Well, let’s see. He is a Muslim — not one who recently converted, but one who has been a Muslim for at least three years. His father is a veteran of the jihad in Libya. His photo was sent out yesterday by the Islamic State, which has repeatedly called upon Muslims in the West to stage freelance jihad attacks. In other words, the gunman’s motive is staring ABC News and the Canadian authorities in the face, but it is the one thing that the mainstream media and all too many Western officials do not wish to see, and spend a great deal of time trying to obfuscate. “The Most Pressing Question About the Ottawa Shooting,” ABC News, October 23, 2014 (thanks to Pamela Geller):
Authorities in Canada are trying to understand what motivated a gunman to kill a soldier in the country’s capital Wednesday, with Prime Minister Stephen Harper calling the shooting the country’s second “terrorist” attack this week.
“We will not be intimidated. Canada will never be intimidated,” Harper vowed in a nationally televised address after a masked gunman killed a soldier standing guard at Ottawa’s war memorial. The victim was identified as Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24.
Following the shooting — which was reported at 9:52 a.m. Wednesday — the suspect stormed Parliament but was shot to death by ceremonial sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers, 58, authorities said.
The gunman was identified as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a 32-year-old Canadian national who had recently converted to Islam, ABC News has learned.
At this point, authorities are still gathering details about the gunman, Harper said.
“In the days to come, we will learn about the terrorist and any accomplices he may have had,” Harper said.
Canada had already raised its national terrorism alert level following an incident Monday in which a Canadian soldier was killed in a hit-and-run by a man suspected to have been a radicalized jihadist….