Hey, great idea. And The Religion of Peace site tracks murderous jihad attacks around the world, including the U.S. Why don’t we meet back here in a year and see who has killed more people in the U.S.: Islamic jihadis or “Islamophobes.” No attacks on any innocent people are ever justified, but note also that many of the Huffington Post’s documented instances of “Islamophobia” are sensible measures designed to protect people from jihad terror and Sharia oppression, such as bills to ban Sharia or track Syrian refugees, or are just statements they don’t like. They are trying to demonize and silence all opposition to jihad terror.
“HuffPost Starts Tracker of ‘Deplorable Wave of Hate’ Against Islam,” by Melissa Mullins, Newsbusters, February 9, 2016:
The Huffington Post – which considers itself a reputable news source – has started an “Islamophobia” tracker. This little side project on its site tracks anti-Muslim remarks, harassment, intimidation, bigotry and acts of violence against Muslims. Why? Because the Huffington Post feels a severe phobia about Muslims has taken over America in recent months. From their site:
After last year’s terror attacks in Paris and mass shooting in San Bernardino, California — and amidst a surge in anti-Muslim rhetoric from U.S. politicians — reports about Muslims in America facing violence, harassment, intimidation and bigotry have become omnipresent. Many Muslims say Islamophobia is worse now than it’s ever been — even worse than it was after 9/11.
It might be impossible to create a comprehensive list of discriminatory acts against American Muslims and those perceived to be Muslim, but The Huffington Post will document this deplorable wave of hate for all of 2016 using news reports and firsthand accounts. The breadth and severity of Islamophobia in America can no longer go unnoticed. Enough is enough.
At the bottom of this tracker page, For those looking to “stand up for your Muslim neighbors,” The Huffington Post links to CAIR – an Islamic organization with ties to radical terrorist groups. There’s also a “visit your local mosque” link.
As of Tuesday, there have been 28 “documented” instances of Islamophobia – all in the month of January. They are not just “hate crimes,” there is media coverage and legislation they dislike:
Here’s just a sampling of the “instances” where islamophobia was committed:
– During the Republican presidential debate in Iowa, Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly “wonders if seeing Muslims justifies a call to police.” In contest, she wondered if neighbors of the San Bernadino shooters should have reported something if they saw large packages being delivered to their house.
– State legislature in South Carolina advances a bill forbidding Sharia law in courts.
– State senate committee in South Carolina okays a bill to track Syrian refugees.
– “Hate speech” at California State University in Sacramento (though the actual hateful message wasn’t elaborated on by the college administrators.)
– Legislation in Tennessee that would “stop Islamic religious indoctrination” when parents expressed anger over lessons on Islam and a teacher having their students write and say “Allah is the only god” for a project – though Christianity and Judaism were barely given a mention….