“Michael Zehaf-Bibeau threatened to act ‘in the name of Allah in response to Canadian foreign policy’: source,” Canadian Press, October 27, 2014:
The country’s top Mountie says it’s his hope to “someday” release to the public a video left behind by the gunman in last week’s attack on the National War Memorial and Parliament Hill.
RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson says the video made by Michael Zehaf Bibeau contains evidence that the shooting was driven by political and ideological motives.
And he says while the video is still being analyzed by police, it’s his hope that it will eventually be released to the public.
“We’re interested in getting that before the public, but we’re interested in making sure that we have secured — and are confident in — its intelligence and evidence value,” Paulson told a Senate committee.
“It will certainly someday be released…. I really am inclined to overcome those challenges and get it released as soon as possible.”
In the video, Zehaf Bibeau says he will act in the name of Allah in response to Canada’s foreign policy, a source close to the investigation told The Canadian Press.
“He says he will take action in the name of Allah and in response to Canadian foreign policy,” said the source, speaking on condition of anonymity….