A jihad group in the Kingdom could strike again. From Reuters, with thanks to Sr. Soph:
RIYADH (Reuters) – Saudi authorities have warned foreign embassies that a group blamed for last month’s killing of four French nationals could strike again, diplomats said on Wednesday.
“Saudi authorities officially notified us on Tuesday that the group could attack again and urged foreigners to avoid travelling outside cities,” a Western diplomat said….
The four French nationals, including a teenager, were killed on February 26 during a desert trip in the Arab country. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Saudi authorities said two attackers perpetrated the killing which was the first attack on foreigners since 2005.
Saudi Arabia has vowed to crack down on Islamic militants and condemned the attack.
Islamic militants swearing allegiance to al Qaeda launched a violent campaign to topple the U.S.-allied Saudi monarchy in 2003, carrying out suicide bomb attacks on foreigners and government installations, including the oil industry.
Some of the estimated 100,000 Western residents in Saudi Arabia left after the earlier attacks, reducing the number to around 60,000, but many have since returned, diplomats said.
Militant Islamists have said they want to drive “infidel” Westerners out of Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam and home to its holiest sites.