I returned to the U.S. yesterday and have been busy catching up on a mountain of calls and emails. My heartfelt thanks to Jihad Watch News Editors Anne Crockett, Rebecca Bynum, Eric Schwappach and Patrick Devenny for keeping you up-to-date on the latest news from the wonderful world of the global jihad. Unfortunately, there is never a shortage of acceptable material for both the Jihad Watch and Dhimmi Watch sides of this site. My fondest hope is that someday, like the state under Communism, this site would wither away, having nothing to report; however, the likelihood of that happening is about as probable as was that Marxist fantasy.
Anyway, today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States, and there is, despite the ever-gathering clouds, much for which to be thankful. I am grateful that:
1. Although there have been several notable attempts at another large-scale jihad terrorist attack in the United States, they have all so far been thwarted;
2. Attacks in Britain, France and elsewhere have resulted not solely in calls for dhimmi capitulation, but also in increased resolve in the face of a menace that is becoming increasingly clear;
3. As the wholly unexpected popularity of my latest book indicates, despite the ever-stifling politically correct lockstep in the mainstream media (both left and right) about Islamic terrorism, more and more people are awakening to the truth and speaking out — like Solzhenitsyn’s blades of grass poking through the concrete;
4. This site continues to gain readers, which encourages me, since I don’t know of any other site that does exactly what we do: reports on jihad activity all over the world, against Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, and others, and explains the news stories in light of the larger goals of the jihad movement. In November we are averaging around 500,000 hits every day — about 25,000 visitors daily, if I am reading these charts correctly — and that is more than we have ever had. I have also been consulted in the past few months by a Senate committee, a Congressman, and reporters from the BBC, ABC, the Washington Post, and others.
5. As the jihadists continue their activity around the world, they daily make it more difficult for their Muslim and non-Muslim apologists to continue to deflect attention from the fact that we are engaged in a war to defend notions of universal rights and equality of dignity of all people, which rights the jihadists are determined to subvert.
And for what are you thankful?