“Police suspect that the man went to the attack on the church because it is a symbol of the Christian faith.” A very justifiable suspicion indeed. This man was arrested for vandalism, but this is not an isolated incident. This man has manifested attitudes that will continue to show themselves in Swedish society, and will cause increasing conflict.
Domestic. A man broke Sunday night in St. Paul’s Church in central Malmö and vandalized it, including by breaking the window panes.
– It will be investigated as a hate crime, said Jimmy Modin at Skåne police to the Free Times.
It was three o’clock in the night of Monday, police received an alarm if someone broke into the church from the 1800s and was about to smash the windows and doors. When police arrived at the scene the man went instead to attack them.
– He tries to beat patrol with a träpåk or stick of some kind, says Skåne police spokesman Jimmy Modin for free times.
Police patrol was forced to use pepper spray to overpower the aggressive man.
– He was arrested for vandalism, trespassing and attempted violence against official said Modin.
– As I understand it, he had also made their way into the church, hence the hacking crime of.
Police suspect that the man went to the attack on the church because it is a symbol of the Christian faith.
– It will be investigated as a hate crime, says Modin.
There are media reports that the man should have shouted “Allahu Akbar” in connection with vandalism of church….