The mainstream media, unable to come up with any lynchings of innocent Muslims by angry Islamophobic mobs, or any torchings of mosques, or any beatings, or much of anything at all, continues to report the “fear” of a “backlash” among the poor Muslims around Fort Dix, who of course hate terrorism and are shocked, shocked, that a jihad terror plot was hatched in their midst by their coreligionists.
The best they can come up with to reinforce the claim to privileged victim status in this article is a door kicked in and a “racial slur” uttered, according to Muslim Tatar, the father of suspected jihadist Serdar Tatar. Muslim and Serdar Tatar are Turks, aren’t they? So what “racial slur” was uttered? An anti-Turkish one? An anti-white one? The intrepid Star-Ledger reporters Jeff Whelan and Susan K. Livio don’t tell us. Nor do they go to police to corroborate the lawyer’s story of the door being kicked in. I mean, who would doubt it? After all, business has dropped off at Muslim Tatar’s restaurant! Oh, the horror! Will the Islamophobia never end?
Question for Whelan and Livio: where is your story interviewing the families of military personnel at Fort Dix, asking them how their lives would have been changed had this jihad plot succeeded?
“Trouble descends on families of the Fort Dix terror suspects,” by Jeff Whelan and Susan K. Livio for the Star-Ledger:
One of their parents was arrested, another reported receiving threats, and a leader of the mosque where they worshipped is worried about a backlash.
As the six men charged in the alleged Fort Dix terror plot face a bail hearing in Camden this morning, their family members and community are struggling with the fallout from Monday night’s arrests.
Ferik Duka, father of three of the suspects, also was arrested earlier this week, on immigration violations, and is in federal custody, two law enforcement sources said. His wife, Zurata, was also issued a summons but not taken into cus tody because the couple also has a 16-year-old son, said the sources, who requested anonymity.
Federal investigators have found no evidence linking Ferik and Zurata Duka to the alleged plot by their sons Eljvir, Dritan and Shain, to kill soldiers at Fort Dix. But, one of the sources said, “You can’t ignore the fact that they are here illegally….”
Richard Sparaco, representing Tatar, said his client will plead not guilty.
He added that Tatar’s arrest has taken its toll on Tatar’s parents and the Cookstown restaurant run by his father, Super Mario’s, not far from Fort Dix. Prosecutors accused Serdar Tatar of conducting surveillance of Fort Dix while working as a pizza deliveryman for the restaurant.
Sparaco said that since the news broke, nearly all the employees at the restaurant have quit and business has dropped dramatically. He said Tatar’s mother, who is in Turkey, is on the verge of a nervous breakdown and the defendant’s father, Muslim Tatar, is distraught.
“He has a feeling he is going to have to close up shop,” the attorney said.
According to Sparaco, Muslim Tatar said someone kicked in the front door of his house Wednesday night and shouted a racial slur. The elder Tatar has also received threats and “nasty messages,” Sparaco said without elaborating.
A leader of the South Jersey Islamic Center, where several of the suspects worshipped, said that while the Palmyra mosque has not received any threats, they fear they “are going to face a backlash.”