To help facilitate solutions in confronting the Islamic extremist threat, the United American Committee releases the Nine Danger Signs of Militant Islam. A guide to help discern signs of extremism among members of the Islamic faith.
LOS ANGELES – In a move to battle Islamic extremism, the United American Committee today released a list of the Nine Danger Signs of Militant Islam. Written with assistance from members of the Islamic faith, the list, primarily addressed to the Muslim community, gives signs that can be used to discern whether any given Muslim spokesman may be a sympathizer with Islamic militancy. Blatant signs of extremism include “Supporting or refusing to condemn Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, Hamas, or other terrorists or terrorist organizations by name.” or “Justification of any Islamic Terrorism, Palestinian or otherwise.” Other danger signs listed reflect disorderly subversive acts such as a “Refusal to cooperate with or inciting others not to cooperate with authorities or standard security procedures.”
Dave Holly, a UAC spokesperson, gives the following rationale for the list: “Peace-loving Muslims everywhere would agree on the need to be alert for any incitement to hate, violence, religious intolerance, or the use of outright lying. Those who do not hold extremist views should have no problem with helping to distribute fliers of the Nine Danger Signs of Militant Islam.”
Requests for comment were not immediately returned from the leading American Islamic organization CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations. However, all communication with CAIR regarding the signs has indicated their objection to it for unknown reasons. “We don’t know why anyone would object to these signs. Each sign is a logical indication of extremist behavior,” remarks Jesse Petrilla, Founder & Chairman of the United American Committee, the primary organization responsible for drafting the nine signs. “We’ve even included input from American Muslims while writing the list of danger signs,” says Petrilla.
A large fear of more moderate Muslims is reflected by the danger sign of “Branding progressive Muslims or Muslims of different opinions as apostates.” as was suggested by one Muslim-American contributor to the Nine Signs. All Nine Danger Signs of Militant Islam are available on the United American Committee’s website at http://www.UnitedAmericanCommittee.org
About the United American Committee:
A U.S.-based organization, UAC is regarded as a growing political movement and has expanded exponentially. The UAC platform states a goal of the unity of all Americans against the threats of Islamic extremism. Another UAC goal is ensuring a secure future for America. Partnered with such well-read names in security issues related to the War on Terror as author Robert Spencer of JihadWatch, Christopher Holton,VP of the Center for Security Policy, and Front Page Magazine contributing editor Lee Kaplan, just to name a few, UAC is moving forward with a strong legislative agenda. The UAC is composed of many patriotic American volunteers who are committed to our nation’s future.
NINE DANGER SIGNS OF MILITANT ISLAM
1. Justification of any Islamic Terrorism, Palestinian or otherwise
2. Supporting or refusing to condemn Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, Hamas, or other terrorists or terrorist organizations by name
3. Promoting jihad for Muslims to fight against what they determine is “injustice” or “aggression”
4. Demands for Sharia law in the West, or denying that Sharia forbids equal rights for women and members of religions other than Islam
5. Demanding that Americans accommodate the public expression of Islamic laws, customs, and practices that conflict with, or are harmful to American laws, customs, and practices
6. Denying that Muslims were involved in the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and other attacks around the world
7. Refusal to cooperate with or inciting others not to cooperate with authorities or standard security procedures
8. Branding progressive Muslims or Muslims of different opinions as apostates.
9. Refusal to interact, converse, or socialize with non-Muslims