Jihad Watch Board Vice President Hugh Fitzgerald offers a way for dhimmis in America to break their intellectual chains:
A recent comment at Jihad Watch offered a new and surprising variant on mother-in-law jokes: the mother-in-law who, as leader of a local Christian group, has been so completely won over by the local imam as to become a veritable apologist for Islam and jihad. Indeed, the unwariness, the credulity, the gullibility of all sorts of unwary Infidels won over by past masters who use personal charm (that liquid-brown-eyed sincerity, that soft-voice of sweet reason, the whole Tariq-Ramadan shtick that has been trademarked in all countries) is disturbing. For this mother-in-law’s unwillingness to look at the truth of Islam is a little like that of Mr. Podsnap, whose mind was made up, who simply put all disagreeables out of his mind.
Here are a few things to do if you have a mother-in-law in a similar predicament:
- Buy her Robert Spencer’s book The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) and get her to read some of it. Buy her Why I Am Not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq. Buy her a copy of Leaving Islam — the testimonies of former Muslims. If she is receptive, there are many other worthy books, some of which are listed here.
- Print out the essay by Ibn Warraq, from the Internet, on “Islam, Middle East and Fascism.”
- Insist that she look at printouts, from the Internet, on the words “taqiyya” and “kitman.”
- Print out from www.dhimmitude.org a few scholarly articles listing the many disabilities under which all non-Muslims suffered.
- Print out as many of the quite varied testimonies of ex-Muslims, listed by country of origin, at www.apostatesofislam.com.
- Print out some of the exchanges that Ali Sina has had with Muslims at www.faithfreedom.org. Print out as well many of the articles on such subjects as Muhammad as a Role Model, the Treatment of Women Under Islam, and so on.
- Gather a digestible amount of material about the treatment of Christians, of Jews, of Zoroastrians, of Hindus, of Sikhs, of Confucians, under Muslim rule. Perhaps begin by noting that 60-70 million Hindus were murdered, over 250 years of Muslim (Mughal) rule — that might get her attention.
- Do not stop. Whoever gets to a particular brain first is likely to prevail — whether it is that affable, plausible, smiling pleaser, with his falsehoods and fables, whom this mother-in-law was so entranced with, or you, armed with the truth. Remember: the truth does not naturally prevail, unless presented so as to overcome the understandable desire not to accept unpleasant truths, particularly if one is unfairly being assimilated to the vicious racists of yore. You have the evidence of each passing day on your side; he has only lies about the contents of Qur’an, Hadith, and Sira. Make sure she understands the doctrine of naskh, or abrogation, the relevance of the Hadith, and many of the most important events in Muhammad’s life. Start with his consummation, at age 52, of his marriage to the 9-year-old Aisha: that is something that usually gets the attention of Infidels, and which Muslims must splutter about but cannot explain away — and remember that Khomeini’s first act was to lower the marriageable age of girls in Iran to 9.
There may be no vaccine for the avian flu. But knowledge of what is contained in Qur’an, Hadith and Sira, and of what Islam means for art and science and individual freedom (not least for freedom of conscience — does your mother-in-law know the punishment for apostasy from Islam?), and of the history of Muslim conquest and subjugation of non-Muslims, so consistent through time and space, is the best vaccine.
That vaccine is readily available. Hundreds of millions — no, an endless number — of doses are there for the asking. You should inoculate not only your mother-in-law, but as many others as you can, using the list above as a Starter Kit. You need to get to them first, before their minds are made up by some friendly talk at some Mosque Open House (pita bread and chicken, and baklava for dessert).
Successful long-term treatment requires not only an initial inoculation, but a series of booster shots along the way. Visits to Jihad Watch may help.
And as you grapple with a sinister twist on a celebrated civilizational problem (at least if Jack Benny, George Burns, and other famous philosophers are to be believed), you might find cheering the recording of Jack Buchanan, circa 1930, singing “And Her Mother Came Too.”