A Canadian court (the Ontario Superior Court of Justice) awarded $13 million from Iran’s frozen assets to the families of Americans who died in several Jihadist attacks globally that have been determined to have been sponsored by Tehran between 1983 to 2002.
Last month it was reported that the rogue state of Iran was planning to sue the U.S. in international court over a similar, but much weightier ruling, in which the U.S. Supreme Court granted two billion dollars in compensation to victims of terror from frozen funds belonging to Tehran.
During a speech, President Hassan Rouhani said Iran would “take this case to the International Court [of Justice] in the near future and will not spare any effort towards the restoration of the nation’s rights through legal, political and banking channels.” Since when does this murderous Jihadist state care about justice, rights and legalities?
“Canadian court awards $13mn in frozen assets to ‘Iran terror’ victims”, RT News, June 11, 2016:
A Canadian court has awarded $13 million in non-diplomatic assets seized from Iran to the families of Americans who died in several attacks globally, which had allegedly been sponsored by Tehran between 1983 to 2002.
The judgment by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, obtained by AFP on Friday, found Tehran responsible for financing and training Hamas and Hezbollah operatives, who carried out eight bombings or hostage-takings in Buenos Aires, Israel, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia over a period spanning nearly 20 years.
“Terrorism is one of the world’s greatest threats,” Ontario Superior Court Justice Glenn Hainey said in his decision. “The broad issue before the court is whether Iran is entitled to immunity from the jurisdiction of Canadian courts for its support of terrorism.”
The ruling for the $13 million payout does not affect Iran’s diplomatic property in Canada but does touch non-diplomatic properties and a list of frozen bank accounts. Tehran did not immediately comment on the court judgment……