1,400 British non-Muslim children were gang-raped and brutalized by Muslims in Rotherham, and “several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so.” And now four years of key files are missing. Has anyone checked Nick Lowles‘s office? The people who have the most to lose here are those who, like Lowles, smeared anyone and everyone who spoke out against these Muslim rape gangs as “racist,” “bigoted” and “Islamophobic.” These files almost certainly contain incriminating material about how British officials wouldn’t move against the rape gangs for fear of being stigmatized with those labels. But those officials are still in positions of power and influence in Britain, and so these missing files are unlikely ever to be recovered.
“Rotherham child sex abuse files ‘go missing from council archive,'” by Jack Blanchard, Mirror, October 13, 2014:
Four years of crucial files on child sex abuse in Rotherham have gone missing from a council archive, it was revealed today.
Professor Alexandra Jay, who wrote the bombshell report revealing 1,400 young girls were abused in the town over 15 years, said minutes from key meetings have disappeared.
Rotherham Council was slammed in her report for ignoring the scandal and its leader and chief executive have both since resigned.
Appearing before the Commons local government committee, Prof Jay warned her inquiry had not seen all the key information.
“We were concerned about particular missing information, from around the time 1999 to 2003.
“This was a period when there were a group of dedicated professionals meeting and trying hard to address these issues,” she said.
“These meetings were carefully minuted. Those minutes were never available.
“I asked for them on several occasions, and they couldn’t be found.”
Prof Jay said there was no doubt the minutes should have been held by the council.“Some of those involved in the meetings were very distressed that they couldn’t be found,” she said.
“There were four years of minutes.
“They contained information about how decisions were made about these children’s lives. As adults they have a right to know what happened.”
Prof Jay’s report revealed how a series of reports warning of widespread sexual abuse of vulnerable girls by gangs of Asian men were swept under the carpet by council chiefs.
She made clear today that highly-paid bosses were to blame.
“The problem was certainly with the senior managers who did not pay attention to what they were being told, and insisted it was all being blown out of proportion,” she said.
Asked where those bosses are now, she said: “They are either retired or moved elsewhere.”
Prof Jay added that a desire to keep “good relations” with the local Pakistani community and a worry about “reputational risk” for the council also caused officers to turn a blind eye.
She said: “There was a hope on the part of some that this was just a one-off problem and if people just kept quiet about it it would all just go away.”
The council’s new leader, Paul Lakin, admitted the council had been ineffective in the past because it was too dominated by a single party – Labour.At one stage, he said, more than 60 of the council’s 66 members were all Labour Party councillors.
Lakin – himself a Labour councillor – questioned how well previous administrations were held to account.
“You’re always going to have a particular problem where you have a single party with a majority of the size that Rotherham was,” he said.
Rotherham Council is already facing an independent inquiry into its protection of children in the wake of the devastating report.
It was confirmed today that South Yorkshire Police will also face an inquiry into its failings, overseen by the National Crime Agency.