1938 Alert from Iran Focus, with thanks to JE:
Tehran, Iran, Feb. 20 — Iran said on Monday that Britain was behind a blast that had gone off in the south-western city of Ahwaz on Sunday night which was similar to several recent explosions in the volatile city.
State-run news agencies reported that there were no casualties when the sound bomb went off in Kian Pars district of Ahwaz.
Seyyed Nezzam Mollahoveizeh, the Majlis deputy for Dasht-Abad, told the news agency Fars that the Intelligence Ministry had been able to arrest a number of individuals behind Sunday”s bombing and accused them of having ties to London.
“The mother of all corruption Britain has become an opponent of Iran. Our opponents are supported and empowered in London”, he said….
London has repeatedly denied any involvement in the attacks.