“German intelligence have declined to reveal details of the intelligence dossier, amid reports that one of the terror cell members was a woman and another was named as Faiz A. ‘Some of these answers would alarm the public.'” Oh, well, then, by all means, keep us in the dark, ignorant and complacent, and keep telling us that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Islam and that importing hundreds of thousands more Muslims will not cause any trouble at all.
An update on this story. “German football match was cancelled after French spies warned of ‘five bomb plot’ by five jihadists including a woman to carry out Paris-style attack on stadium,” by Katie Davies and Tom Wyke, MailOnline, November 21, 2015:
Five jihadists, including one woman, were just 90 minutes away from carrying out a deadly series of five bomb attacks, including at Hanover’s football stadium hosting Germany’s friendly match against Holland, were stopped after receiving a warning from French intelligence.
A comprehensive dossier of intelligence information on the attack was handed to the German authorities by French intelligence is thought to have led to the immediate evacuation of the football stadium and concert venue in the city, according to local media.
An anonymous paramedic revealed an ambulance was packed with explosives and found outside the HDI Arena, according to one German newspaper, although this was later denied by German authorities amid claims of a cover-up.
According to German newspaper Bild, a North African terror cell was planning to attack Hanover with assault rifles and suicide vests – chillingly similar to the methods used in Paris on Friday.
There were also reports of a known trouble-maker, who was held at gunpoint by police outside the ground. Fresh information has revealed that the terrorists were planning to detonate a bomb at a bus stop and a fifth device was found in a train station close to the stadium.
German intelligence have declined to reveal details of the intelligence dossier, amid reports that one of the terror cell members was a woman and another was named as Faiz A.
‘Some of these answers would alarm the public, ‘ Thomas de Maiziere, the interior minister said when questioned about the details of the dossier.
Other reports claimed a man rushed off a train and left behind an explosive device.
Further investigating by police have identified the man to be an innocent electrical engineer who had left his tools behind on the train after racing to get his connection.
The terrifying event began with an announcement at the 45,000-capacity stadium in northern Germany advising fans to leave calmly and that there was no danger.
Top government officials including Chancellor Angela Merkel had been scheduled to attend the match to send a signal that Germany wouldn’t bow to terrorism in the wake of the Paris attacks.
A German security official has denied reports that explosives were found outside the stadium and no arrests have been made.
The German national team was just 5km from the stadium and they were taken to a police station but have now left. The Dutch players were sent home after space on a flight was found.
Security services told German news agency DPA the threat came from Islamists.
Hanover police president Volker Kluwe said last Wednesday: ‘There were serious plans for an explosion, a specific risk situation for all of Hanover. We feared a bomb attack at the stadium tonight.’…