Islamic supremacists and Leftists in the U.S. will continue to pretend that the “Palestinians” have the moral high ground. So will Barack Obama. But when was the last time Israelis kidnapped and murdered three “Palestinian” teenagers, with top Israeli officials praising the kidnapping? Right, never.
JERUSALEM — Israeli searchers on Monday found three bodies believed to be those of the missing Israeli teenagers who were abducted more than two weeks ago in the occupied West Bank, the government of Israel said. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel called an emergency cabinet meeting as calls for a tough response escalated.
“With very heavy sorrow we found three bodies this evening and all the signs point to them being the bodies of our three kidnapped youths,” Mr. Netanyahu said.
Lt. Col. Peter Lerner, a senior spokesman for the Israeli military, said three bodies were found at 5 p.m. “under a pile of rocks in an open field” between Halhul and Beit Kahil, two Palestinian towns near Hebron. The location was an area that thousands of soldiers had been scouring for more than a week. The bodies “are being transferred for forensic identification,” Colonel Lerner, declining to say whether they were clothed or otherwise contained visual clues of identity. “We have informed the families that we found the bodies and that final identification is pending.”
The disappearances set off an uproar in Israel and deeply aggravated the already strained relations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, which had just taken steps to form a unity government backed by Hamas, the militant group that controls the Gaza Strip. Israeli officials, who have rejected that government, have identified two Palestinians from Hebron they say are affiliated with Hamas as prime suspects. Hamas did not take responsibility, but praised the abductions.
The intensity and scope of the Israeli security operation to find the missing teenagers was the biggest in the West Bank in more than a decade, and has left at least five Palestinians dead.
There were no public statements from Palestinian leaders to the news of the discovered bodies. Nabil Abu Rudeineh, the spokesman for President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority; Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian peace negotiator; and Xavier Abu Eid, spokesman for the Palestine Liberation Organization, did not answer telephone calls or immediately respond to messages….