Poisoning food with feces is detailed as a tactic in the Al-Qaeda manual found a few years ago by British intelligence.
“It was not our fault but I don’t want to talk about it,” said Hasmi. Whose fault was it?
“Shop-owners sold chocolate cake sprinkled with human faeces,” from the Daily Mail (thanks to the Constantinopolitan Irredentist):
Two shop-owners were today fined for selling chocolate cake – which had been sprinkled with human faeces.
A horrified customer ate the foul-smelling gateaux but noticed that it didn’t taste or smell “quite right” and handed the cake to public health scientists.
The analysts soon established that the sweet treat was covered in faeces and legal proceedings against the shop owners were started.
Shop owners Saeed Hasmi, 25, and Jan Yadgari, 23, were fined Â£1,500 for selling food unfit for human consumption.
The pair – who ran the Italiano Pizzeria in Roath, Cardiff – admitted the charge but did not say how the chocolate cake was contaminated.
The takeaway is a favourite with late-night revellers and students living around the takeaway close to Cardiff University. […]
Hasmi and Yadgari at first denied the charge but pleaded guilty at Cardiff magistrates court before the trial.
Hasmi, of Roath, Cardiff, and Yadgari, of Adamsdown, Cardiff, were each fined Â£1,500 and ordered to pay Â£200 costs.
After the case Hasmi said: “It was not our fault but I don’t want to talk about it.
“I’m not working in the food industry anymore. I want to do something else.
“We are sorry for the people who ate it,” he said.