But deep down, they really, really want peace. The proponents of a two-state solution ought to take note of statements like these, and realize that a Palestinian state will not bring peace, but will only become a new base for jihad attacks against what remains of Israel.
“‘Palestine is big’ — PA says it includes all of Israel: 3 PA TV shows present Israeli places Tiberias, Rosh Hanikra and all of Israel as ‘Palestine,'” by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik for PMW, December 22:
Contrary to the repeated statements by Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to foreign leaders that the PA recognizes Israel, the PA internally in Arabic continues to deny Israel’s existence and to present a world without Israel.
The PA transmits the message to its people that it does not recognize Israel’s existence, describing all Israeli land, cities and regions as “Palestinian.” Palestinian TV is one tool among many used by the PA to disseminate this message.
In three recent programs on PA TV, which is owned by the PA and operated under the auspices of Mahmoud Abbas’s office, Palestinians were presented with a world without Israel, which is the most explicit non-recognition:
1. The Israeli city of Tiberias was said to be “in northern Palestine, close to the Palestinian-Jordanian-Syrian border.”
– “Palestine” could not share a border with Syria unless Israel did not exist. Tiberias is in northern Israel and not “northern Palestine.”
2. The coast of “Palestine” was said in an educational program to be 224 km. long, reaching Rosh Hanikra in northern Israel.
– The coast of “Palestine” could not be 224 km. long unless there were no Israel, since the coast of the Gaza Strip is only 40 km. long.
3. “Palestine is big – 27,000 sq. km.,” said PA TV host.
– The area of “Palestine” could not be 27,000 sq. km. unless Israel were to disappear, since the West Bank and Gaza together are only about 6,000 sq. km.