The Daily Mail, hopeless as ever, doesn’t bother to include in its transcript the Qur’an verses that Mujaahid Abu Hamza (whom the mainstream media insists on calling Michael Adebolajo, a name he has rejected) included at the bottom of the second page of his letter. He put them in four groups:
1. 4:69-76, 4:84, 9:41
2. 9:24, 9:39, 9:46, 9:87, 9:93
3. 9:67, 3:173, 47:20, 9:86, 9:31, 9:51-5, 8:5-6, 2:170
4. 3:160, 9:119, 9:123
5. 9:37, 2:216, 3:142
Here they are. They are quite illuminating of the murderers’ world view and motivations in killing British soldier Lee Rigby. Now will Mehdi Hasan or Maajid Nawaz or some other lauded and lionized British Muslim kindly explain how Mujaahid Abu Hamza is misunderstanding these passages?
1. “And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger – those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions. That is the bounty from Allah , and sufficient is Allah as Knower. O you who have believed, take your precaution and [either] go forth in companies or go forth all together. And indeed, there is among you he who lingers behind; and if disaster strikes you, he says, ‘Allah has favored me in that I was not present with them.’ But if bounty comes to you from Allah , he will surely say, as if there had never been between you and him any affection. ‘Oh, I wish I had been with them so I could have attained a great attainment.’ So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory – We will bestow upon him a great reward. And what is with you that you fight not in the cause of Allah and the oppressed among men, women, and children who say, ‘Our Lord, take us out of this city of oppressive people and appoint for us from Yourself a protector and appoint for us from Yourself a helper?’ Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the cause of Taghut. So fight against the allies of Satan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak.” (4:69-76) “So fight in the cause of Allah ; you are not held responsible except for yourself. And encourage the believers that perhaps Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve. And Allah is greater in might and stronger in punishment.” (4:84) “Go forth, whether light or heavy, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the cause of Allah . That is better for you, if you only knew.” (9:41)
2. “Say, ‘If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.'” (9:24) “If you do not go forth, He will punish you with a painful punishment and will replace you with another people, and you will not harm Him at all. And Allah is over all things competent.” (9:39) “And if they had intended to go forth, they would have prepared for it preparation. But Allah disliked their being sent, so He kept them back, and they were told, ‘Remain with those who remain.'” (9:46) “They were satisfied to be with those who stay behind, and their hearts were sealed over, so they do not understand.” (9:87) “The cause for blame is only upon those who ask permission of you while they are rich. They are satisfied to be with those who stay behind, and Allah has sealed over their hearts, so they do not know.” (9:93)
3. “The hypocrite men and hypocrite women are of one another. They enjoin what is wrong and forbid what is right and close their hands. They have forgotten Allah, so He has forgotten them. Indeed, the hypocrites – it is they who are the defiantly disobedient.” (9:67) “Those to whom hypocrites said, ‘Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them.’ But it increased them in faith, and they said, ‘Sufficient for us is Allah, and the best Disposer of affairs.'” (3:173) “Those who believe say, ‘Why has a surah not been sent down? But when a precise surah is revealed and fighting is mentioned therein, you see those in whose hearts is hypocrisy looking at you with a look of one overcome by death. And more appropriate for them obedience and good words.” (47:20-21) “And when a surah was revealed to believe in Allah and to fight with His Messenger, those of wealth among them asked your permission and said, “Leave us to be with them who sit.” (9:86) “They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.” (9:31) “Say, ‘Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector.’ And upon Allah let the believers rely. Say, ‘Do you await for us except one of the two best things while we await for you that Allah will afflict you with punishment from Himself or at our hands? So wait; indeed we, along with you, are waiting.’ Say, ‘Spend willingly or unwillingly; never will it be accepted from you. Indeed, you have been a defiantly disobedient people.’ And what prevents their expenditures from being accepted from them but that they have disbelieved in Allah and in His Messenger and that they come not to prayer except while they are lazy and that they do not spend except while they are unwilling. So let not their wealth or their children impress you. Allah only intends to punish them through them in worldly life and that their souls should depart [at death] while they are disbelievers.” (9:51-5) “Just as when your Lord brought you out of your home in truth, while indeed, a party among the believers were unwilling, arguing with you concerning the truth after it had become clear, as if they were being driven toward death while they were looking on.” (8:5-6) “And when it is said to them, ‘Follow what Allah has revealed,’ they say, ‘Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing.’ Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided? (2:170)
4. “If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely.” (3:160) “O you who have believed, fear Allah and be with those who are true.” (9:119) “O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness. And know that Allah is with the righteous.” (9:123)
5. “Indeed, the postponing is an increase in disbelief by which those who have disbelieved are led astray. They make it lawful one year and unlawful another year to correspond to the number made unlawful by Allah and make lawful what Allah has made unlawful. Made pleasing to them is the evil of their deeds; and Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.” (9:37) “Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.” (2:216) “Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while Allah has not yet made evident those of you who fight in His cause and made evident those who are steadfast?” (3:142)
“Adebolajo Handed Blood-Stained Note To Woolwich Witness,” from the Daily Mail (scroll down), February 26 (thanks to all who sent this in):
Before Adebolajo, 29, and his accomplice Michael Adebowale, 22, were gunned down by armed officers, jurors were told he passed a bloodstained handwritten note to a bystander.
It read: ‘To my beloved children know that to fight Allah’s enemies is an obligation. The proofs of which are so numerous that but a handful of any of them cuts out the bewitching tongues of the Munafiqeen.
‘Do not spend your days in endless dispute with the cowardly and foolish if it means it will delay you meeting Allah’s enemies on the battlefield.
‘Sometimes the cowardly and foolish could be those dearest to you so be prepared to turn away from them.
‘When you set out on this path do not look left or right.
‘Seek Shaheedala oh my sons so that you might be raised together and if its Allah’s decree that you are not to be in the hearts of green birds.
‘Then be ready for to enter the University of Joosuf. Sijn. Be patient there and be firm there and inshallah you will meet your Lord with him pleased with you.
‘Verily Allah is with those who are patient.
‘If I live beyond this day and you find me talking other than this then know that perhaps Allah has left me to stray.
‘If you find yourself curious as to why carnage is reaching your own towns then know its simply retaliation for your oppression in our towns.
‘Many of your people are aristocrats that directly benefit from invasion of our lands without material loss.
‘Whereas the average Joe Bloggs working class man loses his sons when they are killed by our brothers.
‘When the heat of battle reaches YOUR local street its unlikely that any of your so called politicians will be at risk or caught in the crossfire so I suggest you remove them.
‘Remove them and replace them with people who will secure your safety by the immediate withdrawal from the affairs of the Muslims.
‘Muslims will trade with you on fair terms but understand that the days of your international armed robbery is drawing to a close.
‘To humble yourselves willingly is better for you.
‘May Allah guide your nation to the truth’.