KABUL (Reuters) – A suicide bomber killed 14 people, including three NATO soldiers and four police, and wounded 37 in Afghanistan’s volatile eastern Khost province on Monday, a NATO spokeswoman and local officials said.
Six civilians and an Afghan interpreter also died in the attack.
A witness told Reuters a suicide bomber wearing a police uniform struck as U.S. soldiers patrolled the city of Khost. A NATO spokeswoman confirmed only that the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.
Provincial Governor Abdul Jabar Nahimi said the bomber had been riding a motorcycle packed with explosives and 37 civilians were wounded in the blast.
The Afghan Taliban claimed responsibility, although Afghan insurgents are quick to claim any successful attack on foreign troops as their own….