I’ll dance to the beat, shuffle my feet
Wear a shirt and tie and run with the creeps
Cause it’s all about money, ain’t a damn thing funny
You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey — Grandmaster Flash
It’s all about money: Wilders’ truth-telling about Islam could hamper Dutch business dealings with Islamic countries — particularly ones like Libya, which recently declared jihad (in this case, an economic boycott) against Switzerland for its minaret ban. If Wilders becomes Prime Minister of the Netherlands, what will become of deals like these?
Of course, deals like these are short-sighted and ultimately self-defeating. But try to explain that to BAM today.
“BAM Division Starts Joint Venture In Libya,” from Dow Jones, April 19 (thanks to Maxwell):
AMSTERDAM (Dow Jones)–Dutch construction company Royal BAM Group NV (BAMNB.AE) said Monday its Tebodin Consultants & Engineers division will start a joint venture with Libyan company Petroleum & Chemicals Consultancy, or PCC.
BAM will hold a 60% share in the Tebodin Libya joint venture and PCC will hold the remaining 40%. Tebodin Libya will be involved in consultancy, engineering and construction for the local oil and gas industry and in water management in Libya….