Yes, the server was hacked by someone using an IP from Oman… Although the hacker had only been in the server for about 40 minutes when I discovered it, he’d already made a number of changes, and was attempting to gather information. There was no option but to shut down the server.
Immediately after stopping the server, we ordered a complete reinstall of the operating system from the datacenter. This should be completed soon, and then I will begin reinstalling the services needed for a webserver. After this, I will begin restoring the sites. Like last time, I expect this to take at least a week. With a little luck, the main site may be up this weekend, and then Ali can post an article about this.