitled to the rights granted by the United States constitution. These rights may only be revoked when an individual, regardless of creed or race, commits an act against his/her fellow American or against the American populace, whether by action or intent. We encourage American Muslims to denounce the ideals of our extremist enemies, and to stand against our enemy’s terrorist actions.