A July 21 bomb suspect denies he believes in the cause. From SkyNews, with thanks to James:
A July 21 bomb suspect has broken down in court after reliving the moment he was allegedly asked to carry out a suicide attack.
Manfo Kwaku Asiedu told Woolwich Crown Court that fellow defendant Muktar Said Ibrahim had started telling him about rucksack bombs.
The prosecution claims he dumped a device that was set to be detonated in London after losing his nerve at the last minute.
The Ghanaian wept as he told the court that talking about rucksack bombs had “terrified” him.
Asiedu said: “I wanted to live. I wanted to have a good life. I wanted to support my family. It is just something that I have never thought of in my life.”
The 34-year-old took several minutes to gain his composure as he then recalled how fellow defendant Yassin Omar told him that he “wasn’t going to hurt anyone”.
Asiedu told the court: “I just told him: ‘Listen I don’t believe in this jihad. I don’t believe in this jihad. That is the end of it.”
If only it had been.