And that attack was perpetrated by Hizballah. In my 2008 book Stealth Jihad I wrote about Hizballah sleeper cells in the U.S. This jihad murderer was from Canada, but there is no doubt that there are cells there as well. “Canadian identified as suspect in deadly Bulgarian bus bombing of Israeli tourists,” by Stewart Bell for the National Post, July 25 (thanks to Daniel):
A year after two suspected Hezbollah operatives bombed a bus full of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria, authorities in the country identified one of the main suspects Thursday as Hassan El Hajj Hassan, a 25-year-old Canadian citizen.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior said it was releasing his name, along with that of the second suspect, Australian Meliad Farah, as part of “an appeal for cooperation towards the society regarding two individuals, who are suspected of having link with the bombing.
Both have were seen in several regions of Bulgaria in the weeks preceeding [sic] the attack, which killed five Israeli tourists, a local bus driver and one of the attackers, who has not yet been identified but who is believed to be related to the Canadian.
“The investigative authorities suspect that the aforementioned individuals have registered themselves at hotels and accommodations, using fake identities under the name of Brian Jeremiah Jameson, Jacque Felipe Martin and Ralph William Rico,” the ministry said in a statement.
“They are also believed to have rented cars using the mentioned fake identities. Additionally, it was established that in July, 2012, Farah rented a “Renault Clio”, L/P Ð9027ÐšÐ¢, in the village of Ravda.
All citizens having information about the individuals are appealed to contact the nearest structure of the Ministry of Interior. Their anonymity is guaranteed.”
The National Post revealed last week that evidence recovered at the scene of the blast as well as intelligence information clearly showed that Hezbollah was to blame.
The suspects received money transfers from Hezbollah and the explosives were consistent with Hezbollah methods, the source said. In addition, the U.S. driver’s licenses used by the suspects were produced by a Beirut printer that has manufactured other fake IDs for Hezbollah, said the source….
“Hezbollah continues to perpetuate instability and promote fear, right on Europe’s door-step,” Rick Roth, Foreign Minister John Baird’s spokesman, said Wednesday, adding “we continue to urge our friends in the European Union to list Hezbollah as a terrorist entity.”
The Burgas bombing was one of several recent terror plots linked to Hezbollah and the Quds Force, the clandestine branch of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps. Others have been foiled in Cyprus, India, Georgia, Azerbaijan and the U.S. Prof. Levitt said they were Iran’s response to international pressure over its nuclear program.
“Iran instructed Hezbollah to target Israeli tourists around the world as part of its shadow war with the West, at the same time that it tasked the Quds Force with targeting Western diplomats, Israelis, Americans, Brits, Saudis “” all as part of a shadow war over the nuclear program,” he said.
The Canadian implicated in the Bulgaria attack has not yet been publicly identified but in February, then-Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said the suspect had immigrated to Canada from Lebanon at age eight and later became a citizen.
He lived in Vancouver but returned to Beirut with his mother when his parents divorced. “I understand he may have been back to Canada a few times since then but has not been a habitual resident in Canada since the age of 12,” Mr. Kenney said.
Traveling on his Canadian passport, he allegedly arrived in Bulgaria three weeks before the bombing. He then began using a fake Michigan driver’s license that named him as Ralph William Rico. The suspects allegedly built the explosive device in Bulgaria.
Although investigators initially described the attack as a suicide bombing, they now believe the bomb went off prematurely as one of the terrorists was planting it on the bus. The two surviving terrorists escaped by car following the blast and are now in Lebanon. Authorities in Lebanon, where Hezbollah is a key member of the government, do not appear to be cooperating with the investigation.