Wow, man. Like, no kidding, Jose? LSD and PCP? Very heavy, man. Very, very heavy. Wow. Like, I think a lot of dudes would, like, line up for torture like that, man.
Seriously, Padilla is just following orders: when incarcerated by the infidel, claim torture. Every time. And it never fails: they always do. From the Al-Qaeda playbook:
1. At the beginning of the trial, once more the brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by State Security [investigators ]before the judge.
2. Complain [to the court] of mistreatment while in prison.
3. Make arrangements for the brother “s defense with the attorney, whether he was retained by the brother “s family or court-appointed.
4. The brother has to do his best to know the names of the state security officers, who participated in his torture and mention their names to the judge.[These names may be obtained from brothers who had to deal with those officers in previous cases.]…
6. During the trial, the court has to be notified of any mistreatment of the brothers inside the prison.
By Tom Brown for Reuters, :
MIAMI (Reuters) – Lawyers for alleged al Qaeda operative Jose Padilla have asked a Florida judge to dismiss the terrorism case against him, saying he was tortured and force-fed psychedelic drugs while held at a U.S. military brig for more than 3-1/2 years.
“The torture took myriad forms, each designed to cause pain, anguish, depression and ultimately, the loss of will to live,” Padilla’s attorney’s said in the motion for dismissal filed in Miami federal court earlier this month.
“Often he had to endure multiple interrogators who would scream, shake and otherwise assault Mr. Padilla,” his lawyers said. “Additionally, Mr. Padilla was given drugs against his will, believed to be some form of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) or phencyclidine (PCP), to act as a sort of truth serum during his interrogations.”