If the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and its U.S.-based allies like Hamas-linked CAIR get their way, this kind of thing will come to the United States as well: it will become a criminal offense to speak honestly and accurately about how Islamic jihadists use the texts and teachings of Islam to recruit terrorists and justify terrorism. “Jingga 13 Wants To Present Memo To Agong Over Postings That Insult King, Islam,” from Bernama, September 12 (thanks to Twostellas):
KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 12 (Bernama) — A non-governmental organisation, Jingga 13, today applied for an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin to hand over a memorandum over Internet postings that ridicule His Majesty and Islam with regard to the issue of proselytising of Muslims.
Chief coordinator of the Jingga 13 secretariat, Fariz Musa, handed over the application letter to the police administrative/security officer of Istana Negara, ASP Shaharuddin Yunus, at the palace gate at 11.05am today.
He said the website http://makcikhajjahsittalwuzara.wordpress.com and postings by individuals on Facebook and Twitter had used harsh words, condemning and insulting the Yang di-Pertuan Agong as the country’s head of religion.
The website also insulted Prophet Muhammad and featured a western artist sitting on the Ka’abah.
“Attempts to proselytise Muslims are on the rise, including extreme actions such as twisting of facts and insulting Islam. This is a dangerous situation which requires serious intervention by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong as the head of religion,” Fariz said.
He said Jingga 13 urged for stern action be taken against the individuals responsible so as to protect the sanctity of Islam as the official religion of this country.
“We came here not to create tension or trouble but we are worried about some quarters insulting other religions as this can create racial tension.
“We are seeking the intervention of the Agong in view of the problem getting worse without any stern or serious action being taken to save the faith of Muslims, especially the young generation,” he said.
Fariz said Jingga 13 would continue to try to hand over the memorandum to the King on Sept 24 although there had been no response yet from the palace to their request.
“So far, we have managed to collect 5,000 petitions online over the issue. We will be collecting more before handing over the memorandum to the Agong,” he said.