I am pleased to announce that Jihad Watch is now a 501 (c) 3 organization. Donations are now tax-deductible.
This is very significant, because I have always envisioned Jihad Watch as much more than a website. Our resources up to now have not enabled us to bring these plans to fruition, but this and more is still what we would like to do:
* Produce a video on jihad: the goal would be to create a documentary worthy of FrontLine or some such program;
* Create a traveling presentation on jihad: a group that could visit major cities in the US with a panel of experts on jihad and Islam;
* Host, for journalists and others, Jihad Watch forums to inform them about the nature of the threat we face, and what can be done about it;
* Establish a network of on-the-ground journalists in as many countries as possible. This has already begun at the Jihad Watch website with informants from places as far away as Malaysia and Norway feeding us information. We would like to expand these contacts into sources for frequent exclusive reports on jihad around the world, with an eye toward filtering this Jihad Watch-exclusive copy into the mainstream press;
* Produce an annual published report on jihad in America and across the planet. The goal here would be to produce a well-researched document that international religious freedom and human rights groups and government entities could use;
* Much more as time and resources permit.
But right now it is unfortunately an open question as to whether even the website will continue. I want to thank all of you who have donated through PayPal and Amazon. Even the smallest of those donations — along with some generous grants we received — have helped us get set up and keep going, and I am grateful for them. But now our resources are scarce and growing scarcer, and all of us involved with this enterprise — including me — already have to do outside work. While the costs of the site itself are minimal, every hour we spend here cuts into the time we have to earn a living. It may be that in the coming months I will have to lay off members of our already meager staff in order to keep going — and I may even have to shut down altogether.
I don’t want to do that. I am doing everything I can think of — I have contacted Pajamas Media and will accept advertising at the site as soon as they are set up. But that in itself won’t do it. The need is great. There are too few voices out there telling the truth about the global threat that all lovers of freedom face. But there may be no choice.
I hope that some of you who are reading this will consider making a major contribution to help us keep going — and expand. If so, please contact me at email@example.com for details.
And thank you for your commitment to resisting the onslaught of the largest threat to the equality of dignity of all peoples that the world faces today.