Magarief continues to give the lie to the Obama Administration’s fallacious and deceptive narrative, and shows Obama’s speech to the UN yesterday to be the mockery that it was. “Libyan president to NBC: Anti-Islam film had ‘nothing to do with’ US Consulate attack,” from NBC News, September 26 (thanks to Block Ness):
Updated at 7:59 a.m. ET: An anti-Islam film that sparked violent protests in many countries had “nothing to do with” a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi earlier this month, Libya’s president told NBC News.
In an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Ann Curry, President Mohamed Magarief discounted claims that the attack was in response to a movie produced in California and available on YouTube. He noted that the assault happened on Sept. 11 and that the video had been available for months before that.
“Reaction should have been, if it was genuine, should have been six months earlier. So it was postponed until the 11th of September,” he said. “They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message.”
Magarief said there were no protesters at the site before the attack, which he noted came in two assaults, first with rocket-propelled grenades on the consulate, then with mortars at a safe house….