Actually, they want a conference on “Islamophobia.” But of course, if Muslims really want to end “Islamophobia” instantaneously, here’s how they can do it:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace the U.S. Constitution (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means.
3. Teach Muslims the imperative of coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.
5. Actively work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
If Muslims do those five things, voila! “Islamophobia” will vanish.
“Malaysia proposes convention on Islamophobia,” from Bernama, September 25 (thanks to Nicolei):
NEW YORK: Malaysia has proposed that an international convention sponsored by the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) be held as early as next year to tackle the anti-Islamic movement which is rearing its ugly head in several developed nations.
Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said Thursday that the OIC had asked Malaysia to play a major role towards rectifying the misconception of Islam within Western society.
He said this was conveyed to him by OIC Secretary-General Prof Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu during their meeting on the sidelines of the 63rd session of the United Nations General Assembly here.
He told Malaysian journalists that the OIC was confident that Malaysia would be able to take the initiative to counter the misconception towards the Islamic nations because of Malaysia’s commitment and effectiveness in past endeavours.
He hoped that the convention would be attended by influential people like leaders, department heads, intellectuals and non-governmental organisations which support religious tolerance.
“Malaysia hopes that another window can be opened for a more universal understanding of Islam to help in civilisation building,” he said.
He said the United States was chosen as the venue for the convention because of the polemic on Islam in that country as well as the wide media coverage it would get….