* Within the last hour, relatives of the victims of the Sbarro pizzeria bombing and other terror attacks received phone calls from the Israel Prisons Pardons Board informing them that the killers are about to be released.
* According to Israeli security bodies, about 50 percent of the terrorists freed in past prisoner exchanges have returned to terrorism, either as perpetrators, planners, or as accomplices. Hundreds of Israelis have been murdered, and thousands wounded, by freed terrorists.
* After his release in 1996, Abbas ibn Muhammad Alsayd was involved in three terror attacks in Netanya, including the Park Hotel Passover massacre on March 27, 2002, in which 31 people were murdered and 155 wounded.
* After his release by the Netanyahu government as a “goodwill gesture” to Yasser Arafat, at the behest of Bill Clinton in 1998, Iyad Sawalha perptrated the June 5, 2002 bus bombing at the Megiddo junction, murdering 17 people and wounding 42.
* Seven months after his release, Ramez Sali Abu Salmim blew himself up in Jerusalem’s CafÃ© Hillel on September 9, 2003, murdering 7 young people and wounding over 50.
* Matsab Hashalmon was released from jail as part of the “Tennenbaum deal” on January 29, 2004. Three months later, on August 31, 2004, he masterminded the attack on two buses in Beersheba, that killed 16 civilians and wounded scores of others.