When was their 5k Walk Against Jihad Terrorism? I missed it.
Unleashed, formally known as Unleashed Generations, is a new nonprofit association, based in Dallas, TX, that works to alleviate the growing presence of Islamophobia, the fear of Islam, by increasing the Muslim presence in the global humanitarian community. We believe that it is our responsibility, as Muslims, to help relievemisunderstandings of Islam by showing, not simply telling, the world that this way of life teaches both beauty of the heart and mind.
Our Purpose and Vision:
The members of Unleashed desire to:
•Expand the global humanitarian community.
•Increase the Muslim presence in the global humanitarian community.
•Foster insightful and intellectual generations starting with Muslims.
•Foster a connection between humanitarian efforts and chosen careers.
•Ultimately counteract Islamophobia and help alleviate misunderstandings between Muslims and non-Muslims.
Our Mission Statement:
Unleashed will work to expand youthful Muslim minds with knowledge and awareness of humanitarian issues. By connecting this awareness to Islam’s teachings, service to the world, and to their interests and careers, the youth will gain greater desire to foster change in global dilemmas. In this process, Unleashed will work to put Muslims in the public humanitarian community and thus, alleviate the growing misunderstandings between Muslims and non-Muslims.
If Unleashed really wants to end “Islamophobia,” here is how they can accomplish it. They can call upon Muslim individuals and groups to:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively, sincerely, honestly, and in deeds, not just in comforting words, not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace Western constitutions (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that non-Muslim civilians, including Israelis, are innocent people, teaching accordingly in mosques and Islamic schools, and behaving in accord with these new teachings.
3. Teach, again sincerely and honestly, in transparent and verifiable ways in mosques and Islamic schools, the imperative of Muslims coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis, and act accordingly.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach sincerely against the understandings of Islam that give rise to violent jihad and Islamic supremacism, offering honest reinterpretations of the texts from the Qur’an and Hadith that jihadists use to justify that violence and supremacism, rejecting firmly, clearly, definitively and absolutely the literal meaning of those texts. This must also be accompanied by a rejection of all the teachings of Islamic jurisprudence calling for warfare against unbelievers for the purpose of subjugating them under Sharia rule.
5. Actively and honestly work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
6. Reject, and teach and work against, the aspects of Sharia that are at variance with accepted principles of human rights: the death penalty for apostasy, the death penalty for blasphemy and heresy, the stoning of adulterers, the amputation of thieves’ hands, the denial of women’s right to testify and their equal inheritance rights, the divine sanction of the beating of women, the denial of basic rights to women and non-Muslims, etc.
If Unleashed did these six things, voila! “Islamophobia” would vanish, and no Walk Against Islamophobia would be necessary.
“Unleashed is hosting 5K Walk Against Islamophobia,” from the North Dallas Gazette, January 21:
Unleashed is working with students in and out of classrooms addressing prevalent issues around the world and the humanitarian efforts to fix those issues. Unleashed’s ultimate vision is curing Islamophobia. They want to be at the center of starting a dialogue about the effects of Islamophobia and our solution. The organization is seeking assistance from the public as they try to present classes and activities with students, parents, and people of different faiths and backgrounds all around the world.
Instead of merely asking for donations, they are hosting the 5K walk with the goals of raising awareness of Islamophobia. Their aim is for the community to come together walk and discuss ideas. Then of course, they also are seeking to raise money so they can implement their program.
The walk is scheduled for March 1 at from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at White Rock Lake Trail in Dallas. The day will include speakers and vendors will offer food. Also, parents can enroll their students in the Unleashed program.